What Subjects/People Should Children/Teenagers Be Taught About In School?

Mame Biram Diouf

They should teach Rastafari in RS/BV instead of just christianity all the time.

in my primary school we used to have assemblies on different religions an faiths

there was a handful of rasta youts in the school, so couple peoples parents used to come in an give guest talks

was live

an the deputy head used to come into assembly an greet the school in a different way everyday

one day shes like 'shalom everybodyyyyyy'

another day 'rastafari everyboddddy' an she was from new zealand so she used to say rastafairy

and a previous deputy head, her favourite song of all time was redemption song, that was one a the songs we used to sing in assembly

goin to a multicultural/faith primary school>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

it can never be a bad thing to learn how to handle money from an early age

it doesnt encourage greed, it enables the poor who have nothing to not keep having nothing

how to budget, as simple as that sounds

managing debt, opening your mail when it comes through the door, even tho its a bunch of bills

simple sh*t

saving

we live in a capitalist system, everyone should know exactly what the options are available to them to benefit from the system

I never said it encourages greed

I said it won't discourage the love of money

and the love of money/power

is one of the main problems in society/the world/whatever

'money by any means'

so u disagree that how to handle money should be taught in schools?

I agree they should be taught values by their parents

But

Primary, and then secondary school are your first real instances of longterm independant interaction with people outside your family

You learn a lot from your parents but school has a huuuuuuuuuge influence on you as a child

it cant be underestimated imo

I can see how u mite be influenced by the manor in which a teacher behaves

But this thread is about what changes should be made to lessons, imo theres not much wrong with what kids are being taught now (well when i was in school anyway), i dont see what morals has do with a maths or chemistry lesson for example.

Only main thing i think u should be changed is children should be pushed harder like they should do year 3 work in year 2 for example

handling money should be taught at home, I dunno how effective schools are at teaching values to live life with, especially at secondary level (I suppose it's easier at primary but understanding of money wouldn't be up to date)

how can it be taught at home

when so many people in this country are in debt

everyschool within areas of social deprivation, u kno none of the parents know how to handle money themselves

the best a child can do is learn from their parents mistakes in a lot of cases

a lot of people dont even have money, livin hand to mouth, handlin money isnt even an occurance in certain households

I agree they should be taught values by their parents

But

Primary, and then secondary school are your first real instances of longterm independant interaction with people outside your family

You learn a lot from your parents but school has a huuuuuuuuuge influence on you as a child

it cant be underestimated imo

I can see how u mite be influenced by the manor in which a teacher behaves

But this thread is about what changes should be made to lessons, imo theres not much wrong with what kids are being taught now (well when i was in school anyway), i dont see what morals has do with a maths or chemistry lesson for example.

Only main thing i think u should be changed is children should be pushed harder like they should do year 3 work in year 2 for example

I dunno he said what things should kids be taught about

Surely there is a place for this considering there is a place for subjects such as sex ed, and RS, which is there for the purpose of teaching religious tolerence

At school you have a lesson plan (which is VERY rigid, I know teachers who complain about this) which has to be stuck to according to the curriculum

which is there to ensure you will pass a test which will ensure the school will pass its targets for percentage of pupils in a certain grade bracket

its all business tbh

however

School is meant to prepare you for life without it, so that to me, means all the experience that you need in the outside world can be learned in school

people USED to learn discipline in school

that has gone fully down the train

its no small coincidence that the discipline of children across the country has also

Hmm I don't have strictly examples (though there are plenty of people who are clearly intelligent yet possessed with a devilish mind)

But a lot of people are saying how to handle money

Being taught how to handle it from a young age won't dissuade the love of it, and love of money is an evil thing

Its like the saying, Knowledge without virtue breeds arrogance

Love of people > Love of money

The world would be a far better place if everyone was virtuous, rather than everyone was clever with money, don't you agree?

Teaching kids about money in school is a dumb idea neway

But u missed the point of the thread imo

They should be taught values by their parents from way b4 they start skool really its not an issue for school education 2 deal with imo

Your saying parents like every child has parents some dont even have a parent, and even those that do, they are not educated themselves so how they going to educate their kids.

Just look at Carlos is thread with the gangs, look were them gettin ''raised'' by their parent/parents got them

Yeah and thats a huge problem with this society but do u really think changing a school curriculum is going to make much of a difference? Its much bigger than that imo.

And those 'gang members' are just neeks they arent shooting anyone allow letting them influence ur opinion on anything

Yeah but Cipher people were taught the wrong type of discipline imo

Its not up to the state to hand out physical punishment because that will just lead to children growing up into adults who hate the system even more

Schools should show both sides and give the children the skills on how to assess and make judgements and then let them decide what to do once they have been educated fully on the situation.

Hmm I don't have strictly examples (though there are plenty of people who are clearly intelligent yet possessed with a devilish mind)

Being taught how to handle it from a young age won't dissuade the love of it, and love of money is an evil thing

The world would be a far better place if everyone was virtuous, rather than everyone was clever with money, don't you agree?

They should be taught values by their parents from way b4 they start skool really its not an issue for school education 2 deal with imo

Your saying parents like every child has parents some dont even have a parent, and even those that do, they are not educated themselves so how they going to educate their kids.

Just look at Carlos is thread with the gangs, look were them gettin ''raised'' by their parent/parents got them

Yeah and thats a huge problem with this society but do u really think changing a school curriculum is going to make much of a difference? Its much bigger than that imo.

And those 'gang members' are just neeks they arent shooting anyone allow letting them influence ur opinion on anything

You have to start somewhere

Whats a better place then with the adults of 2moro?

Dunno where you live but people are getting shot and stabbed all the time just because its not reported in your local paper dont think it is not happening because it is.

Yes not all of them are letting off shots but people are. And it is getting worse.

^ I completely agree, though I know a few people who speak on the fear of getting a cane across the hand from the headmaster with a sense of....pride, when they talk about children nowadays

Not saying I condone beating, Sosa was just saying its strictly lesson plan thing...just saying other things can and have been instilled at school..

& yes thats the point im making

massive problems in society

and you start with the peple who are kids now

lol@ people dismissing the brehs in that video as if they were posing with toys.

the whole colours thing, the need to even ATTEMPT to pose like that doesnt show neekiness

it doesnt show ur some true G either. but ur dismising them fuels the fact that they will eventually need to prove suttin

and ur not dismissing them cos ur any harder urself, but you WANT to be.

that whole game of who's the hardest is the main issue here, not just a few neeks making a video

it doesnt encourage greed, it enables the poor who have nothing to not keep having nothing

managing debt, opening your mail when it comes through the door, even tho its a bunch of bills

simple sh*t

saving

we live in a capitalist system, everyone should know exactly what the options are available to them to benefit from the system

U serious

Low corrupting a childs mind to care about money

Just teach them common sense

simple sh*t

saving

U serious

Why are you so ignorant?

Nobody is saying tell them to care about money

But it is only a matter of time before they have to deal with money so it is better let them know how to approach it and deal with it when the time comes rather then get into debt and having a sh*t credit rating by 20 and still living at home

You have to start somewhere

Whats a better place then with the adults of 2moro?

Dunno where you live but people are getting shot and stabbed all the time just because its not reported in your local paper dont think it is not happening because it is.

Yes not all of them are letting off shots but people are. And it is getting worse.

I dont know wot u nd r9 are really suggesting though. Are u gonna give kids morals lessons or something?

simple sh*t

saving

U serious

Why are you so ignorant?

But it is only a matter of time before they have to deal with money so it is better let them know how to approach it and deal with it when the time comes rather then get into debt and having a sh*t credit rating by 20 and still living at home

Like u need to go to a lesson to realise u shouldnt spend money that isnt urs

i dont think uve thought this 'money lesson' thing through really

Guest Esquilax

simple sh*t

saving

U serious

Why are you so ignorant?

Like u need to go to a lesson to realise u shouldnt spend money that isnt urs

i dont think uve thought this 'money lesson' thing through really

Maybe if people were taught the importance of frugality with money we wouldn't have just been arse raped by the biggest economic recession in recent years?

Money, no matter how 'evil' you think it is, is here to stay, in one form or another. It needs to be an intrinsic part of modern schooling life, if not more so than the study of things like geography and media or whatever bullshit people take