What Subjects/People Should Children/Teenagers Be Taught About In School?

Mame Biram Diouf

Do people think that when they speak french to a french person, the French person thinks 'they're one of us'?

the levels of stupidity on this forum are actuially staggering sometimes

hang tight man like samiad believing that when she speaks french she does it in a perfect accent and nobody in france would clock that fact that she's from england and speaking french in a thick english accent, and that french ppl just can't be bothered to attempt an english accent.

its not about people thinkin im one of them when i speak french in a french accent

its making the effort

theres nothing stupid about what i said, it was an observation

surprise surprise, you man are having an orgasm over something smaddy said u perceive to be wrong

why

at school we were given spanish conversation teachers and french conversation teachers, who were both native speakers, for the purpose of helping us with our pronounciation an conversational skills

why is such a stupid notion that when someone speaks another language they adopt an accent, just because no one does, doesnt mean its stupid

whenever i've spoken to israelis, they speak english in an american accent because theyve been taught english by american speakers

why

at school we were given spanish conversation teachers and french conversation teachers, who were both native speakers, for the purpose of helping us with our pronounciation an conversational skills

why is such a stupid notion that when someone speaks another language they adopt an accent, just because no one does, doesnt mean its stupid

whenever i've spoken to israelis, they speak english in an american accent because theyve been taught english by american speakers

lmao

she actually still doesn't get it

see when you speak French, YOU DON'T SOUND FRENCH. YOU SOUND LIKE AN ENGLISH PERSON TRYING TO SPEAK FRENCH IN A TERRIBLE ACCENT. SAME WAY WHEN FOREIGNERS SPEAK ENGLISH THEY FND IT DIFFICULT TO LOSE THE ACCENT AND YOU CAN TELL THEY'RE NOT ENGLISH. THEY ARE TRYING TO ADOPT AN ACCENT, AND BELIEVE ME 90% OF THE TIME THEIR ENGLISH ACCENT WILL BE MORE ON POINT THAN YOUR SPANISH/FRENCH ONE IS.

• Upvote 1

why

lmao

see when you speak French, YOU DON'T SOUND FRENCH. YOU SOUND LIKE AN ENGLISH PERSON TRYING TO SPEAK FRENCH IN A TERRIBLE ACCENT. SAME WAY WHEN FOREIGNERS SPEAK ENGLISH THEY FND IT DIFFICULT TO LOSE THE ACCENT AND YOU CAN TELL THEY'RE NOT ENGLISH. THEY ARE TRYING TO ADOPT AN ACCENT, AND BELIEVE ME 90% OF THE TIME THEIR ENGLISH ACCENT WILL BE MORE ON POINT THAN YOUR SPANISH/FRENCH ONE IS.

Bruv your an idiot, maybe it is difficult for you, but language and pronouciation come easily to some people and with a little effort and practice you can speak a language perfectly, like in war times they would teach spies specific regional accents/dialects of france/germany etc to help disguise them

• Upvote 1

why

lmao

You're such a neek its heart breaking

Every1 gets what you are saying, but it different for every person

"THEY ARE TRYING TO ADOPT AN ACCENT"

How do you know? I know plenty of ppl who speak english as a second language and they dont try to adopt an accent. i know this cos i speak their 1st language and i can tell. its just like in french class u could tell who was trying to do a french accent and who wasnt. Whether their accent is good or not is irrelevant.

And neway, even if some is wrong about something doesnt mean u have to turn on caps lock and start calling people stupid, surely knowing u are right is enough? Ur arrogance is disgusting really

Neway i dont want any trouble

• Upvote 2

why

lmao

Bruv your an idiot, maybe it is difficult for you, but language and pronouciation come easily to some people and with a little effort and practice you can speak a language perfectly, like in war times they would teach spies specific regional accents/dialects of france/germany etc to help disguise them

I just don't agree. I speak to people at work every day who have been learning English for 20+ years who still don't sound English. Same way people will live in this country for years and will still speak the language in a foreign accent.

I speak to foreign people all week (most of whom have been learning English most of their lives) and I've never encountered anybody who wasn't English who I had mistaken to be English. Unless you grow up speaking a language it's very difficult to 'learn' to speak it like a native.

Guest WAVESURFER

It's not about learning an accent, you either have it or you don't.

You can do your best to impersonate the accent, but a native speaker will pick up on it, you will NOT have the same accent as them.

Cunts on here thinking they're Rory Bremner & sh*t, GTFOH.

Sorry but No Sunshine's gassed.

How can man say money control should be taught at home by parents (those same parents who most probably havent grasped it themselves), suggest an idiotic example like we shouldnt learn the French equivalent of Queen's English more how the locals speak, then have the cheek to call someone else stupid?

Sorry but that doesnt make sense in my books.

I feel it is a fundamental lack of perception on your part that you assume the reckless spending of a section of society must be attributed to the absence of 'money lessons' in secondary schools, rather than being related to a wide variety of factors such as apathy and recklessness on the part of individuals, as well as a growing wider culture of greed, materialism and disregard for consequence.

Do you think that people who rack up thousands of pounds in debt because they maxed out their credit card on clothes and electrical goods that they couldn't afford did so because they didn't understand the principle of credit, or is it possibly because they held a 'who cares' attitude towards responsibility?

How do you account for the majority of individuals who don't get into problems with debt and money-borrowing, who also weren't taught about money in school and like myself were never sat down by their parents and taught how the economy works?

common sense.. and some classes about how to raise a child

It's not just the subject it's also the delivery.

sexual health and relationship education should be taught and part of everyday life.

not a religous person at all, but people these days are to promiscuous and most of the time arent ready or prepared for the outcomes, i.e STI's and Pregnancy, or the life they'll have to live afterwards.

i agree with the money management, but as it was already said in here, Parents should take responsibility for that.

i agree with the morals thing, but can you really teach morals or can you just give ppl somthing to think about around the subject.

i actually think certain ettiquette training should be given aswell. because some people just do not know how to act or behave in some settings.

Interview technique should be looked at and things like phone manner.

these things can get you very far when looking for a job as a lot of the time its the first thing the interviewer is faced with rather than exam results and qualifications.

i think all young people should be given a degree of one to one supervision aswell throughout their time in school. like half an hour a week or so.