Emigrating

Sub_Zero

i always think unless you have a job lined up you're gonna be putting yourself back a couple years, because most of our qualifications like A-Levels and even degree dont mean anything in different countries and you're gonna have to re-enter education or re-train. More hassle than its worth for me, but if a job came up i would emigrate for a couple years no qualms. Catch me in the middle east getting that tax free money

a nigerian man that works with my mum did his doctors degree in nigeria... he now has to re-do this exam in england, which is like 2 or 3 years...

can u imagine...

Done this already for the US, and ill advise that the best way to get a green card/working visa in the US

if you already dont work for a company in the UK that sponsors you to work in the US

is through Post graduate, not undergrad, or marriage, or sports and creative arts.

Then there's marriage, but even this isnt a done deal and can take a frustrating amt of time to process.

i always think unless you have a job lined up you're gonna be putting yourself back a couple years, because most of our qualifications like A-Levels and even degree dont mean anything in different countries and you're gonna have to re-enter education or re-train. More hassle than its worth for me, but if a job came up i would emigrate for a couple years no qualms. Catch me in the middle east getting that tax free money

a nigerian man that works with my mum did his doctors degree in nigeria... he now has to re-do this exam in england, which is like 2 or 3 years...

can u imagine...

You underestimate the value of a British Education

our universities and top independent schools are filled with international students

royalty from other countries send their children to board here, and to go to Oxbridge and the rest

we don't have to go an retrain, an re do a degree anywhere

From you have your bachelors an a yr or 2 experience, u can go anywhere, u can really go anywhere when u get ur masters

the world is ur oyster

can u imagine...

our universities and top independent schools are filled with international students

royalty from other countries send their children to board here, and to go to Oxbridge and the rest

From you have your bachelors an a yr or 2 experience, u can go anywhere, u can really go anywhere when u get ur masters

the world is ur oyster

This isn't true.

Unless you're talking figuratively.

there are excellent graduates that have graduated in india or wherever in the world... (generally speaking)

im speaking about experience.... not about popularity or name...

he may of new what he was doing... but because england want to be excited... he now has to re-do his whole thing, once again...

Guest M12 Part 2

can u imagine...

the world is ur oyster

tbh i think this is only the case if u go oxbridge. if the job is being advertised here its a different story but if you were to just pack up ur bags, go to america and try to apply for the same jobs that their graduates were applying, for you would get air. They wouldnt bother to put in the time to find out what 2:1 means let alone the rep of your uni and whether you have been taught the same things as their unis teach.

you cant pack ur bags go to america and find a job, it doesnt work like that anyway

you have to already have a job offer, and have and an advanced degree which will be recognised by employers in the US

who really does that though? when people talk about emigrating who in their right mind is saying yh im jus gna pack my bags 2moro and go an live in another country, with no plan

if you dont have a job already lined up how else are you going to survive, no matter which country it is?

and we live in a global community, there are plenty of jobs being advertised which accept international applications.

You don't just have to be from Oxbridge either.

• Upvote 1

beware of listening to smaddy. thats the best advice to take from this thread.

lol@ already having a job offer from the US before applying for a visa.

Question on job application (just like there is in the uk): "are you eligible to work in the US" YES OR NO

Answer:NO

*application gets dashed* so therell be no hope of getting a job offer in the 1st place.

answer: YES ...(even though you dont but think your face is that special and then jet over there for an interview)

again youll get dashed cos they will have to prove to the US govt why you are exceptional. you have an oxford degree, they have to prove why an american cant do that job. as if they dont have harvard etc..

• Upvote 1

venom ur chatting sh*t. smaddy is right, u need a secured job offer from a us employer b4 u will be granted a visa.

you cannot secure a job from a US employer sittin on your arse in the UK. you are not eligible to work there so you have no hope of securing any job.

sponsorship costs about $2-5bags depending on the length of the visa. who the f*ck are you that any US employer is gonna waste their time on you cos you went to oxford.

if you went to oxford and are applying for a job, chances are those from harvard and the other ivy league unis are also applying for that job.

if u did suttin like an exchange program or work experience as part of uni thats possible. but thats cos you were already in the US. not just applying at random cos you went to a good uni.

• Upvote 1

obv ur not gonna be sitting on ur arse in the uk, u will have to be going to and from the states to attend interviews and such. also u will obv have to be skilled and/or experienced to stand out among american applicants altho sum companies like a multi-national team. but ur not getting an H visa unless uve got sumwhere to go.

• Upvote 1