Official World Football Thread

Gunner

do you rate Matty Ryan?

heard good things about him

mini valdes 

He is ok

By far the best keeper in Belgian Pro League for the last few years and will be a good stop gap until Diego Alves returns

was on trial with us for a while, was said to be too small tho so we didnt bother signing him

do you rate Matty Ryan?

heard good things about him

mini valdes 

He is ok

By far the best keeper in Belgian Pro League for the last few years and will be a good stop gap until Diego Alves returns

was on trial with us for a while, was said to be too small tho so we didnt bother signing him

yeah i read that too but he is apparently very good passer and quite athletic

thus the valdes comparisons 

reus is such a CLEAN shooter

a joy to watch 

rues,auba,mikhi is a quick front line. if rues stays fit for the whole season they could win bundesliga 

They're a team to make money off of this season. Every one in that team was willing to square it for the easy goal. 

• Upvote 1

reus is such a CLEAN shooter

a joy to watch

rues,auba,mikhi is a quick front line. if rues stays fit for the whole season they could win bundesliga

They're a team to make money off of this season. Every one in that team was willing to square it for the easy goal.

Reminds me of Arsenal 2007-2009

Zahavi has become a beast

60 goals in 76 games from AM

Scored two tonight against Basel

Records Edit

Most goals in a season – Maccabi Tel Aviv: (29 goals) 2013–14.

Most goals in a row – 11 games in a row: (14 goals) 2014–15.

35 League goals in 2014 – 2nd in Europe and 3rd in the World. [14]

Poku has been doing really well in the last two months in MLS

He is only 21 and he is $60,000 a year

Ghana should call him up before USA do(he has an american passport because I think he married Rebecca)

He was impressive again last night(Pirlo y Villa are going mad about him)

• Upvote 1

I had 0 faith in Baker, but he ran that game. Proving me wrong. Hope he continues. Brown on the other hand, his first touch is with force and backwards. Reminds me of Rooney :lol: Probably in need of a confidence boost. He's usually twice the size of his competition.

poku was decent against tired legs when i saw him 

some clean finsishes

From a Real Madrid ITK I know.

Agree re: Llorente. I think he would be a nice compliment to the other forwards we have in the squad but it sounds like he is closer to Sevilla.

I think the thing about Kovacic is that he could replace either Modric or Kroos and obviously the team suffered a lot when we lost Modric lats year and also it was clear that Kroos was completely destroyed physically by the end of the season he has accumulated way too many minutes. So hopefully Rafa will be able to use him and Casemiro (although tactically he gives you something different whereas I think Kovacic will be more like for like) to rotate the midfield throughout the campaign.

Still lots of decisions regarding players coming and going before the squad is finalised.

1. De Gea - Yesterday the rumour was that Florentino told him to stay in Manchester for one more year and we would pay him a 16m euro bonus when he comes for free. Today it sounds like the transfer is back on but it is contingent on Keylor Navas moving the other direction.

2. Coentrao - He's obviously content to stay put. He's also been linked with a move to Man Utd as well but his agent has said if he leaves RM it will only be to go back to Benfica. He still has two years left on his current deal. I feel like he could still add something to the squad but his injuries have been debilitating and now mentally I don't know if he is implicated for the cause.

3. Asensio - This boy has shown extremely well in preseason but it sounds like he will go on loan to Espanyol this year which I am fine with because it will be good for him to get lots of minutes in Primera.

4. Cheryshev - With Asensio going on loan, it seems certain now that Cheryshev will stay.

5. Lucas Silva - He has to go because there are already 3 non-EU foreign players on the books (Casemiro, Danilo, and James). He was being linked with a loan move to Betis but now it sounds like Arsenal are in for him on a permanent deal. What a waste of time.

6. Illarramendi - I think Kovacic is obviously the final nail in his coffin. I feel bad for the guy because he's genuinely a good lad. He never complains when he doesn't play, he tries. But he will always be haunted by that night in Dortmund and he hasn't shown the mental fortitude to overcome that performance. Sounds like he will go to Liverpool and I think his qualities will be well suited to the EPL.

So I think in the end the squad will look like this:

GK: Kiko Casilla, David De Gea

DF: Alvaro Arbeloa, Dani Carvajal, Danilo, Marcelo, Nacho, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane

MF: Casemiro, Denis Cheryshev, Isco, Mateo Kovacic, Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, James Rodriguez, Lucas Vazquez

FW: Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Jese, Ronaldo

I think there is real depth in midfield for the first time in a long time. I'm still a little worried about left back. Obviously Rafa has complete faith in Arbeloa for one more year but if there were to be a long term injury to Marcelo I would be a little nervous. If Jese can continue his preseason form forward I think he could really get back to his pre-injury level.

------------------------------------De Gea/Casilla

Carvajal/Danilo------Pepe/Varane------S. Ramos/Nacho------Marcelo/Arbeloa

------------------------Kroos/Casemiro------Modric/Kovacic

James/L. Vazquez------------------Bale/Isco-----------------Ronaldo/Cheryshev

-----------------------------------Benzema/Jese

Still remains to be seen whether or not Rafa will continue to use Bale through the middle or put him back out on the wing. Or whether Benzema will be first choice or not. But based on preseason this might be close. Perhaps the Trofeo Bernabeu match tonight against Galatasaray will give us some more clues.

• 2 weeks later...