Match Day 5

MrJibbles

I cnt take this british coverage, really we should get broadcasts from the teams involved countries as the British media just care about England and wana see goalfests in the other games and its not gna happen, particularly in the 1st games n their enthusiasm decreases when theres not a goal in the 1st 30mins and they harp on about the mexican wave being a bad sign smh

agree ive enjoyed a few of the games they have cussed down but i havnt enjoyed enough games

im old enough to fully remember world cup '94/98/02/06 and this has been the worst one so far

the distinct lack of play makers from all nations and the fact that only a few nations have world class players unlike before where it was a lot more spread out over several nations instead of just spain is the pisstake.

co-sign

The lack of playmakers was my concern coming into this comp

Alot of the teams look well organised and can pass it and keep possession but only a few teams have a players who as Marcel Desailly would say "can make the difference"

Germany who impressed me the most had Ozil playing in the free role and the system worked very well..

Im seeing 4-5-1 but without a playmaker or supporting players getting up to the striker, ive seen alot of isolated strikers so far

@ Darkman, Quaresma is sick mate

Why has he never performed in a top league then?

• Upvote 3

Knew this world cup would TANK when all the playmakers like Nasri/Arfa/Juninho/Diego/Cassano etc were getting left behind.

f*ck*ng coaches just come to defend and play for draws in the opening matches.

sh*t is embarrassing, every team looks the same. Competent passing, organised defending and fit players bar Nigeria :lol:

Need the knock out phases to come round quick.

59% - Cristiano Ronaldo had the worst passing accuracy of any player in the #PRT v #CIV #worldcup match today. Wasteful.

340 - Brazil have made nearly three times as many passes as North Korea (119) in the first half, but the score remains goalless. Censored.

90 - Felipe Melo completed 90 of 98 attempted passes for #BRA v #PRK - more than any other player so far at the #worldcup. Metronomic.

90% - Brazil have completed 90% of their passes in their 2-1 win against North Korea, and attempted 26 shots (10 of which on target).Selecao

7 - Robinho created 7 goalscoring chances for Brazil against North Korea, the most by any player in the finals so far. Creator. #worldcup

530 - Germany completed 530 passes tonight, their best ever total in a World Cup game since 1966. Carousel. #ger #worldcup

566 - Brazil completed 566 passes v North Korea, that's 36 more than any other side in the 2010 World Cup (Germany, 530). Distillery. #bra

Guest Medic

I cnt take this british coverage, really we should get broadcasts from the teams involved countries as the British media just care about England and wana see goalfests in the other games and its not gna happen, particularly in the 1st games n their enthusiasm decreases when theres not a goal in the 1st 30mins and they harp on about the mexican wave being a bad sign smh

agree ive enjoyed a few of the games they have cussed down but i havnt enjoyed enough games

im old enough to fully remember world cup '94/98/02/06 and this has been the worst one so far

the distinct lack of play makers from all nations and the fact that only a few nations have world class players unlike before where it was a lot more spread out over several nations instead of just spain is the pisstake.

co-sign

The lack of playmakers was my concern coming into this comp

Alot of the teams look well organised and can pass it and keep possession but only a few teams have a players who as Marcel Desailly would say "can make the difference"

Germany who impressed me the most had Ozil playing in the free role and the system worked very well..

Im seeing 4-5-1 but without a playmaker or supporting players getting up to the striker, ive seen alot of isolated strikers so far

@ Darkman, Quaresma is sick mate

Why has he never performed in a top league then?

You'd think he would have learned after the first premature move. Quaresma is some next guy, he was rightly excluded from the squad.

VIVA Portugal

We can win this game but I feel our best footballer must start this game Danny has to play from the start yes

you read right I say Danny not Ronaldo because in terms of technique,vision,skill its Danny>>>>>>>>>>>Ronaldo.

Portuguese weakness: RB, CF,Our Coach

Portuguese strenghts: CB, Midfield,Ronaldo,Danny

IC weakness:Barry(worst keeper of the world cup),Toure,the whole defence,Their coach

IC strenghts:Yaya,Gervinho,Drogba,Paulo Ferreira if he is allowed on the pitch,".

It will be a tight game but if Danny plays it will be different due to the fact we will create alot of chances but if not Ronaldo will try and become superman!

Danny played sh*t yesterday, unlucky.