Match Day 5

MrJibbles

Wc has been poor so far for entertainment value.

I remember 98 had a sick opening bunch of games with Spain v Nigeria probably the best, I've still got that game on video somewhere.

Everyone is adopting a disciplined approach and to be honest I don't see it changing as the tournament goes on, even the teams you expect excitement and free spirited football from (African nations, Brazil) have adopted a mote disciplined tactical approach.

Wc has been poor so far for entertainment value.

I remember 98 had a sick opening bunch of games with Spain v Nigeria probably the best, I've still got that game on video somewhere.

Everyone is adopting a disciplined approach and to be honest I don't see it changing as the tournament goes on, even the teams you expect excitement and free spirited football from (African nations, Brazil) have adopted a mote disciplined tactical approach.

Tactically, a different game in '98. Defensive units weren't as good all-round IMO.

Enjoyed both games today, some good possession football played in both games

Ivory Coast impressed me, they went dead when Drogba came on coz hes not as mobile as Gervinho

Quaresma & Joa Moutinho not being in the Portugal squad is a total nonsense

I cnt take this british coverage, really we should get broadcasts from the teams involved countries as the British media just care about England and wana see goalfests in the other games and its not gna happen, particularly in the 1st games n their enthusiasm decreases when theres not a goal in the 1st 30mins and they harp on about the mexican wave being a bad sign smh

• Upvote 1

Ivory Coast impressed me, they went dead when Drogba came on coz hes not as mobile as Gervinho

I cnt take this british coverage, really we should get broadcasts from the teams involved countries as the British media just care about England and wana see goalfests in the other games and its not gna happen, particularly in the 1st games n their enthusiasm decreases when theres not a goal in the 1st 30mins and they harp on about the mexican wave being a bad sign smh

:/

Mudting.

lol he is sh*t

Guest Medic

That Korean bredda crying...

Not because he's so moved by the World Cup, but because he knows his family are going to get tortured if they get raped by Brazil, and even moreso cos he didn't sing the whole anthem.

:/

That Korean bredda crying...

Not because he's so moved by the World Cup, but because he knows his family are going to get tortured if they get raped by Brazil, and even moreso cos he didn't sing the whole anthem.

i can't neg no more so ima reply

you....are 1 f*ck*ng idiot.

• Upvote 1

agree ive enjoyed a few of the games they have cussed down but i havnt enjoyed enough games

im old enough to fully remember world cup '94/98/02/06 and this has been the worst one so far

the distinct lack of play makers from all nations and the fact that only a few nations have world class players unlike before where it was a lot more spread out over several nations instead of just spain is the pisstake.