Street Slang in Schools

Guest Esquilax

Also just read what this report is about

They missed the point which isn''t surprising

Everyone where we live, comes up speaking a certain way. and of course most people know how to switch it up when required to. But unless you take lessons in eloquency, you will never get away from it and be descriminated against on a daily basis without you even clocking.

life is f*cked.

You can become more eloquent by yourself, but it requires effort. It means you make concious effort to read things that challenge you, it also requires the effort of having to look up any words that confuse you.

I'm an immigrant and I didn't really start being able to be eloquent until around year 11. It takes time and a focused effort but it's worth it in the end.

• Upvote 1

thats what the metro said

i aint run my own research or nuffin i dntknow sh*t about the subject

yeh but the metro or any british media WILL say that wont they

when its in fact the gaysurfers and esuifags that can barely speak their own language.

has nothing to do with immigrants when you have whole white scummy towns in the bits with kids who can barely speak properly

• Upvote 1

Everyone where we live, comes up speaking a certain way. and of course most people know how to switch it up when required to. But unless you take lessons in eloquency, you will never get away from it and be descriminated against on a daily basis without you even clocking.

life is f*cked.

You can become more eloquent by yourself, but it requires effort. It means you make concious effort to read things that challenge you, it also requires the effort of having to look up any words that confuse you.

I'm an immigrant and I didn't really start being able to be eloquent until around year 11. It takes time and a focused effort but it's worth it in the end.

I'm talking about accents.

life is f*cked.

I learnt English from middle class teachers rather than my parents/friends so my accent is normal.

life is f*cked.

I learnt English from middle class teachers rather than my parents/friends so my accent is normal.

You don't apply to what I am saying. My points are in reference to this whole thread and the report which we're discussing.

mainly immigrant kids though, but still shocking

BIGGEST PILE OF sh*t ON HERE TODAY.

I came to England at the beginning of year 6. Zero English.

NO HYPE. But I swear down my English SATs results were the third best in the class.

YOU SOUND LIKE A GAY BIG PUN THOUGH DON

life is f*cked.

You don't apply to what I am saying. My points are in reference to this whole thread and the report which we're discussing.

Most teachers are middle class anyway. It's not like I went to any particularly good schools.

Thats why I'm happy my Mum made me read when I was a yout has served me well throughout my whole life

i used to have to read out loud to her every morning before school

in primary school, she had me readin sh*t like the hobbit and the narnia books an bare other books at all 8 in the morning

an she used to make me do book reviews and news article reviews independently of school

my Mum was on it

• Upvote 2

life is f*cked.

Most teachers are middle class anyway. It's not like I went to any particularly good schools.

You're chatting sh*t.

I've just told you teachers around here are not middle class.

The whole thing being discussed here is the way children are allowed to say ''come on blud'' to teachers around here

and my points are in regards to the consequences that has in later life

JAY

your girl loves it when i tell her que tiene unos labios sabrosos

about gay

person i know with the best english is a 19 year old zimbabwean guy whos been in the uk about 10 years

language levels are slipping in schools

in not only english but everything else like french, spanish etc

i found french so boring at school but a second language can be so beneficial. maybe if they spent less time teaching frech grammar and more time teaching you HOW TO SPEAK IT it would be more interesting. look at some foreign students, sometimes their grammar is pretty poor but they speak our language fluently and their own. /rant

on the subject of language teachers

it PISSES ME OFF when they try tell me 2 speak in their accent.

You're f*ckin speakin english in Your spanish accent, why am i obliged to change my accent for Your language? no thank You

/

cosign Skola, speaking the language is far more important, like i'm really gonna do any writing when i go on holiday or get a job as an interpreter just by writing the language.

/ rant.

• Upvote 1

on the subject of language teachers

it PISSES ME OFF when they try tell me 2 speak in their accent.

You're f*ckin speakin english in Your spanish accent, why am i obliged to change my accent for Your language? no thank You

/

cosign Skola, speaking the language is far more important, like i'm really gonna do any writing when i go on holiday or get a job as an interpreter just by writing the language.

/ rant.

exactly. been on holiday in france twice and thought sh*t i wish i could speak more french.

SPEAK being the key word!!!

C/S The making an effort on eloquence

When i was young my mum made me do word searches, those big jumbo font ones, and cos eash page was basically 15 ways to say the same thing i learnt how to mix up words at my free will.

In this age of MSN and texting/I.M. it is only going to get worse as people mix those words and phrases in with english.

Currently learning Ewe and Twi at the mo.

Going to try my hand at a European language soon aswell, will do wonders for my job prospects.

lol these kids are f*cked these days.

back in my day i remember we used to have a bit of slang, but it never went as far as replacing actual english lol.

Yep.

The social and work situations that meant that you could easily swap between the two has gone with this next generation.

A lot of them have learned too late though.

Guest WAVESURFER

lol @ everyones mum making them read dictionaries therefore you are all now literary bawses

f*ck off

TRUSS ESPECIALLY WHEN MOST ARE MAKING SPELLING MISTAKES IN THERE POSTS.

JOKE TENG.

c/s these guys.

Half the cunts acting like they're intellectual powerhouses can barely string a sentence together.

• Downvote 1