World Cup Bids 2018-2022

MrJibbles

I think them throwing up the "Eastern Europe has had zero World Cups" is the gimmick chip, Blatter wants to take the World Cup all over the world and into new territories. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they took it.

The one video with the woman (attractive of course) showing the stadiums, food etc just seemed like something you would see on a major airline, not sure if anyone else got that feel. The last video made me cringe in parts but they did a good job, has to come down to England v Russia for 2018, the 2022 prob Qatar or Australia and America.

What does make me wonder how many white elephant stadiums will be left by certain nations.

What time is the winner gonna be annouced

/

If we dont win 2018 or at least make the final and its in England our team should just pack it in

But by that time Welbeck, Whilstshire, Sturridge, Gibbs, Rodwell, Cleverley, Josh Mcheran(sp) and co will all be in their prime hopefully if they keep up their development

• Downvote 1

Well they start the build up from 2:30 goes on until 3:30

11.58am: Differing opinions on Russia's bid below the line. Ponsman writes:

Our presentation was easily the best one - the Russian bid had no angle apart from, "We are a big country," "We've suffered lots of disasters," "Lets make history," blah blah blah.

It would be a disgrace if we are not chosen - FIFA purport football to be a global game - our country is the best example there is of a tolerant, multi-ethnic nation in which people live together in relative harmony.

Yazoo reckons Russia's case is a strong one though:

I think Russia will get it, due to it having such a massive potential market for football and being an emerging football nation... Which after South Africa, is not such a bad thing. I also think that it certainly has the financial backing to have the stadia in place without massive debt (unlike Spain and Portugal).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/01/world-cup-2018-2022-zurich

dunno how they can send the world cup to russia when dark coloured peoples were advised to limit their travel at the last champion's league final they hosted

england is the best candidate imo; would rather see it in holland than russia

russia have a black mayor in a city though. i was thinking they would roll him out

i prefer they allow the whole racism talk and just pitch their bids, cos all the countries bidding for the games all have their own serious cultural issues of racism.

England is most probably the best and safest to go for any football fan, imagine world cup in Spain even more in Russia ? all Africans fans the treatment in which they would receive...im sure it must have crossed fifa minds

Russia presentation was good, lol @ beaches in russia.

1.59pm:

Paul Doyle has been scouring the best of the international press for pointers:

Bad tidings for England from Russian newspaper Izvestia. They reckon they know how the voting will pan out. The Low Countries will be dumped out in the first round, then in the next the Iberian bid will get eight votes while England and Russia will get seven each. Sepp Blatter will then have the casting vote and he'll give it to Russia, who will then beat Iberia in a run-off, apparently.