Hacking PS3 Thread

HangTheDJ

Online is still workingi believe, i dont think everyone got that TOS message yet. But i wouldnt play online if I only had 1 console because i can see sony going nuts with bans soon. They were watching everyones psn logs(or lack of) since the cfw came out anyway. Id say stick to offine or at least dont mod/hack games.

beg someone link me to a guide or something, I've been looking but no luck.

multiman is loading the covers of the games I've DL'd but when I try open them it black screens for 5 secs then returns to the xmb....

*edit* snes roms work fine. :unsure:

If it's showing the covers then it must of found the games

When you select it, it should come up with a text saying its unsafe to boot do you want to continue, click NO so that you return to the PS3 home screen

Then scroll up to where an original game disc would show, this should be now replaced with whatever you selected (even though you have fifa 11 in the drive or whatever)

You MUST have an original game in the drive.

If your trying to launch games you split and then put on your external HDD, the procedure is a little different but try the above first.

• Upvote 1

Try use a different backup manager, use Rogero Manager 8.0 which I have no problems with

same sh*t.

pissed.

Best to reinstall the official 3.55 firmware then retry?

geohot or mneaw? Does it matter that I have a phat 60gb?

Can you tell i'm frustrated :lol:

*edit* not no mo' works.

safe you man!

I think Geohot was like the first person to hack it/install homebrew then gave way to all these other guys like kmeaw, waninkoko etc

The only ones which are mostly used are Kmeaw and Waninkoko but Waninkoko works on specific models and bricks others while Kmeaw works with every model i believe.

someone bring me been tryna red through this thread and get baffed...why people talking about getting a broken second hand PS3?

I guess all the games get loaded to the hard drive, I've got the 60gb and will need a new hard drive...PS3 only use internal hard drives still or can we use an external one?

an someone come with some step by step guide to do it safe

If your currently playing online then it means you updated to 3.56

theres no jailbreak for 3.56 at the moment so you going to have to wait untill someone finds out and releases it

if your not on 3.56 and on anything lower then its pretty easy to do

What version are you on?

you could do both

you can borrow legit bluray games from a friend then copy it to your ps3 hard drive

or download a game online slap it on a external hard drive, plug the external hard drive via usb into the Ps3 and play directly from the external hard drive

If your currently playing online then it means you updated to 3.56

theres no jailbreak for 3.56 at the moment so you going to have to wait untill someone finds out and releases it

if your not on 3.56 and on anything lower then its pretty easy to do

What version are you on?

pretty sure I'm on 3.56 but I'll confirm when I get home.

Ahh that's big that I can download games and put them on an external hard drive

When using a legit copy of game (friends / love film) etc I take it you copy the game to the PS3 hard drive?

But if your on 3.56 you can't do any of it, there's no jailbreak for it yet

Sony are so sly that if your on 3.56 and try do system restore which usually let's you restore your PS3 to factory settings which would set your PS3 to the first day you got it on some old version then you could have updated to 3.55 original then install the jailbreak 3.55

Instead it restores to 3.56 lol