Hacking PS3 Thread

HangTheDJ

Looks decent. However my PS3 as powerful as it was how now died after all the times I revived it. Either gonna wait for BF3 and FIFA12 and cop a new Slim or tempted to just go and buy a Slim 360.

just get the 360

im converting when the new season starts

new seaosn = new fifa12 new COD

That you moving over Reams? What's Reziw saying about that lol. My PS3 came back to life yesterday, keeps soldiering on. Deffo wanna get a new Slim PS3 at some point but rumours of a price drop I wanna wait for. Debatable wether to get a 360 or not, don't fancy using the control pads on it. Seen a 250gb Slim 360 sell on eBay for £112 few days ago and last night same model went with Kinect for £140.

yeerrr rez is on it as well

ps3 dnt have that community no more

like you, the only thing whats put me off is having to adapt to xbox pad, my reaction time is gonna be so sh*t

Yea I have been torn what to do now. Discussing this in work today and everyones saying just buy a PS3 again. Most of them are PS3 Owners anyways and the ones who are XBox owners say they want to get a PS3 now instead. XBox kinda worries me aswell with how well built it is as every review I see of people praising how good a console it is they always finish with a comment like "Hopefully this one wont break now like my previous one did 3 times".

Paying for online gaming is still a drag aswell though but the community especially on here now seems more an XBox thing.

Xbox pad >>> PS3 pad

Unless playing fighting games

Depends what you are use to I guess.

IMO PS3 >> XBox

Always think of the XBox pad as being a Dreamcast type controller. Also I use the D-Pad when playing Football sims which is the most game I play. And I prefer my Right Analog and Left Analog stick to be in a straight line with each other. And the R2 and L2 trigger buttons on the XBox controller are a big offput to me, deffinately like the Dreamcast ones.

Xbox pad >>> PS3 pad

Unless playing fighting games

Depends what you are use to I guess.

IMO PS3 >> XBox

Always think of the XBox pad as being a Dreamcast type controller. Also I use the D-Pad when playing Football sims which is the most game I play. And I prefer my Right Analog and Left Analog stick to be in a straight line with each other. And the R2 and L2 trigger buttons on the XBox controller are a big offput to me, deffinately like the Dreamcast ones.

u no this, when i playing fifa i dnt use analogue

and on xbox for COD shoot is R2 basically <_<

Yea decided am just gonna stick with what I know and get a new PS3. Thought hard about it and can't really come up with enough Pro's over Con's with why to get a 360 besides the fact it's a lot cheaper and seems a lil livelier on here. Just had one on eBay I was watching, 250gb Elite Slim with 2 pads sell for £128, 3 Months old and guy lived near me but I decided to pass up on it in the end. Wouldn't rule out getting one in the future but I need a PS3 back in my life, more powerful, better pad for me and the online was always good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I need a PS3 back in my life, more powerful

Triangle Setup

Xbox 360 - 500 Million Triangles/sec

PS3 - 250 Million Triangles/sec

Vertex Texture Fetch

Xbox 360 - 8.0 Billion Texels/sec

PS3 - 4.0 Billion Texels/sec

Pixel Shader Processing with 16 Filtered Texels Per Cycle (Pixel ALU x Clock)

Xbox 360 - 24.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using all 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 20.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 40 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 18.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 36 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

Xbox 360 - 16.0 Billion Pixels/sec (using 32 of the 48 Unified Pipelines)

PS3 - 16.0 Billion Pixels/sec

Multisampled Fill Rate

Xbox 360 - 16.0 Billion Samples/sec (8 ROPS x 4 Samples x 500MHz)

PS3 - 8.0 Billion Samples/sec (8 ROPS x 2 Samples x 500MHz)

Frame Buffer Bandwidth

Xbox 360 - 256.0 GB/sec (dedicated for frame buffer rendering)

PS3 - 20.8 GB/sec (shared with other graphics data: textures and vertices)

PS3 - 10.8 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for textures and vertices)

PS3 - 8.4 GB/sec (with 12.4 GB/sec subtracted for textures and vertices)

Texture/Vertex Memory Bandwidth

Xbox 360 - 22.4 GB/sec (shared with CPU)

Xbox 360 - 14.4 GB/sec (with 8.0 GB/sec subtracted for CPU)

Xbox 360 - 12.4 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for CPU)

PS3 - 20.8 GB/sec (shared with frame buffer)

PS3 - 10.8 GB/sec (with 10.0 GB/sec subtracted for frame buffer)

PS3 - 8.4 GB/sec (with 12.4 GB/sec subtracted for frame buffer)

Forgetting Blu Ray & Bluetooth, Xbox shits all over the PS3 in terms of hardware.

battlefield now too.

We can’t say much about it right now, but I just received word that there is a VERY good chance that all the games coming this holiday season and pre-existing unplayable games will soon be playable on CFW PS3s!