Lex Luger

Mr. Gayle

You honestly don't see the difference?

As much as Neptunes had a signature style there arrangement of their tunes and composition of their melodies varied, Chad and Pharell are skilled musicians who can properly play instruments so it's easier for them to make something sounding fresh whilst still sounding like the Neptunes.

Timbo had a sound but he was skilled enough to have variety within it. 'Can we' by SWV doesn't sound like 'is that your bitch' which doesn't sound like 'Pony'.

it's bait Lex Luger loads up the same Fruity file with the sounds pre loaded. Same Bass, same drums, same strings, same everything and on top of that he isn't skilled enough musically to utilise these same sounds to make something that sounds different.

well said.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Supreme Allah

(from 1.21) full ting is on their mixtape if youd like that, cnt find it on youtube

i like them Lex where like at the end of the bar he puts 3 kicks kinda out of tune, i dont know how to explain, but yea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On the criticism that all his beats sound the same

“It is [true], in a way. But every interview I do, I try to tell them that it’s a lot more than that [‘B.M.F.’ sound]. When I’m sending out 40 beats a day to one artist, out of those 40 he might pick two just because they sound like ‘B.M.F.’ or ‘Hard In The Paint,’ and he feels like that’s his hit. I think that’s a big problem in music right now. Everybody is like, ‘Oh, he’s hot right now. I’m going to try and get something that sounds like him.’ And that’s what I feel like a lot of artists did to me because Waka was really the biggest thing at one time. So they wanted that ‘Hard In The Paint’ sound. And I was just the man behind that, so they reached out to me. So when I sent them other types of music, they were like ‘What is this?’ I want ‘B.M.F.’ or ‘Hard In The Paint. Don’t send me this.’ So what I try to do now is, I try and hold the ‘B.M.F.’ and ‘Hard In The Paint’ sound to myself. I won’t send that out. I’ll send the pop music or the R&B out to the major artists so they have to do it.”

“But certain artists just want ‘Hard In The Paint’ and ‘B.M.F.’ The thing that kills me is it’s the big artists that have five and six albums already out, asking me for what I made a year ago. I was at the airport, someone was calling me, and I didn’t know who it was, so I picked it up like, ‘Yeah, what’s up? This is Lex Luger.’ And they was like, ‘Yeah, this is Chingy.’ I was like, ‘Who? Chingy?’ I couldn’t believe that man. [Laughs.] He called me like, ‘I need some beats man. I want to go back in.’ And I wasn’t like, ‘Nah. Chingy, I don’t want to work with you.’ I was like, ‘Alright, cool.’ He was like, ‘I want that ‘Hard In The Paint.’ Give me something just like ‘Hard In The Paint.’’ I was like, ‘Bruh, I can’t do it.’ A lot of people like that call me though. I get that all the time. Busta Rhymes called me the other day. Sean Garrett said he wanted a hit for the club. They’ll call me and be like, ‘I need that hit to bring me back.’”