Bank Holiday Week 34 / CL Semis

Guest FA23

I duno about that tbhi think wenger is starting to realise this making do with so and so is such a parWiltshere is a promising prospectBUT watching him post Bolton, his reply to comments made me think hes more open to opinions than previously beforeive heard him make comments about Jack the lad all season like "take it step by step" type barsthe second season can always be more testing, playing too much could be a problem etc etcI just think them "what ur asking me to do is kill Johan Djouriou" barsis starting to catch up with him mentallymaybe making him see a different way to the current regime espeshin the light of El Captains/ex players comments who knows i learnt to except along time ago that Wenger will always leave me :D with transfer/tactical descsions sometimes turning to :D but in recent times :D

Apparently, United have dropped more points from winning positions in matches than Arsenal.
stats can be misleading, they drew allot away from home, but they never lost at old trafford and drawn like oncewhile something like 56percent of goals arsenal conceded was from set pieces speaks volumes

Apparently, United have dropped more points from winning positions in matches than Arsenal.
stats can be misleading, they drew allot away from home, but they never lost at old trafford and drawn like oncewhile something like 56percent of goals arsenal conceded was from set pieces speaks volumes
That was the sentiment of my point./Like I told TF, Song is an average defensive midfielder. Good player, but he still lack the qualities of a top class anchorman. Too rash for my liking.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For the record, this 'we don't shoot outside of the box enough' talk is a myth.IIRC, I think we're amongst the teams that have the highest shots on goal ratio & the most on target to.The main problem is we aren't direct enough in the final third & being direct in the final third doesn't necessarily mean just shooting, but also playing faster balls behind the defence or stretching the defence fast enough.Bar Walcott, there aren't enough productive 'outlets' for Arsenal so what happens IMO is a lot of frivolous passing happens in front of goal.

thats why i dont rely on statswe dont shoot enoughnot talking about 30 yard shotsjust outside the box and inside the box, when there is a clear shot on goal we pass way more than most team in this leaguethat must come from coaching

• Upvote 1

were sh*t at defending.going forward weve scored more than enough goals this season to win sh*t.how are you gonna score 2 against west brom and still lose/draw.how are you gonna score 4 against newcastle and still draw.2 against spurs and still lose. etc.need to sort out the back, going forward were one of the best in the league.

We're a myth, attacking wise.Fabregas doesn't have the athletecism (sp.) to function as a attacking midfielder in this league, man needs to go back into the CM position.Need another direct, hug-the-touchline winger & a striker, although I hope Vela gets his chance & we play to his strengths.

Djourou is not first team quality we cant go into next year without getting another center back.
lolwut Djourou has been one of our best/most consistent performers this season talking like Vermaelen weren't making a good few mistakes last season getting caught out of position although most of these were due to him covering other peoples mistakes in front of him. We do need a new CB though. Still all of our defenders deserve a bit of a break (except individual errors) because defence in our midfield is often non-existant regardless of whether Song is playing

Talent is all there. Responsibility is not there at all, bar Song I don't see anyone in that team that can really switch from attacking mode to defensive at all.
Not convinced with the talent side of things, RVP, Cesc, Nasri, Sagna are the stand out players but bar that, how many including those 4 i mentioned would start at top 4 clubs in the major european leagues?Don't get me wrong we have very good / decent / players with potential but how many have had better seasons than Toite, Barton, Nolan, Bent, Jarvis, Adam, Carroll, Holden, VDV, Modric, Phil Neville, Mulumbu & Ben Watson...Im sure those respective managers wudnt swap some of their players for ours..
Song is NOT defensive at all. He's not good attacking either he's just an extra body in the middle. Djourou is not first team quality we cant go into next year without getting another center back.
Song is defensive, he does well in there, give the boy credit, iI dnt think he's Arsenal starting 11 quality nor am i his biggest fan but he does put in defensive shift.Djourou was the saviour a month ago, when he got inj at OT he had neva been on the losing side in the league this season, hes recently come back so let's not get too carried away..Cant see any CB's coming in, he will have to sell 1 and that would be squid, even then I cant see Djourou wanting to be 3rd choice and Kos 4th behind the new CB

Loosing Verminator was such a big no no when u think we also lost Gallas and even worse Toure in recent yearsVermarlen was on his way to becoming world class and processing rapidly at adapting to the English game Not playing this year and then not replacing him in jan was a mind f*ck i think if he stayed he would prob have become our captain, but now giving some of his interviews and given our luck with injuriescan see this not only putting a halt to his process but also effecting his character on the pitch

the thing with arsenal is the way they play has no end product and their "passing game" is very over-rated. Arsenal can only kill a team with their passing when a game is open/stretched. but when a team sets up for the draw and just says f*ck this, two banks of four, penetrate us. Arsenal have no idea what to do and just pass the ball in front of them when they need to get in behind. Added to this they have nobody who's actually a threat in the air and refuse to shoot from outside the box. its no wonder they cant win games and as mentioned before, having defenders who arent physically strong and cant head is a recipe for disaster. Especially when your midfield is usually full of fairies as well. This is England you need to be able to mix it with the Diames and Tiotes of this world
Most of this is true but not all.Can't stress this enough.To the person saying we've been scoring enough to win sh*t:Man City HomeMan U AwayChelsea AwayLiverpool Home and AwayBlackburn HomeNewcastle HomeOff the top of my head, we hardly looked like scoring in all of those apart from against Man City. In the 1st half v City we missed a couple sitters/Joe Hart did well but the 2nd half was more like the other matches; enough of the ball to be making it count but we don't.Ironically we scored in some of those games but they were fortunate/isolated incidents.We need to improve in both ends of the pitch, Barcelona alone should have taught us that.

Need another direct, hug-the-touchline winger & a striker, although I hope Vela gets his chance & we play to his strengths.
What would you have wenger do to accommodate Vela?
Our current tactics dictates that more often than not, the striker has to constantly drop deep. One of the reasons Eduardo was phased out. Tweak those tactics, play a lil' more direct so you can afford to have your main CF play on the last shoulder which suits Vela.Said it before, I'll say it again, the difference in actual talent between Vela & Hernandez isn't that wide but United play in a way that suits Hernandez so much more & I think you put Vela in that United team, he'd score the same amount of goals. Maybe not as crucial but definitely a similar amount.

Arsenal need another full back as well, Sagnas and Clichys crossing is horrible they offer nothing attacking wise.
Not the biggest problem when we have no one to even cross to if RVP's playing
Yeah i hear you, buts its not just the crossing aspect that there poor in, i rarely see the likes of Evra Cole Alves cross the ball yet they offer so much going forward, with Sagna and Clichy you basically have two left backs who don't really do nothing attacking wise apart from misplace crosses into the box(especially Sagna), to be honest if i was Wenger i would let Clichy go and sign a more accomplished fullback both defensively and attack wise.Also i feel there is extra importance to be placed on your fullbacks because you don't play with traditional wingers.

We're a myth, attacking wise.Fabregas doesn't have the athletecism (sp.) attributes to function as a attacking midfielder, man needs to go back into the CM position.Need another direct, hug-the-touchline winger & a striker
Talent is all there. Responsibility is not there at all, bar Song I don't see anyone in that team that can really switch from attacking mode to defensive at all.
Not convinced with the talent side of things
C/s Carlos Slim Helu, one of our fullbacks needs to be a much more productive outlet. Would add a dynamic we haven't had since Cashley.. Our moves peter out when either of them get the ball in the final 1/3 way too often and it's not like they try to mix it up like Eboue.

Arsenal need another full back as well, Sagnas and Clichys crossing is horrible they offer nothing attacking wise.
Yeah i hear you, buts its not just the crossing aspect that there poor in, i rarely see the likes of Evra Cole Alves cross the ball yet they offer so much going forward, with Sagna and Clichy you basically have two left backs who don't really do nothing attacking wise apart from misplace crosses into the box(especially Sagna), to be honest if i was Wenger i would let Clichy go and sign a more accomplished fullback both defensively and attack wise.Also i feel there is extra importance to be placed on your fullbacks because you don't play with traditional wingers.
evras crossing is awful tbh

evras crossing is awful tbh
Thats why he doesn't cross the ball, he makes overlapping runs into the box ala Alves attacking wise he is he best left back in the league.