VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

Oscars

Best picture

War Horse, Artist, Moneyball, Descendants, Tree of Life, Midnight in Paris, The Help, Hugo, Extremely Loud

Original screenplay

The Artist, Bridesmaids, Midnight in Paris, Margin Call, A Separation

Adapted screenplay

Payne, Hugo, Ides of March, Moneyball, Tinker

Director: Hazanavicius, Payne, Scorsese, Allen, Mallick

Actor

Clooney, Bichir, Dujardin, Oldman, Pitt

Actress,

Close, Davies, Mara, Streep, Williams

Supporting actor Branangh Nolte, Hill, Plummer. Von Sydow

Supporting Actress. Bejo. Chastian, McCarthy, McTeer, Spencer.

Clooney is in an Oscar bait film as is Streep, the Yanks love these British films bout figures in power or the monarchy. Would like to see Oldman win though just a nice little surprise.

As is Extremely Loud (not getting the best of reviews).

Glad to see Woody Allen up there.

Said it before but The Artist will take a fair few awards.

Drive not eligible?

It's only up for Best Sound Editing

Not even best cinematography or art direction, f*ck even director! I know you aren't the biggest fan of the film but even you got to admit thats a stinker.

For me I thought The Tree Of Life was a pretentious film I really couldn't enjoy. Tried far too hard.

Well done to Jonah Hill on his.

Drive not eligible?

It's only up for Best Sound Editing

Not even best cinematography or art direction, f*ck even director! I know you aren't the biggest fan of the film but even you got to admit thats a stinker.

For me I thought The Tree Of Life was a pretentious film I really couldn't enjoy. Tried far too hard.

Well done to Jonah Hill on his.

Please don't mention Tree of Life, what a load of pretentious bollocks.

NEVER will I look at science-fiction films the way I use to after last nights lecture my goodness! He dove deep into the aspect of not wanting sex and how when a male is the creator of something monstrous it is dangerous, using Frankenstein as the example and wanting to play God. If anyone is up for an extremely long watch and you may have to get stoned for the first one as our lecturer said then try the films by Soviet director Andrei Tarkovsky. The first one was remade with George Clooney, which I haven't seen but having done a quick read up on his stuff its pretty out there, uses a lot of long cuts, so paying attention and being in the right frame of mind is key, some scenes are pretty intense.