Gerrards biggest regret

The Somalian

Cesc has been at Barca for 1 season for christ sakes, and even then its not like he's gonna go to the euro's empty handed.

Henry left and won things,

Torres has been at Chelsea for a season and a half and has a FA Cup and Champions league medal on his mantle piece,

harly crying about not living and plying his trade on Merseyside is he? i mea lets face it, if he was still there, he may of added a carling cup and possibly a fa cup medal to his collection, but those would probably of been robbed in no time anyway.

long story short, the options you chose to use as examples weren't fantastic, as all those players ended up with m,ore than they would've had the stayed where they were.

and so would Gerrard if he had gone to Chelsea.

It isn't as simple as saying 'so and so has a medal' because a lot of players need to feel like they've earned it.

Roy Keane said that his CL medal didn't really mean much to him because he missed the final despite playing a big part in getting them there.

Torres has got two medals but it was only a matter of hours after the CL he made it known he was unhappy at how little he'd contributed which speaks volumes to me.

something along the lines of 1, he would've won everything available to him, but wouldn't have had the best time form wise.

or 2, he would have achieved nothing, or very little, (not that i see a difference in that opposed to whats actually happend)

or 3, I'm a liverpool fan, Gerrard's my idol and its poposturous to say he should've left and even really wanted to. and anyway, any old run of the mill champions legue group stage night at Anfield means more than Chelsea winning the bloody thing, laa.

It isn't as simple as saying 'so and so has a medal' because a lot of players need to feel like they've earned it.

Roy Keane said that his CL medal didn't really mean much to him because he missed the final despite playing a big part in getting them there.

Torres has got two medals but it was only a matter of hours after the CL he made it known he was unhappy at how little he'd contributed which speaks volumes to me.

Roy Keane says the CL medal is in a draw somewhere, and yes it didn't mean as much because he didn't play in the final,

but something else he also said after every successfull season was that all the achievements from previous seasons meant nothing as if they walked away from the current season with nothing, they'd be anybodies again.

in short, Roy Keane was that type of person who never gave himself any credit and never stopped to look at anything he achieved, as far as footballers go he was abnormal.

in short i doubt he has any awards or medals on his mantel piece

Think about it properly then consider RVP,Modric on a lower level fab/a.cole then compare them to a player like Raul whi always knew for life greatness will come to his club it will then make sense gerrard is not a mercenary like Tevez, mascarano,kun, crespo, veron them dirty args. Falklands is ours

Roy Keane says the CL medal is in a draw somewhere, and yes it didn't mean as much because he didn't play in the final,

but something else he also said after every successfull season was that all the achievements from previous seasons meant nothing as if they walked away from the current season with nothing, they'd be anybodies again.

in short, Roy Keane was that type of person who never gave himself any credit and never stopped to look at anything he achieved, as far as footballers go he was abnormal.

in short i doubt he has any awards or medals on his mantel piece

I'd agree about Keane but if Torres really felt happy with his medals there is no way he'd be blabbing to Balague about how disappointed he was hours after his team had just won the biggest trophy in club football.

Compare Torres' reaction to Medalthief who was happy to talk as if he significantly contributed to you lot winning the league and I think it's clear that for some players they need to feel like they contributed and some just care about the medal.

you think Torres would be happier in 8th place at Liverpool? in a team in dissaray and on a downward curve?

he's not in a perfect or even really good place, but i reckon he's still pretty happy he moved when he did.

the fact is he would never say it was a bad move,

Torres' talking "out of place" was a political move, Drogba's on the w2ay out, his form is picking up, and before Chelsea go and sign (insert big name strikers name here) he wants to stake a claim to be given the push from the start of next season.

I don't think we'd be in 8th place had he stayed.

He left to win medals and he's got them but it's clear he doesn't feel he won them, it's a similar situation to Hleb who went to Barca and won the treble in his first season but later said that leaving Arsenal was a mistake.

I don't think we'd be in 8th place had he stayed.

He left to win medals and he's got them but it's clear he doesn't feel he won them, it's a similar situation to Hleb who went to Barca and won the treble in his first season but later said that leaving Arsenal was a mistake.

Hleb was unique cos he admitted it... Many wouldn't.

The main Arsenal jump shippers are all mainly cunts that because it was Arsenal, there intentions where questioned as being more money related than honour related. Granted they have won honours and Arsenal haven't, but the same way you could argue you wouldnt have been 8th if he'd stayed, I could argue we wouldn't have gone 7 years without a trophy if they all stayed.

This is why I had deleted posts becuase as much as I could suggest things would be different if they stayed, its hard to argue with actual fact... Infact you can't.

Cole has a Champions League medal, he got all his honours infact, it was a great move for him. However he would be a Arsenal captain and legend. He might have still got the additional honour with us, he could have even lifted them first for us, but if we stayed at Highbury he'd be lucky to be on 60k and clearly that wasn't enough for him. Thats why this honours and ambition thing is a bit of a myth for me at times.

• Upvote 1

Most of that current crop that have left Arsenal are responsible for our trophy drought, so their 'talent' doesn't come into question. The majority have left to be SQUAD players, rotated, taking medals. Great stuff.

As you named, Ashley Cole is the exception. The rest, went from first team regulars to squad players. I'm glad they had trophies, but not all were big contributors to bringing home glory.

/

Gerrard isn't missing anything. He's a GOD @ Liverpool, he would've been SQUAD at Chelsea.