Samsung Must Pay Apple $1bn

Kurtis

They better not tweak the software on the S3. I will avoid updating the software if it means I will lose my pinch to zoom and alike.

custom rom FTW

saying that i havent accepted any system updates since i got the thing...have to hit later every 3 hours

Still cant believe I uninstalled flash player and cant get it back

lmao

wtf is that about?

Still cant believe I uninstalled flash player and cant get it back

lmao

wtf is that about?

Samsung said they will no longer be using flash player and removed it from the app store

One of the main things people even choose the s3 for over an iphone

It was like 5 am I just woke up read the article on bbc news some reason I uninstalled, woke up fully and thought f*ck

Tried to get it back couldnt

No iplayer/radio stations etc

klkl

i actually hope the iphone 5 flops

\

if i uninstall flash player i can't get it back?

sheeeet

The iphone 5 could be caked in faeces and it would still be a hit.

true people are die hards and its marketed very well iphones have never been the best thing but they look "cool" so people want

Several also noted that some other apps, including the BBC's iPlayer for Android, also request that Flash Player be installed.

The BBC said it was working on an update.

"The BBC is working with Adobe on an alternative video player for Android, ensuring audiences with Android devices continue to enjoy BBC iPlayer," said Daniel Danker, general manager of On-Demand at the BBC.

"We do have concerns about fragmentation of Android devices and new updates to the Android platform, which have created an inconsistent video playback experience for our audience, and we are working with Google to find ways to address this."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19267140

Apple being knobs in a big way and Americans being blindly patriotic, not that surprising really.

How can you be getting patents for rounded corners, the 'rubber band effect' on scrolling menus and the way square icons are laid out? It's an absolute joke. The fact this court upheld these patents but the infringements Samsung accused Apple of that were actually based on technological hardware were dismissed tells you all you need to know about this joke of a decision.

It's no secret Americans are blindly patriotic so ruling in favour of a Korean company in a case of this size wasn't likely to happen, this is a way of underlining the notion that America are the innovators, these Asian companies just make cheap knock offs and America is the greatest nation blah blah blah

The Iphone was revolutionary in the phone market in the same way the ipod was revolutionary in the mp3 player market - not actually that revolutionary technologically but more about slick presentation and marketing. Don't get me wrong Apple have played a part in the advancement of mobile technology but more so than all the companies and brands that came before them? No. Remember these man are relatively new to the mobile phone industry.

These guys act as if they were the first people to make a touch screen device with large icons ffs, the LG Prada came out before the Iphone and won numerous awards. LG considered suing Apple for infringing on their design but didn't. That's how the tech world works, someone makes something and then the competitors rehash it to try and improve it.

We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.

Straight from the mouth of the man that Apple fanboys worship, their whole steez comes straight from Dieter Rams and these pricks are talking about patenting rounded corners? sh*t's disgusting.

I'm typing this on a Macbook Pro but f*ck Apple, I honestly hope this sparks a backlash and people start to see that everything these pricks release isn't automatically the best in it's field. Where there's an equivalent to an Apple product by a competitor I know which one I'm choosing.

• Upvote 1

I'm typing this on a Macbook Pro but f*ck Apple, I honestly hope this sparks a backlash and people start to see that everything these pricks release isn't automatically the best in it's field. Where there's an equivalent to an Apple product by a competitor I know which one I'm choosing.

lol

lol

lol I learnt how to do video editing on Final Cut so I opted for a macbook, still got a PC as well.