Samsung Must Pay Apple $1bn

Kurtis

and i aint even anti apple, or anti anything, i have a macbook pro, iphone, used to own an iPod and i bought my sister an iPad for her birthday

but i also have an android phone, blackberry, a windows PC and laptop

so i can look from all sides, apple are just taking the f*ckin piss

how can you own a patent on a picture bouncing when it hits the edge of the screen?

Corporate greed captialising on the cult image they have manged to cultivate.

They know they have the power of "the sheep" "public" who for some who almost worship

Apple since its ipod revolution bounce back.

[media=]

[/media]

From when they have this type of customer allegiance, they are beyond cocky filing out such lawsuits. Feeding off there own gas.

The only reason people have iPhones is because its a no-frills device that allows you to plug your device into a pc and Itunes automatically loads up/the ability to transfer pictures.

With an android phone fresh out of the box, you need to go into settings and enable usb debugging and enable installation of non market application to make your device talk to your pc. Having said this I find it interesting that you can fully customize your android based phone just by installing ROMs via Odin and even create your own ROM, even better when you brick your phone whilst using Odin, then using JTAG to repair it.

The only good thing about the iPhone is the craftmanship. The internal assemble has to be one of the best on modern phones (instead of using T4/T5/T6 screws they went and coined up a new screwhead altogether)

The Apple v. Samsung patent war that will seemingly never end has taken another turn today, as Apple is asking the court to add newer Samsung Galaxy hardware, including the Galaxy S III, Verizon Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1 to its complaint against the Galaxy Nexus and other related devices. If you thought updated software and designs would keep these newer smartphones and tablets out of the fight -- you were wrong. Just to help you keep things straight, remember this is a separate case from the one that ended exactly a week ago with a decision in Apple's favor to the tune of more than $1 billion in damages.

At issue here are eight of Apple's utility patents that it says Samsung has infringed upon. The headliner patents at issue are '721 which covers slide to unlock, and '604, which could apply to the universal search feature Samsung has been pulling from its phones recently. Another familiar entry is the '647 patent Apple slapped HTC with in 2010, which has a vague description but applies to clicking on a phone number in an email, for example, to call it. You can read the details on each and every one in the PDF linked below, we'll be doing... anything else.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/apple-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-galaxy-note-patent-lawsuit/

sh*t makes me so mad

apple patent f*ck*ng EVERYTHIING

imagine when they were developing packet switched networks (essentially 'the internet') if they had patented it instead of making it open source

world would be a different place

f*ckin

how can they try and patent something like

clicking on a phone number in an email, for example, to call it

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cents-coins.jpg

The funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek stupid f*cking prick play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

PISSTAKE if they really did this...I like Samsung's sense of humour though :lmao::Y:

• Upvote 1

from when apple now thinks it can out litigate everyone, its a sign of a company thats reach its peak.

it will never have the dominance of 4 years ago, it still has changed the game forever, but its now running scared.

samsung can easily hurt them back anyway since they still make parts of the iphone. they should just jack up their charges by 2000%

was considering the iphone but not anymore.

i wonder if steve jobs wldve bothered with all this