Football Manager 2013

The Somalian

End of January 2018.

Top of the table by 2 points.

League acup final against United, psyched.

/

4-2-3-1 isn't built for strikers, I'm convinced. Unless they're targetmen. May need to change formation to better suit Ferrio.

DLF works best with for me I've found

Using one up front the best method I've found is usually a DLF on support, most lone strikers with an attack duty get isolated too far up the pitch with no support close enough to them to help

However using a DLF with an AM an cause conflict as they occupy the same space

C/S the 1st point, the lone striker with a poacher or AF role being isolated

on the 2nd point, I play a DLF and a AM and find they work well together.

Been experimenting with Ben Arfa as DLF and Ferrio as AM, Ben Arfa drops deep dragging the CB with him and Ferrio who is the better finisher runs in behind exploiting the space. Im still tinkering with this though

It's mad how FM has man analysing tactics IRL hard.

Had a 40 min discussion with my housemate about this subject.

Think about it, even IRL, 4-2-3-1 rarely gets the best out of strikers.

The likes of Lewandowski, RVP, Falcao to an extent are exceptions.

I think the Torres/Chelsea, 3 Amigos situation exemplifies this the best.

Well the 4-2-3-1 essentially sacrifices dependency on traditional forwards for the allowance of a number 10 and the ability to retain possession in midfield

Imo Torres has never possesed the all round play, passing ability, creativity or footwork in tight situations to play in a role that traditionally requires the forwad to come deep and open up space, he's always been much better playing off the front, using his pace and athleticism

only in 2016 man. Thats very well done, not usre how you do it so fast though

/

Javi Garcia is in the city reserves and transfer listed, fucking idiot wants too much money

30k appearance fee?!

not including the 120 a week he wants, not including the 160 he wants after one international appearance

Stupid c*nt

I've spent more on wages to get the right players than i should have tbh

I don't have a reserve or youth team. Everything goes towards the first team.

The club is losing money like crazy. Luckily the board injects cash every now and then to help with running costs.

Loaned with an option to buy for 4.2 at the end of the season

Will see how Im getting on in europe and my standing in the league at the end and maybe I'll sign him

Don't sign him, just loan again next season

Dude is not getting back into the 1st team

:lol:

Plus it works out cheaper loaning

Well the 4-2-3-1 essentially sacrifices dependency on traditional forwards for the allowance of a number 10 and the ability to retain possession in midfield

Imo Torres has never possesed the all round play, passing ability, creativity or footwork in tight situations to play in a role that traditionally requires the forwad to come deep and open up space, he's always been much better playing off the front, using his pace and athleticism

Pos

/

Switched Fierro to DLF & he's been playing SICK.

Pos

/

Switched Fierro to DLF & he's been playing SICK.

Good stuff - support role or attacking?

The balance between support/attack/defend roles in the game is very important and is understated by a lot of the users imo