Yuppies out

stacksbranning

alright looked into it

Yuppism... is not definable entirely by income or class. Rather, it is a late-20th-century cultural phenomenon of self-absorbed young professionals, earning good pay, enjoying the cultural attractions of sophisticated urban life and thought, and generally out of touch with, indeed antithetical to, most of the challenges and concerns of a far less well-off and more parochial Middle America. For the yuppie male a well-paying job in law, finance, academia, or consulting in a cultural hub, hip fashion, cool appearance, studied poise, elite education, proper recreation and fitness, and general proximity to liberal-thinking elites, especially of the more rarefied sort in the arts, are the mark of a real man

I dont atch TOWIE, but Im aware of one guy thats on it, Tom Pierce, he was in my class in primary school, I'd say he's one, he got a degree in economics or something if he wasnt diverted to reality TV he prob woulda been one of them professionals.

alright looked into it

Yuppism... is not definable entirely by income or class. Rather, it is a late-20th-century cultural phenomenon of self-absorbed young professionals, earning good pay, enjoying the cultural attractions of sophisticated urban life and thought, and generally out of touch with, indeed antithetical to, most of the challenges and concerns of a far less well-off and more parochial Middle America. For the yuppie male a well-paying job in law, finance, academia, or consulting in a cultural hub, hip fashion, cool appearance, studied poise, elite education, proper recreation and fitness, and general proximity to liberal-thinking elites, especially of the more rarefied sort in the arts, are the mark of a real man

I dont atch TOWIE, but Im aware of one guy thats on it, Tom Pierce, he was in my class in primary school, I'd say he's one, he got a degree in economics or something if he wasnt diverted to reality TV he prob woulda been one of them professionals.

WINNER.

Throw in Kurt too. Infact like I said throw in the idea of these programmes period.

A yuppie isn't dictated by class, its about being out of touch with realities. The whole wine bar thing in the late 80s, when there was pubs way cheaper was because it was highlighting we don't wanna drink wth you poor folk, rather enjoy the company of people who spend more money than sense.

When your changing the high street in poor ethnic areas, guess what your out of touch with that area. Nobody trying to buy that sh*t round here, f*ck off...

Not everybody in Essex has money. The idea of TOWIE is to be out of touch with day to day life, hence why some Essex people hate the programme.

Kirk has a rich dad, who owns a nightclub, which has in effect the same mentality of the 80s wine bars...

Now even if the rest of the cast doesn't come from money, their intention is upward mobility.

Guys that wrote this are referring to the influx of daddy's little girls that can no longer afford to live in Belgravia etc.

Hence Brixton, Clapham etc, is the new spot.

The situation is dire, to the point whereby market traders are having their rent pushed up to unattainable levels to complete the circle.

Guest chap44uns

killed selfridges now im shopping in foxtons?

Half a mill for di tree bed

Still ride wid niggaz dat'll pick it up and beat skengs

catch me in yard ____ lane wid all my jewels on i work ard to do my ting

so when iam back home why would i tuck my chain?

• 2 months later...

Inspired by illusions  comments in the worst  people  in town thread .

Havent really  had  experiences  with  gentrification  apart  from  feedback from cousins,auntys and  uncles living in  brixton but yeah...

Anyone had  their area  gentrified that  stayed  in  said  area , if so did you prefer  it before or afterwards ?

• Downvote 1

Had my locale degentrified (was never a place of genteel tbh)

Used to be a decent working class area, strong Italian community, not many chavs, just working class white and European people, Asians couple Caribs and obviously the odd Africans

Now 3/5 pubs have closed, chicken shops galore, and doosty negroes and asians from further in London have relocated here, the ottoman empire has invaded selling their dead replica Kervans and overpriced furniture shops nobody goes into.

Immigration is only good in moderationI have come to learn, that is real talk.

Couple respactable Asian family to run the corner shop and work in the GP, Turk for the Kebabish, Greek owned mechanics, Jamal the friendly street sweeper, Ghanaian uncle who ships goods abroad, Jewish drycleaners, Italian resteraunt. Good times, worked hard lived decent all said hello on a normal when you saw them, including the majority whites.

Gone :(

Now the local Gregg is closed and bought by Asians, they tried a ting and try make their own sweet shop, it flopped.

Next week I see a table in the shop like its now also a social centre.

Month later I see a counter and kebabs in the windows.

Just want a f*cking gingerbread man.

An the marlis are coming now.

Gotta go man.

Used to be a decent working class area, strong Italian community, not many chavs, just working class white and European people, Asians couple Caribs and obviously the odd Africans

Now 3/5 pubs have closed, chicken shops galore, and doosty negroes and asians from further in London have relocated here, the ottoman empire has invaded selling their dead replica Kervans and overpriced furniture shops nobody goes into.

Couple respactable Asian family to run the corner shop and work in the GP, Turk for the Kebabish, Greek owned mechanics, Jamal the friendly street sweeper, Ghanaian uncle who ships goods abroad, Jewish drycleaners, Italian resteraunt. Good times, worked hard lived decent all said hello on a normal when you saw them, including the majority whites.

Now the local Gregg is closed and bought by Asians, they tried a ting and try make their own sweet shop, it flopped.

Gotta go man.

dont get your point ?

just sounds like an uncle toms incoherent rant 

• Upvote 6

Gotta go man.

dont get your point ?

just sounds like an uncle toms incoherent rant 

his posts are weird still