The International Football Thread

Admin.

Brazil Friendly Squad: 

Goalkeepers: César (QPR). Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (Paris St-Germain), Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafinha (Bayern Munich). Midfielders: Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Ramires (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea). Strikers: Hulk (Zenit), Bernard (Shaktar Donetsk), Willian (Chelsea), Neymar (Barcelona).

3/4 More Brazil based players yet to be announced

Brazil Friendly Squad: 

Goalkeepers: César (QPR). Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (Paris St-Germain), Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafinha (Bayern Munich). Midfielders: Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Ramires (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea). Strikers: Hulk (Zenit), Bernard (Shaktar Donetsk), Willian (Chelsea), Neymar (Barcelona).

3/4 More Brazil based players yet to be announced

Very nice looking team, hopefully will see Rafinha get the RB spot, i like him alot.

Algerian FA trying hard to get Bentaleb in the wc squad.

Him alongside Taider, Brahimi and Feghouli is a nice midfield.

Belfodil and slimani/ghilas up front.

Ghoulam, Belkalem, Abdoun and Halliche could get worked at the back by belgium but still.

We'll qualify 2nd behind belgium.

No Coutinho?

Well, for who they have currently, their playing style/system, etc...who do you shift for him to replace?
In the squad Bernard easily. Not saying he should start, but i would have him as an option.
Bernard is there as a back up wide forward for Neymar & Hulk.

Coutinho isn't a wide forward.

Even someone like Ramires, i mean how many defensive mids do you need?

I know, his box to box but in comparison to Coutinho its his defensive qualities that stand out. I do rate Ramires though, i was initially going to say Paulinho but i remembered out he played in the Confederations cup, and despite his awful form this season it would have been hard to drop him.

But for me Brazil wouldn't go amiss with calling up a number 10, its Brazil for gods sake, even though they want to win they still have to have a bit of their identity, Coutinho is the archetypal number Brazilian number 10, second most gifted Brazilian currently playing after Neymar, would have been decent to have him in the squad at least.

lol, you love over selling liverpool players dont ya

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hardly proving me wrong though are they?

Whats that for Sturridge who i oversold, 8 in the last 8, 1 more than Aguero?

Coutinho is a fantastic talent and i would have said that even if he was at another team, in fact i thought the same when he was at Inter.

If you look at it all the way from Brazil u15s, him and Neymar have always been 1 and 2 in their age groups. His talent is undeniable, if you think me saying he is the most talented Brazilian after Neymar is overselling him then you haven't followed his career.

If you look at it all the way from Brazil u15s, him and Neymar have always been 1 and 2 in their age groups. 

ganso595.jpg

I'm talking about in the Brazil teams, Ganso was always consider a big prospect and his association with Neymar came about from the fact that they both played for Santos.

However Ganso is a good couple years older than Coutinho and Neymar, so he played in different age groups to them.

http://brazil.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/the-potential-and-progress-of-philippe-coutinho.html

This is worth reading.