Quotes of the season

Thizz

Rah.

Listen, I'm not even trying to diss Liverpool like that because I think you've had a great season but you can't call us bottlers after we've just won a trophy beating YOU in the process. Especially after Crystal Palace & Chelsea too.

Like, WOW. That khat is strong you know.

We didn't bottle anything, our form in the first half of the season gave us very little margin for error in the second half and we did incredibly well to even get ourselves involved.

The fact we were even in the title race is testament to the freakish form we showed this calendar year, we won 15 out of 19, drew 3 and lost one since January which included an 11 game winning streak. 

I've seen us being called bottlers here there and everywhere despite the form I've just mentioned and the fact that nobody expected us to win it, funnily I've not seen Chelsea being subjected to the same criticism despite the fact that they were 7 points clear in March and finished 3rd.

What a lot of you lot don't seem to get is that Liverpool fans for the most part aren't disappointed with this season, in fact we've loved every minute of it and are hugely proud of the team.

Bruh, like I said, I think you've had a great season too. However, you can't call one team bottlers when they've won a trophy, beat your own team in the process & TBH, weren't considered to make a title challenge either. End of the day, bottling is when you're at an advantageous position & you let it slip in a high pressure scenario. BOTH teams were in such position but in differing ways. If we bottled it, then so did Liverpool.

There is a difference between losing and bottling it.

Hull were beating you but lost to a better team who were expected to win it, they didn't bottle it. Had you lost it that would have been bottling it like you did against Brum.

We were top of the league but Manchester City who are a better team won it. 

Had we lost the league title on the strength of the Palace game I'd agree with you but it was the Chelsea game that took it out of our hands and that game hinged on a cruel, freak occurrence. What happened at Palace was the result of us throwing a hail mary to try and pus us back in control and epitomised our spirit, and whilst I would agree it was foolish, I would never label it as cowardly which is what underpins bottling it.

Even if we beat Palace would we have won the league :/

I know ur not dumb. Use ur common sense. 11 games on the trot is bottling but u man posting selfies isnt? :/

11 games on the trot only HIGHLIGHTS the bottle job, you know that right? WTF.

How does this even make sense?

If I told you that we were going to win 11 games on the bounce in January you'd have probably proposed a bet for £500 that you'd bitch out of paying. It was an exceptional run that put us in contention, the fact it inevitably came to an end as the result of a freak mistake isn't a sign of bottling it.

Are downplaying that Chelsea defeat to purely a freak occurrence?

And bottling doesn't equate to cowardice. Bottling is being favourites to something be it a match, a title, etc when there is genuine pressure & not coming through.

Let's not pretend that after the City result, that's where you were & with the Chelsea game, Liverpool were the favourites, you had the iniative & you failed. Regardless of how they scored, your general performance didn't merit a victory.

• Upvote 1

Rah.

Listen, I'm not even trying to diss Liverpool like that because I think you've had a great season but you can't call us bottlers after we've just won a trophy beating YOU in the process. Especially after Crystal Palace & Chelsea too.

We didn't bottle anything, our form in the first half of the season gave us very little margin for error in the second half and we did incredibly well to even get ourselves involved.

The fact we were even in the title race is testament to the freakish form we showed this calendar year, we won 15 out of 19, drew 3 and lost one since January which included an 11 game winning streak. 

I've seen us being called bottlers here there and everywhere despite the form I've just mentioned and the fact that nobody expected us to win it, funnily I've not seen Chelsea being subjected to the same criticism despite the fact that they were 7 points clear in March and finished 3rd.

What a lot of you lot don't seem to get is that Liverpool fans for the most part aren't disappointed with this season, in fact we've loved every minute of it and are hugely proud of the team.

Bruh, like I said, I think you've had a great season too. However, you can't call one team bottlers when they've won a trophy, beat your own team in the process & TBH, weren't considered to make a title challenge either. End of the day, bottling is when you're at an advantageous position & you let it slip in a high pressure scenario. BOTH teams were in such position but in differing ways. If we bottled it, then so did Liverpool.

Hull were beating you but lost to a better team who were expected to win it, they didn't bottle it. Had you lost it that would have been bottling it like you did against Brum.

Had we lost the league title on the strength of the Palace game I'd agree with you but it was the Chelsea game that took it out of our hands and that game hinged on a cruel, freak occurrence. What happened at Palace was the result of us throwing a hail mary to try and pus us back in control and epitomised our spirit, and whilst I would agree it was foolish, I would never label it as cowardly which is what underpins bottling it.

The difference is very little today tbh. The fact that you claim Arsenal bottled Birmingham, proves this and tbh Hull did bottle it. I've not spoke on this on here, but another better manager than Bruce, after those 10 minutes, doesn't lose that final.

I've now stopped with the other idiot, please don't take up his role.

Even if we beat Palace would we have won the league :/

I know ur not dumb. Use ur common sense. 11 games on the trot is bottling but u man posting selfies isnt? :/

11 games on the trot only HIGHLIGHTS the bottle job, you know that right? WTF.

How does this even make sense?

If I told you that we were going to win 11 games on the bounce in January you'd have probably proposed a bet for £500 that you'd bitch out of paying. It was an exceptional run that put us in contention, the fact it inevitably came to an end as the result of a freak mistake isn't a sign of bottling it.

SMH.

With 3 games to go, the title was in your hands. Thats bottling. WTF.

• Upvote 1

Are downplaying that Chelsea defeat to purely a freak occurrence?

And bottling doesn't equate to cowardice. Bottling is being favourites to something be it a match, a title, etc when there is genuine pressure & not coming through.

Let's not pretend that after the City result, that's where you were & with the Chelsea game, Liverpool were the favourites, you had the iniative & you failed. Regardless of how they scored, your general performance didn't merit a victory.

To an extent yes I am. Going into that match I felt the fact that the onus was on Chelsea to score was hugely important,he goal changed the dynamic of it and put Mourinho back in his comfort zone which is a terrible place to be.

I've spoken about this in some length in a few topics so I don't want to go over it again. 

We've got very different ideas of what bottling is.

Gerrard miscontrolling a ball isn't a cruel freak occurrence.

aguably you could say its the definition of choking and losing his bottler. Especilly when its happened so many different times...

nah the oxford dictionary made the definition of choking and bottler when u lost ur ONLY CL final after scoring first

To an extent yes I am. Going into that match I felt the fact that the onus was on Chelsea to score was hugely important,he goal changed the dynamic of it and put Mourinho back in his comfort zone which is a terrible place to be.

I've spoken about this in some length in a few topics so I don't want to go over it again. 

We've got very different ideas of what bottling is.

Just so I am clear, what is bottling please? As you mentioned Arsenal versus Birmingham.

Gerrard miscontrolling a ball isn't a cruel freak occurrence.

Ok mate, it was a great goal that was the result of tactical nous.

Never said it was a great goal pal.

If Gerrard had controlled the ball properly he wouldn't have slipped there would not have been a goal to discuss do you disagree?

Rah.

The difference is very little today tbh. The fact that you claim Arsenal bottled Birmingham, proves this and tbh Hull did bottle it. I've not spoke on this on here, but another better manager than Bruce, after those 10 minutes, doesn't lose that final.

I've now stopped with the other idiot, please don't take up his role.

Hull bottled it?

:rofl:

Ok mate, the mighty Tigers should be livid with themselves from losing to the 5th richest club in the world after being 2-0 up on 17 minutes. Proper bottlers.

lol u lot need to allow it

if ur gonna talk about arsenal bottle jobs 

"Wenger kicked a water bottle in anger and hurled his suit jacket into the away dug-out as Wigan stunned the Gunners by scoring three goals in the last 11 minutes to win 3-2 at the DW Stadium."

at least mention the same circumstances  :Y:

i am postive theres more