Engagement Rings

Captain Planet

lol 

It's like I learn't that the price you pay after lets say 4k is less about a nice ring with nice diamonds and more about 'flawless diamonds of the highest grade' which lack imperfections which are not even visible to the eye.

For example, for a 0.8 carat diamond, plus 0.2 carat shoulder diamonds and a 18 karat platinum ring in the exact design I want I was quoted 3 to 3.2k from 3 dealers.

Diamond clarity was SI1, colour was G in this case, and I was offered better

It's like yeah if I was a wealthy guy I might bother about a flawless diamond for bragging rights but I'm not, best to save that other money for when we're actually married.

cp movin on up

bare guys sour

i personally found the ring info relatively informative

not like im gona buy a ring fo no ho any time soon but i might be able to impart the 4k threshold info down the pub n come across as a pretty swarve chap

stef u r in the kno aint u

knowledgeable guy this lad

thats what theyl say

• Upvote 8

Don't trust my 4k info tbh

Got mine for 2.3k lol

Basically what I've learnt is:

A) platinum rings cost approx £300 more than white gold, mainly go for platinum if you're buying from somewhere without good and free/cheap aftercare. Since though white gold needs more maintenance it is softer and more comfy and of course cheaper, if you can get unlimited polishes for free then go for it.

B) the colour grading of rings doesn't move price much approx £100-£125 per grade

C) anything below and including SI2 has no flaws visible to the eye so use that as the benchmark and work upwards within your budget from there.

D) diamond certification can be a rip off, there are lots of bodies with differing names who do very similar things, the bigger the name the larger the premium you pay. As long at it is certified by a recognised professional body to be a real diamond look at it under the scope yourself to determine the quality of the diamond, also ask to see different certified diamonds next to each other to determine quality. Occasionally you can get a better quality diamond that is simply certified by a lesser known certification body.

• Upvote 3

cp movin on up

bare guys sour

not like im gona buy a ring fo no ho any time soon but i might be able to impart the 4k threshold info down the pub n come across as a pretty swarve chap

thats what theyl say

c/s

cp movin on up

bare guys sour

thats what theyl say

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats and interesting discussion on diamonds...

Blood diamonds yeh?

Sometimes I think people's ethics are clouded on things that actually don't matter. £3.5k on a stone that's flawed with the blood of several others.

shat up, shut up

like you wouldnt be omg-ing if a guy like local (no shade) put one on the sausage 6 packs u call fingers

dont piss me off tonight

please

• Upvote 1

Congrats and interesting discussion on diamonds...

Blood diamonds yeh?

Sometimes I think people's ethics are clouded on things that actually don't matter. £3.5k on a stone that's flawed with the blood of several others.

shat up, shut up

like you wouldnt be omg-ing if a guy like local (no shade) put one on the sausage 6 packs u call fingers

dont piss me off tonight

please

What an imbecile you are,

Does your intellectual ability only amount to personal insults? With little too no accuracy?

If the only way you have to put your point across is swearing or personal insults this is more a reflection on you than me.

I'm already been there with the Diamonds, and now I'm older & wiser I no longer wear Diamonds & choose something precious & symbolic to me. Some of us are intelligent enough to realise that money and diamonds are not the most richest things one can own.

Please do not address me if you can not behave or address others respectfully & intelligently