Stormzy

Niall Ferguson

• 1 month later...

he's very decent and multiple times better than "INSERT ANY NEW WAVE YOUNGER"

the Grime scene have been calling out for a half credible new spitta to carry the torch... so of course all the olders jumped on it.

Sian Anderson got him I think...hence his rapid rise as shes connected to everyone

I like him but hes not as good as some of the grime man are making out.

Never ready for Jools Holland

Decent talent, decent bars decent flow HELLA PRESENCE 

Cosign the bold. The hype seems forced, not feeling the general d*ckriding. No track-record yet, but man are hyping him like he's dropped an Illmatic.

Can't work out what lane he's trying to take either, is he doing UK rap or grime?

Agreed. I don't know what it is about him, but he's definitely moving in the right circles.

He's average as an MC. No singalong bars, no raves duppied. Must be a Voodoo Master.

Agree with the 'moving in the right circles' sentiment.. I don't think he's remarkable either, but I do like a couple of his tracks

'Not That Deep' has quite a few singalong bars IMO

• Upvote 1

But you compare him to everyone else and he's the best grime guy since Chipmunk, Double S and them guys appeared.

Seriously, artistic development went to shit after them, I don't know what happened, its possibly because of the shift from radio to Youtube.

But you compare him to everyone else and he's the best grime guy since Chipmunk, Double S and them guys appeared.

Seriously, artistic development went to sh*t after them, I don't know what happened, its possibly because of the shift from radio to Youtube.

"Best grime guy"

This is nothing but your wholly subjective opinion. 

Hopefully he'll do more than a PA at Proud tonight so i can see the levels

Strong posts last few. Pos'd.

That show looks weird. Like I said, what lane is he trying to work? That show looks like some mixed-bag teenager ting, no disrespect. Let me know if it ain't.

http://pappzd.com/2013/07/lady-leshurr-paigey-cakey-twitter-beef/

Leshurr's alright but Paigey Cakey is having some identity crisis.What a dead scene, I had no idea they Tweefed.

/

Literally thought the same thing about singalong bars, can't compare to guys like Skepta. Then again, Skepta came from the True School of Grime where 'artist development' consisted of raves and radio. Like Dub said these Youtube grime kiddies don't know.

Stormzy kinda reminds me of Ghetts in the following respect; I know he is techically good, but the forced anger/emotion (Ghetts is worse) puts me off.

• Downvote 1

Seriously, artistic development went to sh*t after them, I don't know what happened, its possibly because of the shift from radio to Youtube.

"Best grime guy"

Do you get a kick out of pointing out the obvious? You did it with some slight linguistic flair, granted - but this is a discussion forum. That's his opinion ennit?

My opinion is he's overrated and his hypemachine will run out of steam. Might take something like a Brum MC sending for him to shake the scene up and get some real 'grime' back. You can say whatever about accents (or opinions) but Brum was fully representing Grime when most London man were trying to get a Rap City vid.

"Best grime guy"

Do you get a kick out of pointing out the obvious?

No, but so many people just state their opinion without any basis, as though it were fact. I'm just making sure people can follow their opinions through. I'd wager substantially that most people (particularly on here) cannot.

You did it with some slight linguistic flair, granted - but this is a discussion forum. That's his opinion ennit?

Thanks. I don't need (or want) your backhanded compliments though. 

My opinion is he's overrated and his hypemachine will run out of steam. Might take something like a Brum MC sending for him to shake the scene up and get some real 'grime' back. You can say whatever about accents (or opinions) but Brum was fully representing Grime when most London man were trying to get a Rap City vid.

This is possible and plausible. I think Stormzy gets a lot of ratings because he is such a humble dude. The old adage of "work hard, be nice" really does help. It's actually a really enviable trait.

You're one to talk about following up statements

If you're challenging a guy's point why not put forward what you think is correct, all you're doing is saying he's chatting crap but what is the truth then if he's got it wrong?

The truth is it's not worth me arguing about it on VIP2 other than to tell a man he's a c*nt.

Actually being a major house fan, I have nothing to prove, but I do like letting people know they have zero idea what they're talking about, whether he or any of the sheeple on here choose to believe it or not.

If you're challenging a guy's point why not put forward what you think is correct, all you're doing is saying he's chatting crap but what is the truth then if he's got it wrong?

The truth is it's not worth me arguing about it on VIP2 other than to tell a man he's a c*nt.

Actually being a major house fan, I have nothing to prove, but I do like letting people know they have zero idea what they're talking about, whether he or any of the sheeple on here choose to believe it or not.

What statement did I make (and present as fact), that was without basis?

"Best grime guy"

Do you get a kick out of pointing out the obvious?

No, but so many people just state their opinion without any basis, as though it were fact. I'm just making sure people can follow their opinions through. I'd wager substantially that most people (particularly on here) cannot.

You did it with some slight linguistic flair, granted - but this is a discussion forum. That's his opinion ennit?

Thanks. I don't need (or want) your backhanded compliments though. 

This is possible and plausible. I think Stormzy gets a lot of ratings because he is such a humble dude. The old adage of "work hard, be nice" really does help. It's actually a really enviable trait.

I hear that but it's fairly easy to distinguish between someone's opinion and a statement of fact - it's borderline redundant when you're addressing an equal.

And respect for not coming back at me like a prick, I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

What statement did I make (and present as fact), that was without basis?

That was me and my opinion. Hold tight Dub, good memory.

jesus you don't give up, you stated twice that what he was saying was wrong, insulting him even because of it, yet followed up both statements with nothing

saying someone is wrong/doesn't know what he's talking about is 'presenting as fact' more so than saying an MC is 'the best', no?

Sorry but that whole post was fraff.

Why do you keep referencing trace djs ffs. You clearly dont know about the scenes we are discussing. House is House.

Exactly. The c*nt doesn't know what he's on about. Beg you ban the c*nt to stop back and forth essays.

Paging Avicii

Should have known better than to enter a thread entitled 'nog house'.

This is just it. You don't know better. You have no idea what you're on about.

Get back to policing.

anyway, im not gonna entertain this any more, you're making this thread more shit than it has to be

• Upvote 1

jesus you don't give up, you stated twice that what he was saying was wrong, insulting him even because of it, yet followed up both statements with nothing

saying someone is wrong/doesn't know what he's talking about is 'presenting as fact' more so than saying an MC is 'the best', no?

Why do you keep referencing trace djs ffs. You clearly dont know about the scenes we are discussing. House is House.

Exactly. The c*nt doesn't know what he's on about. Beg you ban the c*nt to stop back and forth essays.

Paging Avicii

Get back to policing.

anyway, im not gonna entertain this any more, you're making this thread more sh*t than it has to be

OK, I will pick his comments apart tonight. 

Talk tough online bro, I like that. You going Fabric on Friday yeah?

Paging Avicii

Get back to policing.

anyway, im not gonna entertain this any more, you're making this thread more sh*t than it has to be

OK, I will pick his comments apart tonight. 

Talk tough online bro, I like that. You going Fabric on Friday yeah?

Bruv leave it. Don't make me remind you in the Stormzy thread that It's Not That Deep.

It really ain't.

/

Talented, but what's he on about?

"Coming for my throne back" - what throne? Man bust in the era of SBTV and Linkup.

Bars aimed at the imaginary hater/rival MC are proper dead in 2014. Especially seeing as nobody in grime is actually prepared to risk their 'careers' and clash these days.