Week 02 - 14/15 Premier League / League Cup R2 / CL & EL Play-Offs

User

Decent game, we paid for not making our pressure count. Prior to City's first I was impressed with our shape without the ball, we looked much more solid and then one slip in concentration puts it all to waste.

It was always gonna be difficult from there onwards, chasing the game against City plays right into their hands, they're very good at exploiting the gaps when you push on.

Jovetic loves playing us, been styling on us since 09.

City's squad is outrageous, Aguero strolling off the bench isn't something any defender wants to see. I find it difficult to look beyond City and Chelsea for the league.

'Rodgers is overthinking this again. Second game in a row. Whenever we set up to contain teams defensively, we don't do so well. We got away with it a few times last season until Southampton, and then we had to switch. He doesn't have the "feel" for the defensive game that someone like Rafa or Mourinho has. We should just go with the same plan, all the time, and let the chips fall where they may.

Moreno naive on the first goal

Organisational disaster for the second

And fell asleep for the third.

Key players having below-par games. But - they are the current champions, and the richest club in England. We only have to play them twice.

34 games left to get the 28-game-win standard to challenge for the title. We have a 6-game margin of error. This is why it was good to get the game out of the way early. We can regroup over the week, Rodgers can rejig a few things around, and start playing the team that is capable of winning, rather than the team that has the most experience.

Markovic was a bright spot when he came on. Manquillo will probably come in now on the right, and Allen showed his value again.

Tough game to take, but it's not the most crucial game we will play all season. Spurs will be tight, though, if we don't go back to our quick attacking game.

And Sturridge needs someone up with him. He's not good as a single forward. He needs someone close to create space for him. Sterling and Coutinho too far away today.

Back to the drawing board.'

Good post from PoP Flojo. Guy can make sense of anything. Feel less gutted after reading his posts lol

'Rodgers is overthinking this again. Second game in a row. Whenever we set up to contain teams defensively, we don't do so well. We got away with it a few times last season until Southampton, and then we had to switch. He doesn't have the "feel" for the defensive game that someone like Rafa or Mourinho has. We should just go with the same plan, all the time, and let the chips fall where they may.

Key players having below-par games. But - they are the current champions, and the richest club in England. We only have to play them twice.

34 games left to get the 28-game-win standard to challenge for the title. We have a 6-game margin of error. This is why it was good to get the game out of the way early. We can regroup over the week, Rodgers can rejig a few things around, and start playing the team that is capable of winning, rather than the team that has the most experience.

Markovic was a bright spot when he came on. Manquillo will probably come in now on the right, and Allen showed his value again.

Tough game to take, but it's not the most crucial game we will play all season. Spurs will be tight, though, if we don't go back to our quick attacking game.

And Sturridge needs someone up with him. He's not good as a single forward. He needs someone close to create space for him. Sterling and Coutinho too far away today.

Good post from PoP Flojo. Guy can make sense of anything. Feel less gutted after reading his posts lol

I actually thought he got the balance between stopping and trying to hurt them spot on in the first half and were it not for a silly mistake I think he'd have been relatively happy at the break although disappointed we had let ourselves down with the final pass.

We created the openings but didn't exploit them anywhere near as we could have, we just didn't seem to have that sharpness we had towards the back end of last season which is understandable.  

I think we'll see a much more measured approach from us this season which of course means we'll lose a little going forward but in situations where we need to get something I've no doubt he'll throw caution to the wind. That game has done nothing to worry me about how we'll fare this season, City are a very difficult team to beat at the Etihad.

Cant wait to smash you lads on sunday. COYS

I actually thought he got the balance between stopping and trying to hurt them spot on in the first half and were it not for a silly mistake I think he'd have been relatively happy at the break although disappointed we had let ourselves down with the final pass.

We created the openings but didn't exploit them anywhere near as we could have, we just didn't seem to have that sharpness we had towards the back end of last season which is understandable.  

I think we'll see a much more measured approach from us this season which of course means we'll lose a little going forward but in situations where we need to get something I've no doubt he'll throw caution to the wind. That game has done nothing to worry me about how we'll fare this season, City are a very difficult team to beat at the Etihad.

Definitely thought we were cautious. played a narrow diamond formation with a 3 of Hendo,Stevie,Allen which I thought was a smart move as City would play with a 2 and we could over crowed them in midfield, didn't really work out because Hendo,Coutinho,Johnson and a few others went missing .Sturridge didn't really connect with anyone because he is a instinct striker he likes link up play, Suarez gave him that in abundance and hopefully Balotelli fills that creative spark upfront. Sturridge likes to drift to the wing, drop to midfield, he needs another player to drag defenders away from him with their runs etc. Balotelli is sort of the same so hopefully they strike a connection or score goals individually like he and Suarez did.

Hopefully with Markovic and Lallana,Can fully fit we can probably see a great bench. Haven't seen that in my life time supporting the team :lol:

Next game against Poch's side should be a great game. Hopefully we play more aggressively in that game

/

Obviously Pellegrini played a blinder too. We wanted to over crowd them in midfield but Nasri and Silva tucked in nicely to make 4 in the middle essentially when we had the ball with Zabaleta used as width. City are FUCKED lol only team that makes BR change his "philosophy"

'Rodgers is overthinking this again. Second game in a row. Whenever we set up to contain teams defensively, we don't do so well. We got away with it a

against spurs

---Markovic-----Sturridge---Sterling(still moving central)---

----------Hendo-------------coutinho-------------

------------------Gerrard------------------

lol filet mignons positionin was terrible for that goal

I know Reina didnt rate Rodgers, and reina has fallen off some what but for the life of me I still don't get why he done that change over.

He hasnt been that bad, still room for improvement though.

I rate Mignolets shot stopping highly. Yday he didn't have the best of games but I wouldn't blame him for for the first 2 goals or the 3rd tbh even though i have seen a lot of people blaming him on twitter. He thought Aguero was going to take another touch but he took one touch and shot. thats why he didn't dive quickly enough. Thought he was just caught off guard imo. The real problem was Moreno and Lovren pushing up and there was zero protection from our midfielders them goals was more fundamental defensive differences between johnson,skrtel,lovren and moreno but I hope to see Sakho and Manquillo(at some point) and hopefully our defenders click and know when to push up and when to cover for each other FFS

Pmsl

>>>>> united