Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dubby

Giving Yourself A Haircut?

23 posts in this topic

So I just got a trim just under an hour ago at a barber and its less than adequate compared to what I'm used to, like yeah it was a white barber (going out tonight n couldn't be arsed to trek across town to the black area) but on my way back I was thinking "I would have been better off giving myself a trim".So what's you guys verdict on this?And if any of you do do this, what equipment do you use?

ARGOS should do a cheap hairdressing set for £25

Yeah, I've been known to do this.Got some Wahl clippers that I use for the back & sides, then just use scissors on the top.(N.B. I'm white)

i'm tihnking about getting one of thesehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-Men-7435U-Easy-Clipper/dp/B002FGTIZU

I do this all the time but ive been doing it for years so i do quite a good cut now..Ive just got some Wahl clippers, they do the job nicely - then if need be ill just get someone to line up the back.

does any one give them self shape up or just to touch it up , because mine goes within a week..thinking about touching it up every few days

does any one give them self shape up or just to touch it up , because mine goes within a week..thinking about touching it up every few days
I dunno what your life's like but do you really need it to look FRESH every day? I only need it to look sharp for about 2 days a week. The rest is just work and seeing people that have seen me where my PJs for two days straight.

fullli shook to do this, allow my hair line ending looking somthing like...jude-law.jpg

Dem school boy errors there.How u guna go to a white barber.I hoped you've learned your lesson son.

i got the ones titan and angelo recommended they do the job nicelygot my mum to watch me the first time after that i was cool

Yeah, Dubby, get those ones Angelo posted. I got them last year April and have no complaints what so ever. One level isn't hard as well. want to be able to do my own shpae ups, but I'm not prepared to risk my hairline just yet. I'm too young to potentially forsake that sh*t.I need to buy some clipper oil though because mine is almost finished, and I need an extra NO.1 guard.

aite, safe guys, so it's a self-trim then pay the barber for a shapeup ting

Dem school boy errors there.How u guna go to a white barber.I hoped you've learned your lesson son.
lol, yes i havething is its not like i expected it to be of such low quality... i just didn't expect a decent shapeup and wasn't gonna risk asking for a fade - but like i got home and had longer pieces of hair hanging out the top of my head and sh*t

mack 3 when i'm ere
Llow you walking around like Ving Rhames.

boy, earlier today I tried to line up my hair and f*cked it up big time. (Have usually been on point)Just got back from my barbers.. Savior.. He was actually creasin' when I walked in.I hear what wale is saying about touching up. U can use the barbers lineup as a guide-line but once you loose it, llow it. Leave it to the barbers.

he buzzedcomes like he cut your hair withB660-SafetyScissors-112103.jpg
:lol: thing is, I knew for a fact it would be below par when he finished before 20 mins was up, like I'm in a barber for a minimum 40 mins usuallyyou man who cut your own hair, you do different levels or one all over?

I only do number one all over. Wouldn't risk anything else. Bert can do his own skin fade and shape ups, but he's a barber anyways so he has practice and skills in it anyways.

boy, earlier today I tried to line up my hair and f*cked it up big time. (Have usually been on point)Just got back from my barbers.. Savior.. He was actually creasin' when I walked in.I hear what wale is saying about touching up. U can use the barbers lineup as a guide-line but once you loose it, llow it. Leave it to the barbers.
LMAO can imagine man actually laughing at your face.