HELP (job interview)

Guest Triple XXX

Guest Triple XXX

o ye thts a good point to have examples of times uve showed ______

so prepare examples for problem solving/sales/customer service/time management/working in a group/working towards a target or goal etc

ite these kinda things im stuck on ive been tryin all day

examples of a few of them please

Guest Triple XXX

could not have flopped harder if i tried

there were 3 of us, first thing they got us to do was some quiz type thing for 10 mins like 20 questions sh*t like.. duncan is better than john at tennis but mike is worse than mary to beats duncan but not paul, who is the best..

didnt even finish it

then the interview came n everything went out the window i didnt even have a chance to use the magic words target driven n all that crap she told me startin with my most recent job go back and explain everything u did and what it taught you, which didnt help cos the latest job on my CV i made up, real comapny my mum used to run it but i didnt do sh*t

THEN she asked me if i was ont he way to a football match with my friends and she was there but i wasnt, what would the people be sayin about me, que the umms n oohs

then she asked if i had any questions and all i had was how can one progress in the company

my only hope is that the other 2, who, and i know i shouldnt judge a book by its cover, looked like they couldnt direct traffic down a one way street, flop worse than i did

f*ck this im goin gym

dont underestimate the value of that interview experience. they get MUCH easier with practise coz they all have common themes esp if your applying for the same type of jobs. now you know what its like being put on the spot and gettin caught out with questions you dont expect.

the first bit might have been a psychometric test - loads of examples on google. lots of employers do different types of them. the 2nd question is a tough one if you've lied about your experience lol

see that "what would you friends / people from your last job say about you" one? if you take a casual approach - its easy. your friends would say "why didnt we envite david?" :Y: the one i had was "if we asked your former colleagues at your last job, 'how would you describe skola?' what would say they?" me: "hes some guy". they found that hillarious.

the best interview i done - i didnt care if i got the job (but i did and im glad). you need to be relaxed and confident but ITS HARD not to hesitate if/when you get caught off guard.

the any questions bit i dont know if it really matters. when will i find out if i have been successful? how many other candidates are there? dont think that makes a big difference.

at least youve finally hit the gym!

see that "what would you friends / people from your last job say about you" one? if you take a casual approach - its easy. your friends would say "why didnt we envite david?" :Y: the one i had was "if we asked your former colleagues at your last job, 'how would you describe skola?' what would say they?" me: "hes some guy". they found that hillarious.

the best interview i done - i didnt care if i got the job (but i did and im glad). you need to be relaxed and confident but ITS HARD not to hesitate if/when you get caught off guard.

thats jokes

what kinda area were those jobs in where you used that approach, cos im wary if i bussed jokes at some grad scheme interview they might kick me out the door and spit on my carcass on the way out

thats jokes

what kinda area were those jobs in where you used that approach, cos im wary if i bussed jokes at some grad scheme interview they might kick me out the door and spit on my carcass on the way out

it was an it support job. not really a graduate job more entry level so not really a serious thing. ur right it might not suit all types of jobs...but at the same time im sure most employers are looking for a confident and friendly attitude.

at least you got experience with interviews now,not many ppl get a job from there first interview just gotta keep trying and youll get better at it,still mite get it though,sales aint fussy,esp if its basic + commission etc

Definitely!

David you gotta keep at it!

told you eralier on in thread

if its your first interview, you should just relax cos untill youve had an interview you dont know what to expect

just learn from it, took me about 3 interviews before i started to get the hang of them

thats jokes

LOL C/S.

David its a learning curve. You'll get better with practice. After 5 or 6 you'll be laughing.

Guest Triple XXX
Dear David,

We are delighted to confirm your interview attendance with Paramount Force on Tuesday 15th June at 3pm. Please find map below will full directions. Your interview will be conducted by the Managing Director.

OK, let me try this again..

Guest El Padrino

Dear David,

We are delighted to confirm your interview attendance with Paramount Force on Tuesday 15th June at 3pm. Please find map below will full directions. Your interview will be conducted by the Managing Director.

OK, let me try this again..

I just had one interview 2day. Went well, but sometimes I got funny feelings with certain organisations in the city... :confused:

Now the waiting game for 2nd stage or whatever begins...

Guest Triple XXX

Thought your legal name was X?

it is, kinda, i jus havent sent the DWP the ting n its all long tellin each individual person

if i get the job ill tell them lol, all my bank accounts n sh*t are still in David, but i got the deed poll somewhere i cant find it, hope i aint lost it otherwise i gotta get another

Guest Triple XXX

its cos my fam kicked me out n i didnt want anything associated with them so i changed my name, cos they gave it to me, its actually XXX XXX XXX cos on online forms u cant use one letter

but we've made up now i think im still gonna keep the name tho

have a practise interview for this one, learn Your answers then say them immediately as if in the interview situation

more exmaples i dnt know if have been posted:

where do You see Yourself in 5 years time?

how would You rate Your progress so far?

do You prefer to work independantly or as part of a team?

why did You choose to study_____ ?

who do You admire and why?

why did You leave Your last job?

what are Your greatest accomplishments?

its cos my fam kicked me out n i didnt want anything associated with them so i changed my name, cos they gave it to me, its actually XXX XXX XXX cos on online forms u cant use one letter

but we've made up now i think im still gonna keep the name tho

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh

thats why your username is what it is

Guest Triple XXX

have a practise interview for this one, learn Your answers then say them immediately as if in the interview situation

more exmaples i dnt know if have been posted:

where do You see Yourself in 5 years time?

how would You rate Your progress so far?

do You prefer to work independantly or as part of a team?

why did You choose to study_____ ?

who do You admire and why?

why did You leave Your last job?

what are Your greatest accomplishments?

thanks