Social housing budget to be cut by more than 50 per cent, BBC learns

Angelo

lol during the election me n wavesurfer told you all

this sh*t dnt even shock or bother me now cos i knew it was going to happen AGES ago and prepared myself for it tbh

hopefully EDDY can win it for us, revitalize Trade Unions, restore workers rights to strike and reverse these disgusting, self-serving and callous cuts

It was Labour who gave our money to the banksters and caused this mess

It dont matter whether Labour or Torys as they both have the same agenda at heart

• Upvote 1

CHANGE THE RECORD WE ALL KNOW

The problems facing normal people are definitely being worsened by the coalition, if you can't see that Thun you are blind

If you cant admit it was Labour who caused it you are in denial

Im sure Labour would be doing the same sh*t to us if they was in power

• Downvote 1

i heard that jesse jackson was at the centre of protests against cuts in london today

cannot see bbc, times or guardian comin up for this on google

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Nationwide-protests-over-spending-cuts.6590495.jp

American civil rights activist Jesse Jackson will join a protest in

Westminster called by groups including unions and the Stop The War Coalition. A march will be held through Doncaster led by a coffin and a hearse, with protesters wearing black to symbolise the "death" of public services.

Further demonstrations will be held in the next few days and the TUC is organising a national protest in London next year.

The TUC said up to 3,000 people from across the UK joined a protest in Westminster on Tuesday, with 2,200 packing into Westminster Central Hall, hundreds outside unable to get in and several hundred more queuing up to meet their local MP in Parliament.

Guest WAVESURFER

lol during the election me n wavesurfer told you all

this sh*t dnt even shock or bother me now cos i knew it was going to happen AGES ago and prepared myself for it tbh

hopefully EDDY can win it for us, revitalize Trade Unions, restore workers rights to strike and reverse these disgusting, self-serving and callous cuts

It was Labour who gave our money to the banksters and caused this mess

It dont matter whether Labour or Torys as they both have the same agenda at heart

The seeds were sown in Thatcher & Major's days. Blair's "New Labour" just followed in their footsteps. They didn't "cause" the mess, they just maintained it.

Also, we're in the midst of a global financial crisis atm, I dunno how anyone can say that's Labour's fault.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm wondering what happens after. I mean when in the unlikely event that this debt is ever paid off. Will taxes then drop? Will the price of your weekly shop be lovingly slashed in half? Will the price of anything go down? We all know the answer is no. The cost of loans will stay high, we will still get shafted when setting up mortgages and the national wage won't do anything to balance out your outgoings for the simple reason that we need to spend money in order for the system to work.

If in 15 years enough people look at what's being taken from us via taxes and whatever and says "It's time to put the tax back down since this ain't needed no more" The government will find a next excuse, another war, another nuclear energy push, another banking crisis, all to justify keeping the prices high and rising.

I've already told my younger siblings to stay away from loans if possible, come see if family can help 1st. It's not about owing money to selfish, faceless, nameless bankers that have no interest in your personal situation. Only that you make the repayment each month to keep their pockets fat.

It aint about a Labour or Tory thing as they both agree on most agendas but Labour was the party in power who gave the banks our money and look how we got robbed.

We could of avoided all these major cuts by not giving our money to banksters.

£850bn: official cost of the bank bailout

How to spend £850bn bailing out the banks... and £107.1m on financial advice

£76bn To purchase shares in RBS and Lloyds Banking Group

£200bn Indemnify Bank of England against losses incurred in providing over £200bn of liquidity support

£250bn Guarantee wholesale borrowing by banks to strengthen liquidity in the banking system

£40bn Provide loans and other funding to Bradford & Bingley and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

£280bn Agree in principle to provide insurance for selection of bank assets

£671bn Total Government spending in the financial year 2009-2010

£32.9m Slaughter & May - Commercial legal advice

£15.4m Credit Suisse - Financial advice on a range of measures, including Bank Recapitalisation and the Asset Protection Scheme

£11.3m PricewaterhouseCoopers - Advice on APS

£8.7m Ernst & Young - Due diligence on APS, Northern Rock

£7.7m KPMG - Due diligence on APS

£7.4m Blackrock - Valuation advice on APS

£5.3m Deutsche Bank - Financial advice on a range of measures

£5m Citi Financial - Advice on Aps

£4.9m BDO Stoy Hayward - Valuation of Northern Rock

£4.5m Goldman Sachs - Financial advice on Northern Rock

£1.5m Morgan Stanley - Financial advice on Bradford & Bingley

£2.5m Other advisers - Financial advice on a range of measures and proposals to revive Britain's ailing economy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

check this

The leader of Harrogate Borough Council has been suspended from the Conservative Party after being photographed dressed as Adolf Hitler.

Mike Gardner, who was pictured giving a Nazi salute at a fancy dress party, said he had done "nothing wrong".

He has vowed to remain as leader of the Conservative-controlled council, serving as an independent.

Conservative Party headquarters said he had been suspended pending an investigation into his conduct.

Asked why he had chosen to wear the Nazi-style uniform, Mr Gardner said: "It's one of those situations, you had to be there.

"There was nothing wrong, it was just good fun. I was at a fancy dress party, it was nothing more."

He said the Conservative Party's decision to suspend him had been "very improper".

'Disgusted' by decision

The images were taken from a Facebook page, which Mr Gardner said was a "total violation of my privacy".

He said: "I am a councillor who represents the people, politics is not my thing, serving the people is my game.

"I am disgusted about what the Conservatives have decided to do.

"I serve the people of Harrogate and serve them very well actually.

"If I have gone wrong I will apologise now to the people of Harrogate, if I have offended them in any way."

A council spokesman confirmed that Mr Gardner was still leader but nobody from the local authority was available for further comment on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-11609438

how can he not think theres anything wrong with this?

Guest WAVESURFER

f*ck off mate, you're one of the biggest cunts on here.

If you don't understand the sentiments behind those videos, you must know f*ck all about what she did.

:arrow:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1