Champions League Thread R16 L2

Lenny

Five british teams have played in europe this week with Busquets scoring the only goal.Stats>>>>
The best team in Italy couldn't score past against a defence which both Blackpool and Wolves put 3 past in recent weeks.i find people are too fussed with Stats . Obviously when looking a certain records they mean something but stuff like these ones don't really say anything. The scum one people could laugh at but i see it as one bad touch cost them the game.
posd

But I will say this, if Spurs win the CL, I don't think I will read the sports section of any newspaper for time because the lauding of Harry would be unbearable. He would get knighted at the final whistle or some sh*t.
Id be so f*ck*ng happy. Hopefully the league finishes as...ArsenalUnitedCityChelseaTottenham win the CL and get the 4th champions league spot. Chelsea get Europa League.
An exception to the usual European qualification system happened in 2005, after Liverpool won the Champions League the year before, but did not finish in a Champions League qualification place in the Premier League that season. UEFA gave special dispensation for Liverpool to enter the Champions League, giving England five qualifiers.[25] UEFA subsequently ruled that the defending champions qualify for the competition the following year regardless of their domestic league placing. However, for those leagues with four entrants in the Champions League, this means that if the Champions League winner falls outside of its domestic league's top four, it will qualify at the expense of the fourth-placed team in the league. No association can have more than four entrants in the Champions League.

Tottenham aren't winning it.I seriously cannot remember first time entrants winning it .
Your so rigidEverything is a stat to youHow many teams had Jose had his team beaten 5-0 by their man rivals? Is there some force in the universe which means that they will get to the final and time will travel and they will have lost because its an unwrittenr ule they cant win itI see no reason why they cant win it tbhAlso how many first time entrants have the quality and experience with players like Gomez, King, Gallas, Corluka, BAE, Lennon, VDV, Modric, Defoe, Niko, Sandro, Huddlestone and a few others?Could you give me a stat for that please Ta/Hope Totty get Real and knock them out in the last 8 you mug
  • Upvote 2

Spurs are the most dangerous attacking English side in the comp..In Gallas they have a top class defender and warrior, 1 from Dawson, King, Kaboul & Woodgate alongside him on their day Spurs have a CB pair as good as anyWeaker in the FB areas as they can switch off but again on their day very good (Hutton included)Their midfield has real quality, pace and they all put in a shift and Crouchy up top has been doing this CL tingChelsea & Utd are stronger units, Utd with that 5 man midfield (Nani, Valencia, Park, Giggs, Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher) are a match for any1 but imo they are weak up front, Berba is a bitch away from home, he doesnt do enough and Waza aint firing..Berba has 4 goals away from home and 2 came against Blackpool..Utd wer controlling the game at Anfield but their strikers n attacking players wer not holding it up or doing anything with the ball, they will get punished for that in the CLChelsea are a proper unit, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Drogba are all big physical men, a match for any teamTheir problem is accommodating the lady boy, but in the tougher games Carlo will have to go 4-3-3 imo If Chelsea draw Barca they will knock them out this time deffo, theres too much anger from 09 for Barca to beat ChelseaShame we are out tbh, its wide open this year

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Dortmund won on the 2nd attemptSeriously my bad how can I forget The Ajax team of VDS, F De Boer,Blind,Seedorf,Davids,Santos,Rijkaard,Kanu,George,Kluivert,Reziger,R De Boer,Litamanen coached by Louis Van Gaal but that team was special you don't get a team like this nomore.I forgot Overmars only Modric would get into that team.Won it in 95 and lost on penalites in 96

Guest Portuguese

I forgot to add Ajax 94-96 is the only second to Sacchi's Milan as the greatest team in my lifetime.This Barca's team is special but isn't great yet.

• Downvote 3

Guest Portuguese

88/90(If Sacchi never took the national job and one of the greatest strikers of all time never retired at the age of 28 they would of domanited for years) just watch dvd's/highlights you will see how they move.I was told a few weeks ago I actually watched their 2nd final I don't recall I was 3 at the time.Its not just the way they won its the manner they done it.I thought it was a myth I asked around about this team.The Italians/three dutch guys.23 so I guess that's my life time

• Downvote 2

Guest Portuguese

I don't fully agree with this list because its hard to compare club and national sides and plus they left out Van Gaal's Ajax of 94-96.Let's recall all the trophies won by the Milan side coached by Arrigo Sacchi:1987-88: Scudetto1988-89: European Champions Cup, Italian Supercup1989-90: Intercontinental Cup, European Supercup, and European Champions Cup1990-91: Intercontinental Cup, European Supercup--------The full list:1 Brazil 19702 Hungary 19533 Holland 19704 Milan 1989-905 Brazil 19586 Real Madrid 1956-607 7 Brazil 19828 Barcelona 1991-949 Italy 1934-3810 France 1998- 200011 River Plate late 1940s12 Ajax 1971-7313 Bayern Munich 1974-7614 Celtic 196715 France 198416 Denmark 198617 Real Madrid 199818 Totttenham 196118 Liverpool 197720 Manchester United 1999

But I will say this, if Spurs win the CL, I don't think I will read the sports section of any newspaper for time because the lauding of Harry would be unbearable. He would get knighted at the final whistle or some sh*t.
Id be so f*ck*ng happy. Hopefully the league finishes as...ArsenalUnitedCityChelseaTottenham win the CL and get the 4th champions league spot. Chelsea get Europa League.
An exception to the usual European qualification system happened in 2005, after Liverpool won the Champions League the year before, but did not finish in a Champions League qualification place in the Premier League that season. UEFA gave special dispensation for Liverpool to enter the Champions League, giving England five qualifiers.[25] UEFA subsequently ruled that the defending champions qualify for the competition the following year regardless of their domestic league placing. However, for those leagues with four entrants in the Champions League, this means that if the Champions League winner falls outside of its domestic league's top four, it will qualify at the expense of the fourth-placed team in the league. No association can have more than four entrants in the Champions League.
Lmao @ that Everton waste of effort. Was never gonna be ready for no CL level football GTFO

I don't fully agree with this list because its hard to compare club and national sides and plus they left out Van Gaal's Ajax of 94-96.Let's recall all the trophies won by the Milan side coached by Arrigo Sacchi:1987-88: Scudetto1988-89: European Champions Cup, Italian Supercup1989-90: Intercontinental Cup, European Supercup, and European Champions Cup1990-91: Intercontinental Cup, European Supercup--------The full list:1 Brazil 19702 Hungary 19533 Holland 19704 Milan 1989-905 Brazil 19586 Real Madrid 1956-607 7 Brazil 19828 Barcelona 1991-949 Italy 1934-3810 France 1998- 200011 River Plate late 1940s12 Ajax 1971-7313 Bayern Munich 1974-7614 Celtic 196715 France 198416 Denmark 198617 Real Madrid 199818 Totttenham 196118 Liverpool 197720 Manchester United 1999
list is void from when the only United side in it isn't even the best United side in the clubs history, or even the 90's

Guest Portuguese
Don't really know how you can say Sachhi's team are the best of your lifetime when you've not watched them play week in week out :D
I didn't understand the meaning of lifetime I thought it was since you were born not if you watched them week in and week outNow I know I can easily say its Van Gaal Ajax of 1994-1996.