Overrated players that are considered great?

CrillzCity

If we didnt have kean we wouldnt have won as much

Great tackler, stamina, leadership, heart, could pass, not a bad headerer, have players on lock, nullify oppositions attacks and ceeate counters

Vieira was obv a better footballer but would I have swapped him for keano, no way. He didnt need to baller when we had 3 of the best midfielders the prem and the game has seen in our generation

Becks, scholes, giggs

Why the f*ck would man need to bang goals. His discipline allowed these great players to express themselves

Legend

Pele did it over years, hence the 3 World Cup winners medals.

Again, the only man who ever lived to own 3, can't be underestimated.

Best I think was the most phenomenal talent who ever lived, but didn't do it at a World Cup.

Messi has flunked for Argentina.

All the other players are better dribblers but Pele was your text book all round player, he was a more complete footballer than ALL of them.

Brazil 1970 the best team that has ever been.

Pele did it over years, hence the 3 World Cup winners medals.

Again, the only man who ever lived to own 3, can't be underestimated.

Best I think was the most phenomenal talent who ever lived, but didn't do it at a World Cup.

Messi has flunked for Argentina.

All the other players are better dribblers but Pele was your text book all round player, he was a more complete footballer than ALL of them.

Brazil 1970 the best team that has ever been.

This.

Guest whowantswhat

pele isnt even in my top 100

he played a different game

modern footballers are completely different to guys from the 60s

kevin davies in 1960 would probably be the best player on the planet

Stick to cricket man.

Kabbadi

You man are rating Pele because he won 3 World Cup medals........ The guy played for some class Brazilian team, possibly the best team that ever existed. How are you gonna rate that against Goerge Best who played for Northern Ireland lol. Plus Pele spent his whole career playing in the Brazilian league, never even tried to play his trade in Europe. He's up there from what I have seen of him but number 1 no, not for me. As somebody pointed out as well, different era. Imagine an R9 Ronaldo back in them days? Defenders wouldn't know what had hit them with the kinda skill and fitness players have today.

You man are rating Pele because he won 3 World Cup medals........ The guy played for some class Brazilian team, possibly the best team that ever existed. How are you gonna rate that against Goerge Best who played for Northern Ireland lol. Plus Pele spent his whole career playing in the Brazilian league, never even tried to play his trade in Europe. He's up there from what I have seen of him but number 1 no, not for me. As somebody pointed out as well, different era. Imagine an R9 Ronaldo back in them days? Defenders wouldn't know what had hit them with the kinda skill and fitness players have today.

I'm rating him cause i've seen footage of him waltzing past defenders like they weren't there, banging in goals from 40 yards with his weaker left foot, slicing through defences with slid rule passing. Most of the people who chat sh*t about Pele probably haven't seen footage of him otuside 1970 World Cup, where despite him being on the decline and 30 years old was still probably the best player in the tournament. Now if you for one second are judging his career based of that tournament, then you can't begin to imagine how good he is, Pele is probably the most complete player to ever play football, he could do anything and everything with the ball including score a 1000 goals.

Also your point makes sense on one level, but you act as if R9 would have got as much protection as he did in the 90's, R9 was already an injury ravaged player, if he was playing in those days he probably would have broken down a long time before he did.

Also at that time Brazil was as good of level as any, it seems that people don't grasp the simple fact that European leagues are as strong as they are because of influence from foreigners, particularly South Americans. In those days the majority of the top players would have still been plying their trade in Brazil, so it was still a strong league, evident by the fact that Peles Santos defeated a number of European giants in tournaments.

Why does the fact he didn't play outside brazil in his prime count against him? He went to the world cup 3x and duppied everyone who did play in Europe. Them times players had no protection from refs as well. The kinda hacks I seen him take woulda shut down guys like messis careers.

Messi plays for an Argentine team with the best attack in the world yet still can't lead them past the quarter finals.

An attack of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Pastore, Milto, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Gaitan, Higuain is as good as it gets and i can't remember a nation ever having that much depth in their forward lines since Brazil in the late 90;s and 00's, of course those Brazilian sides had far more success than Argentina have had.

If Pele playing for great side is used as a stick to beat him with, then the same applies for Messi.

Why does the fact he didn't play outside brazil in his prime count against him? He went to the world cup 3x and duppied everyone who did play in Europe. Them times players had no protection from refs as well. The kinda hacks I seen him take woulda shut down guys like messis careers.

Alie such a stupid argument to use, it makes me wonder about the intelligence of the people that use it as a reason to discredit him.