Is diving the cancer of the game?

Kompressor

Netherlands?

You never saw them under Van Maawijk no?

When they tried to kick their way to WC in SA but what happended Beauty overcame the Beast.

Using Arsenal as an example is void because when did these lot last challenge for major honours?

You used Chelsea for your example as winning at all costs so I countered it with Barca.

In the last few years if you looked at Champions League/World Cup/Euros/African Nations/Copa America winners

Beautiful football 99%

sh*t on stick 1 %

Envolving you say?

Well teams who play beautiful football will always come with new ideas to open and break down buses.

Where when you adopt sh*t on stick football

You always have to let it happen for you and really hope the footballing side fire blanks but when you play beautiful football you go out there, impose yourself and make things happen

Styles make fights.

Chelsea utlilised styles in matches that worked for them and got them the win.

Did they get lucky on occasions, Yes. But in 99 Every United game was entertaining we played attacking attractive football got lucky at points along the way and won,

Will Chelsea fans rate their Win any less than I rate 99, No.

They are Champions of Europe, to them nothing else matters and neither do the opinions of outsiders or neutrals.

A statement from the Uruguayan FA reads: "The Uruguayan Football Association (AUF) has come to know the comments made by Fifa vice president, Mr. Jim Boyce, to the English newspaper The Sun.

"Those comments refer to the Uruguayan football player, Mr Luis Suarez, and they classify his conduct as 'cheating behaviour' and the situation caused by it as a 'cancer' to football.

"We understand this kind of comments, coming from a person who holds a Fifa vice president position, making specific reference to a football player and linking his behaviour to an affection that represents a calamity to mankind, are in the antipodes of what the principles that should guide us in world football are supposed to be.

"These comments made by this person are inadmissible and unacceptablThe Article 3 in Fifa's Code of Ethics clearly states: "Officials should be conscious of the importance of their role and the obligations and responsibilities that it implies."

Deliberately disregarding his role and his position, Mr Boyce has specifically referred to a football player encouraging and provoking hostility towards him, even more so if we consider the media to which those comments were made.

As a consequence of what we have expressed above, the Executive Council of the AUF would like to make you aware of the following decisions we have taken:

1. To withdraw our trust in Mr. Jim Boyce as a Fifa vice president.

2. To ask that Mr. Boyce's conduct is subjected to consideration by FIFA's Ethics Committee.

3. To communicate to the CONMEBOL Executive Committee in order for them to become aware of this situation and take the decisions they deem pertinent.

4. To express the great solidarity of every football executive in Uruguay towards Mr. Luis Suarez.

5. To stay alert in the future in order to understand the effects and the impact that Mr. Boyce's comments will have in the future during the matches in which the player is involved, for both the national team of Uruguay or his club.

6. To make this letter public and to have it published by the AUF official website.

Without any further comments, we send you our best regards,

Dr. Sebastian Bauza

President

Dr. Anibal de Olivera

General Secretary e for the AUF."

Uruguay are not happy. The witch hunt on Suarez is disgusting though.

I think we'll dub it the Mourinho defence.

no mourinho under chelsea played good football

not sexy football but good solid mechancial football

I love football and all the variety of styles it throws up... from all out defense to all out attack as long as it is a style worked by the manager and trained on, that needs some kind of intelligence and practice to execute

I love all the dark arts of football from diving to cynical fouls, handballs, mind games and bullying.

I severely detest non football(rugby) played by the likes of big sam and non styles(let them have the ball we we will nick something) like Chelsea in the CL last season.

But most i can not stand Xenophobia, Hypocrisy, Ignorance and the general holier than thou attitude that the English have especially the written press, ex pundits and the stupid football supporters who hang by the balls of everything these old boys(usually lpool, arsenal and west ham) guys say on TV and the Papers.

Disgusting

Feel sorry for the likes of Suarez, when his captain is the worst offender in the country... and is treated like a white knight.

• Upvote 7

the witch hunt is a bit over the top,

but the reality is, he doesn't help himself and his supporters don't help his cause with the one sidedness, of their views,

Fergie showed the best way to go about it when he openly slewed Young for Diving last season, he'd of loved for Young to of done that same thing against City late last season or at the end of that Everton game, but he see's that there's going to be an ongoing arguement/debate about how bad diving is so he nails his flag to the mast pubicly as someone who is prepared to have a go at his own players if need be, this instantly increases the weight of his comments whenever he comments on diving,

I.E " I have always been against diving, i've even called my own players out about it in the past, but that man over there (insert name of public hate figure of the time) is far worse and needs to be brought to task about it.

People think the media are bias in favour of him but its not the case, its just the case that he plays the game very very well and works it to his own benefit, In the same way Jose does/did. added to the success he's achieved......

football supporters are partisan, tribal and defensive of their own generally, and rose tinted, sometimes to the point of defending the indefensible, Liverpool fans are in this bracket big time, so on the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that,

I understand the 100% support mentality but it does nothing for credibility

the witch hunt is a bit over the top,

but the reality is, he doesn't help himself and his supporters don't help his cause with the one sidedness, of their views,

Fergie showed the best way to go about it when he openly slewed Young for Diving last season, he'd of loved for Young to of done that same thing against City late last season or at the end of that Everton game, but he see's that there's going to be an ongoing arguement/debate about how bad diving is so he nails his flag to the mast pubicly as someone who is prepared to have a go at his own players if need be, this instantly increases the weight of his comments whenever he comments on diving,

I.E " I have always been against diving, i've even called my own players out about it in the past, but that man over there (insert name of public hate figure of the time) is far worse and needs to be brought to task about it.

People think the media are bias in favour of him but its not the case, its just the case that he plays the game very very well and works it to his own benefit, In the same way Jose does/did. added to the success he's achieved......

football supporters are partisan, tribal and defensive of their own generally, and rose tinted, sometimes to the point of defending the indefensible, Liverpool fans are in this bracket big time, so on the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that,

I understand the 100% support mentality but it does nothing for credibility

I was the only one who really argued Suarez' case so I'll assume you're talking about me, you make it sound like there was overwhelming evidence Suarez was guilty so the only way anybody could have backed him was because he was a Liverpool player when in reality it was the opposite.

I call bullshit when I see it - whether it's Gerrard, Carragher, Dalglish or the club in general so there is no way I'd over look Suarez through partisanship.

I didn't believe Evra and I didn't think the kangaroo court the FA put together was fair.

It's as simple as that but no doubt you'll overlook the numerous times I've criticised the club, managers and players.

/

It doesn't surprise me you don't see a witch hunt.

i'm on about your support base in general, I used the Suarez thread as a example of a Liverpool fan making some decent points but getting overlooked or dissmissed due to the perception of the fanbase held by others,.

It seems like you have taken my post as some sort of personal insult or indirect send nothing could actually be further from the truth. My comment was in support of your actions in that thread, as i eluded to the notion that you made good points during that debate but that they were dissmissed due to the fact that people believe Liverpool's fanbase would defend even the indefensible, so not sure what you saw when you saw my post, or maybe it's just to early in the morning for you. to break down what that meant,

"It was a good debate, where good points were raised both against and for Suarez but ultimately some people will ignore a Liverpool fans support of Suarez due to the notion that they would defend him regardless of what he had done and how bang to right he was.

Hell i've already stated that i gain respect for you in that thread and earlier this week i said that was probably my favourite thread on here due to the fact a debate actually took place, rather than name-less posters just handing out neg's with no explanation

as for the witch hunt, again i'm not sure if your on about what i have said, but in my first line i stated (and i quote)

the witch hunt is a bit over the top.

this is quite easy to find because...... Its the very first thing i wrote. but i understand why you may have missed it, 8-)

because you saw who posted, had a thought in your head of what i was going to say and formulated a defence and dissmissed my comments without even taking any notice of them, something that i highlighted as being a problem when people look at Liverpool's fanbase's sensible support of Suarez. bit ironic really. or maybe you were doing it in a sarcastic way, if thats the case i apologise for taking it as a serious comment

I actually considered deleting my previous post and just saying "Read my post again but this time in a scouse accent, as then you'd see the context differently"

but then i thought actually your post sums up exactly what i was talking about,

somebody having a perception of the agenda somebody was already going to get at rolling their eyes and formulating a counter arguement without listening or taking on board what the other side has to say and if that person has a point or not.

You said

"The Suarez racism thread highlighted that"

So you made a clear reference to the Liverpool supporters on this site, everyone on here knows I was the most vocal Liverpool fan in that topic so trying to sidestep and act as if my 'victim syndrome' is setting in and I'm seeing something that wasn't there is ridiculous.

When in the past have Liverpool fans defended the indefensible? When Hadji Diouf was spitting at people every other week I don't remember people defending him. I really don't recall us having any incidents bar the Suarez one that's been perceived as us defending something indefensible.

My bad I read that sentence as 'witch hunt is a bit over the top'.

I think we'll dub it the Mourinho defence.

no mourinho under chelsea played good football

not sexy football but good solid mechancial football

I love football and all the variety of styles it throws up... from all out defense to all out attack as long as it is a style worked by the manager and trained on, that needs some kind of intelligence and practice to execute

I love all the dark arts of football from diving to cynical fouls, handballs, mind games and bullying.

I severely detest non football(rugby) played by the likes of big sam and non styles(let them have the ball we we will nick something) like Chelsea in the CL last season.

But most i can not stand Xenophobia, Hypocrisy, Ignorance and the general holier than thou attitude that the English have especially the written press, ex pundits and the stupid football supporters who hang by the balls of everything these old boys(usually lpool, arsenal and west ham) guys say on TV and the Papers.

Disgusting

Feel sorry for the likes of Suarez, when his captain is the worst offender in the country... and is treated like a white knight.

MYTH

• Downvote 1

You said

"The Suarez racism thread highlighted that"

So you made a clear reference to the Liverpool supporters on this site, everyone on here knows I was the most vocal Liverpool fan in that topic so trying to sidestep and act as if my 'victim syndrome' is setting in and I'm seeing something that wasn't there is ridiculous.

When in the past have Liverpool fans defended the indefensible? When Hadji Diouf was spitting at people every other week I don't remember people defending him. I really don't recall us having any incidents bar the Suarez one that's been perceived as us defending something indefensible.

My bad I read that sentence as 'witch hunt is a bit over the top'.

You don't understand what I'm saying, can't be bothered to go into it again but in short,

You made some good points in the Suarez thread

People didn't feel to take them on board coz ur a Liverpool fan and was expected to defend him,

Generally Liverpool fans are seen as deluded and as having Rose tinted glasses,

This is something that stains even the level headed ones.

This causes people to dismiss your fanbase's support of Suarez.

I didn't criticise you in any of my post, I didn't say victim once or elude to it.

If what I said offended you due to you reading it and misunderstanding it I will apologise merely due to the fact that unlike the Suarez issue, with this you are talking absolute sh*t here and seem to be picking a fight with someone who came on to first state that the Witch hunt is over the top and getting out if hand,

And offer a reason as to why level headed support may be dismissed by people.

I'm done with this topic now as I'm not sure where this can go as you seem to be having trouble understanding the very basics of my initial post and so everything after that is getting increasingly confusing,

If you wake up 2moro with a smile on your face read the post again and understand I posted in support of you.

I understand what you're saying but you're one of the worst people on here for reducing things to partisanship especially where Liverpool fans are concerned.

In that topic you were saying that if I didn't support Liverpool I wouldn't have seen the incident the way I did when in fact had I been presented with the same evidence/context I'm pretty sure I would have.

Some football fans will swear black is white through the suport of their team, I aint one of them so when you basically label me as that type of fan yeah I'll object to it.

No offence taken, I aren't trying to pick a fight with you and as for your sideways apology

EvraSuarez.gif

this would've been a lot easier if you had taken the first line of my initial post the way it was written,

but due to you thinking i am biased or partisan against your club you inevitably saw it how it suited you to see it.

exactly the kind of thing i am saying people do to the level headed Liverpool fans, now you see how easy it is to get sucked into thinking one party has a agenda/party line that they are trying to put across. and disregard the things they try to say even when a valid point has been made,

if you had read the first line the way it was written i don't doubt this drawn out conversation/back an forth would've been avoided and we would've done everyone else a huge favour.

i however thank you for illustrating my point in such a ridiculous manner,

i will again reiterate the respect i gained for you in that thread despite our opposite view points. This however is a load of crap that would've been avoided if you had merely read what i wrote without coming into the thread with you own preconceived idea of what my thoughts were.

If i had signed in as a Liverpool fan on here you there's a fair chance you would've seen my comments in the initial post very very differently starting out with the very first CLEAR line.

i'm now done with this

It's not the first line of your post that made me respond or anything you said in relation to the current furore surrounding Suarez, it's when you insinuated that I was willing to overlook racism because one of the people involved plays for the club I support.

I've seen people including you allude to it on here a few times and it's way off the mark, in the grand scheme of things I'm black before I'm a Liverpool supporter.