Is diving the cancer of the game?

Kompressor

Suarez would get less stick than the other divers previously mentioned in this thread if he cut down on the over the top reactions when he gets awarded the foul but tries to get the player booked like this

and cut down on the hissy fits when the decisions doesn't go his way like this

[media=]

Cause it's got to the point where you expect that behaviour from Suarez at least once in every game

So it's understandable that refs will treat him as 'the boy who cried wolf' when he actually does get fouled

• Upvote 1

If only Suarez was as calm and reserved as Mr Rooney about decisions going against him he'd be treated better by refs, sorry it just doesn't work like that.

This happened against Norwich

suarezgif.gif

No penalty, no foul, no nothing.

I was surprised he didn't go nuts but I saw it as a conscious effort by him to not react.

then a week later this happens and the ref says he saw it but saw nothing wrong with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPJ4t6Bb8c

Basically what the refs are doing is declaring it open season on Suarez because all defenders are doing now is gesturing for him to get up after any challenge whether they've clipped or clattered him.

It's not the first line of your post that made me respond or anything you said in relation to the current furore surrounding Suarez, it's when you insinuated that I was willing to overlook racism because one of the people involved plays for the club I support.

I've seen people including you allude to it on here a few times and it's way off the mark, in the grand scheme of things I'm black before I'm a Liverpool supporter.

my point in reference to the first line is,

if you had read it correctly rather than how you wanted to it would've helped you form a better opinion of the point i was trying to make,

but you read the first line wrongly and it was all downhill from there. and you thought you had to get on the defensive when in actual fact i was defending Suarez against the witch hunt that is taking place, while stating a reason as to why it is taking place and why his level headed supporters among the liverpool fanbase are being overlooked and dismissed,

not even sure how this has gone down this road, i have read my initial post back again and even whatsapped it to my brother and a work collegue (who supports Wigan), with no background info and just asked them to read something and tell me what they think the message was getting at, they both got it perfectly

Which leaves me to think that you read it in the manner you did and saw an agenda merely because of who had posted the message, due to your preconceived opinion on that person,

i'll say it again if you had read the initial post properly this back and forth wouldn't have occurred.

if you take on board that the perception of Liverpool fans is one of one-eyed-ness/rose tinted and these fans damage the credibility of the balanced and more sensible ones then you will see what i'm on about and understand why when the sensible ones make sensible comments their credibility is questioned and they are dismissed.

can't believe this has gone this way, it'll teach me for sticking up for a diving buck tooth, Cheating, racist abuse giving twat and the sensible section of the Liverpool FC fanbase,

disclaimer, my views of Mr Luis Suarez do not in anyway take away from the fact that there is a definite witch hunt going on against him in regards to the diving issue which is unfair.

Rooney does the same as Suarez

I seen my man throw teenage tantrums and multiple hissy fits

The irony of a Man Utd fan talking about a player needing to show more restraint towards refs isn't lost on me, Rooney tells the ref to f*ck off casually almost every time I watch him play.

It was all set to change after the respect campaign though remember, it's a pity it only applied to Masch.

Rooney does the same as Suarez

I seen my man throw teenage tantrums and multiple hissy fits

Of course but he doesn't do nowhere near as much as Suarez does. That's the problem

haha you must be kidding me, Roone

It's not the first line of your post that made me respond or anything you said in relation to the current furore surrounding Suarez, it's when you insinuated that I was willing to overlook racism because one of the people involved plays for the club I support.

I've seen people including you allude to it on here a few times and it's way off the mark, in the grand scheme of things I'm black before I'm a Liverpool supporter.

my point in reference to the first line is,....

It's not what you said about the witch hunt that made me respond, it was the fact you alluded to me being willing to overlook racism through partisanship.

It wasn't and never has been the case. I would have been the first to say 'f*ck him' if I thought he was racist, Liverpool player or not.

Had your opening line been 'Suarez is a a wonderful player who's being treat like sh*t' and then gone on to say the same I'd have replied in the same way cos for someone to suggest I was willing to overlook racism because of the club I support is bullshit.

Rooney and Suarez both have a habit of diving and acting like a cry baby towards refs

Suarez does it much more often

I'm pretty sure there are many more examples of Rooney diving than there are of Suarez but it doesn't matter because that isn't why Suarez is being treated the way he is.

People don't like him and I have no problem with that but when officials start treating him differently a line has to be drawn.

I'm also sick to death of our players being thrown under the bus and being the face of everything that's wrong with the game time and time again when there are players out there doing it far more frequently and much worse.

To be honest this whole saga has highlighted about 5 elements of the game in this country that I hate with a passion.

i never said you'd turn a blind eye to racism.

if you think that when i said,

"football supporters are partisan, tribal and defensive of their own generally, and rose tinted, sometimes to the point of defending the indefensible, Liverpool fans are in this bracket big time, so on the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that"

if you think i was inferring that you were defending what you saw as racism you are wrong,

i'll simplify it all for you,

the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that

Due to the fact that in that thread you made decent points, not points i agreed with but points worthy of debate which i took notice of,

some people were not even willing to take your views on board.

FFS.

beg you garner a good understanding of what i'm saying before the tirade kicks into full force in future it'd help by actually reading the frigging post.

do it in a scouse accent if that helps.

It's cool Johnnie Cochran, I don't expect you to admit that your client is more guilty than any of the other defendants in this case

That's exactly my point there is no other defendants in this case, Bale dived the same day but who's name is in everyone's mouth?

Who's picture is being used in articles discussing the cancer of the game?

When Michael Owen was asked about diving within the game which player was mentioned as a point of reference?

When Sky Sports were asking every manager from the Blue Square upwards about whether diving is a problem who did they mention?

I'll give you a clue his first name isn't Gareth.

does anyone else think i was having a dig in this post?

the witch hunt is a bit over the top,

but the reality is, he doesn't help himself and his supporters don't help his cause with the one sidedness, of their views,

Fergie showed the best way to go about it when he openly slewed Young for Diving last season, he'd of loved for Young to of done that same thing against City late last season or at the end of that Everton game, but he see's that there's going to be an ongoing arguement/debate about how bad diving is so he nails his flag to the mast pubicly as someone who is prepared to have a go at his own players if need be, this instantly increases the weight of his comments whenever he comments on diving,

I.E " I have always been against diving, i've even called my own players out about it in the past, but that man over there (insert name of public hate figure of the time) is far worse and needs to be brought to task about it.

People think the media are bias in favour of him but its not the case, its just the case that he plays the game very very well and works it to his own benefit, In the same way Jose does/did. added to the success he's achieved......

football supporters are partisan, tribal and defensive of their own generally, and rose tinted, sometimes to the point of defending the indefensible, Liverpool fans are in this bracket big time, so on the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that,

I understand the 100% support mentality but it does nothing for credibility

on the topic of Suarez, if anyone thinks he's scapegoated just because of diving they're wrong,

1, Handball against Ghana

2,Biting opponents

3,Pulling the hair of opponents,

4, Racism saga

5,non handshake,

6 hysterics

7, he's foreign

8, quite good

9, THE DIVING

10,the media need a figure head/face/name to target.

and i have probably missed thngs

now some of these i don't really see a problem with, but in conjunction with everything else, with some of these he does himself no favours.

i never said you'd turn a blind eye to racism.

if you think that when i said,

"football supporters are partisan, tribal and defensive of their own generally, and rose tinted, sometimes to the point of defending the indefensible, Liverpool fans are in this bracket big time, so on the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that"

if you think i was inferring that you were defending what you saw as racism you are wrong,

i'll simplify it all for you,

the occasion's they bring up a good point of defense for Suarez it is often overlooked.

The Suarez racism thread highlighted that

Due to the fact that in that thread you made decent points, not points i agreed with but points worthy of debate which i took notice of,

some people were not even willing to take your views on board.

FFS.

beg you garner a good understanding of what i'm saying before the tirade kicks into full force in future it'd help by actually reading the frigging post.

do it in a scouse accent if that helps.

I may have misinterpreted what you said which would be my bad but in the context of the discussions we've had about the incident I don't think I am wrong in taking it that way. On quite a few occasions you've suggested I backed Suarez because he plays for Liverpool.

coz i like many others on here (probably) reckon, had Evra been playing for Liverpool and Suarez for United, that you two would merely just have swapped posts.

the root of each of your stances comes from the team your alligned to,

If that wasn't what you were getting at this time then my bad, but given the context I'm sure you can see how it could be misinterpreted.

It's cool Johnnie Cochran, I don't expect you to admit that your client is more guilty than any of the other defendants in this case

That's exactly my point there is no other defendants in this case, Bale dived the same day but who's name is in everyone's mouth?

When Michael Owen was asked about diving within the game which player was mentioned as a point of reference?

When Sky Sports were asking every manager from the Blue Square upwards about whether diving is a problem who did they mention?

The stamp by Huth should have stole the headlines more than Bale's dive tbh

We all know that there is a bias towards foreign players from refs/media

And that's why Suarez does himself no favours by living up to the stereotype on a weekly basis which is why I said he should cut down on his over the top antics

but that doesn't include me saying that you are defending what you see as racism, its merely saying that had you approached the arguement from a different perspective you may have seen certain things differently and had a different opinion of who was lying in the case.

i'm pretty sure that anyone who actually thought in their own mind that he was guilty wouldn't have gone to such measures to defend him, its the fact that it seemed that you weren't willing to accept that he could be guilty that got up my nose,

The stamp by Huth should have stole the headlines more than Bale's dive tbh

We all know that there is a bias towards foreign players from refs/media

And that's why Suarez does himself no favours by living up to the stereotype on a weekly basis which is why I said he should cut down on his over the top antics

I Agree Suarez doesn't always help himself but when he has made a conscious effort to restrain himself the result has been the same so I also understand his frustration getting the better of him.

Add to that he's a flawed genius, if you try to subdue his intensity and freak like will to win you're going to take away from what makes him a special player so you have to accept him warts and all. Similar to Cantona in a sense, in one breath he'll have you questioning why you put up with his madness but in another he'll produce a reminder in the form of some magic.

The bias and casual xenophobic attitudes are nothing new but it doesn't get any easier to ignore.

Annoying yes but would hardly call it a cancer . Nowhere near as bad as parking the bus for about 4 games like chelsea did to win the champions league . Made a mockery out of the beautiful game . Far worse than diving imo

What I hate about statements about teams that park the bus is the fact that so many teams have tried it and failed against the likes of Barcelona. They will 99 times out of 100 find a way past your stubborn defence, so when a team does succeed with it, surely we should be congratulating them for it? Yes? No?

If Messi, the greatest footballer on the universe, doesn't miss his spotkick, this statement becomes null and void, and more than likely the floodgates open.

Sometimes, it really is just written in the stars and it's your time.