No Blacks. No Irish. No Dogs. London letting agents 'refuse black tenants'

Illusion

i duno if he meant competitive pricing really

but if u have 3 shops in the same area, 1 low price, 1 medium price, 1 high price, then you're targeting 3 different sections of the same market, increasing ur market share

whereas if you just targeted the more affluent, you'd be missing out on the cheapskates, n vice versa

u can sell basically the same product or service n jus market it differently

that's not an explanation

Many ways you can look at it

The obvious one is money is falling to the same pocket

Customer who left shop 1 will head to shop 2. Mention the bargain offer he was declined in shop 1 giving the shop keeper in shop 2 more bargaining power by either under cutting or keeping it at the same price. Leaving the buyer with no choice.

The seller is winning regardless

how is the seller better off when they've reduced their price, rather than have the original price at both stores so the buyer has no choice but to pay it?

but if u have 3 shops in the same area, 1 low price, 1 medium price, 1 high price, then you're targeting 3 different sections of the same market, increasing ur market share

whereas if you just targeted the more affluent, you'd be missing out on the cheapskates, n vice versa

well yeah that'd make sense, assuming these 3 shops were in 3 different areas

nah take away the undercutting

its like the price match supermarkets do 

except they are not doing it against rivals, all the money is staying in the same family

and say 1 shop will have certain things for cheap and others at a more inflated price.... so if the main thing you want is at the inflated price you will goto the other shop.... but people are unlikely to split their shop to buying some from here and some from there.... so eventually they will pay inflated prices for certain items because they went into the shop intending to buy what they were originally after for a cheaper price.

for example if you went to one shop to buy 3 bottles of coke and 1 fanta and 1 sprite... the fanta and sprite cost £1 in the shop but the bottle of coke costs £1.50 but you know in the other shop it is £1.... you goto the other shop get your 3 bottles of coke, when you realise the fanta and sprite costs £1.50, you're unlikely to go back to the first shop again and just end up paying more....

thats why the cost of items always vary

also why when you go tesco and they have a deal for something 1 week, next week you are likely to see the same deal at sainsburys or asda.....

how is the seller better off when they've reduced their price, rather than have the original price at both stores so the buyer has no choice but to pay it?

well yeah that'd make sense, assuming these 3 shops were in 3 different areas

dont necessarily have to be in different areas if its marketed differently, packaging, nice clean shop etc

like ford used to own jaguar n the x type used basically a ford engine with a few mods, similar product, completely different market

but i duno if this really applies to weaves n 3 different shops pricing each other out of products that are obviously the same wouldnt really make sense tbh, not really sure the illusion of competition is that important

would be better to have a fixed price

just an example bro

you're either trolling 

or you are not as smart as i gave you credit for

• Upvote 2

Coopied and pasted from two different interviews

Dont fully agree,some bits are gassed but certain bits are similar to stuff posted in here

We spend almost $500 billion annually in this country and we don’t have ish. That don’t make sense. And you know why? We go buy the Nike sneakers, the Addidas, the Mercedes Benz car and we don’t own ish. With all of this money we spend we still don’t own nothing. We gotta look like the dumbest (people). You go to any Black neighborhood and find me a Black business, not a Jamaican restaurant – I mean an African-American business. We might have two soulfood restaurants in the whole Bed Stuy, but you got 40 million Chinese restaurants. And you got 30 Arab Kennedy Fried Chicken joints. Then you got all of these Spanish nail shops. This is a Black neighborhood – where all all of the Black businesses at?

Cedric Muhammad: It looks like the United Nations.

Saigon: Exactly.

Cedric Muhammad: Everybody’s got their flag up but us.

Saigon: But us. In our neighborhood. In our hood, taking our money. You go to a Jewish neighborhood, they are not going to no Chinese restaurants. What, are you kidding me? They are eating Maza Balls, B. All day. They are not going to spend any money at the Kennedy Fried Chicken. You might have one rebellious Jew who does that, you know what I mean (laughter)? And he feels like he is rebelling against what he is supposed to be doing. He’s like‘F-—k that I’m going to be down with the Blacks.’ And that one will go and step outside of their circle. But they understand the importance of economy. We actually create the economy. The only way we can go and hurt these mo---- f-----rs? We can’t go and pick up guns. The only way we can finally make them show their true colors and come to the table and reason with us and fix our communities (is through economics)...that’s my whole beef.

Fix up the community man. That’s it. When I go to the ghetto and I see some of the living conditions, people shouldn’t live like that in America where there is all of this money here. Fix up people’s living conditions man. Start telling us the truth. Start letting us learn on our own. That is my big qualm. It ain’t like I want to k#ll the White Man. Nah, I’m not a racist, I’m not like that, but fair is fair. Be fair all the way around the board. Don’t tell us, everybody is free and everybody is equal, meanwhile you are making us live in these slums, and you got us living in some harsh f---ed up living conditions, while you live good. That don’t make sense. We aren’t the same or equal – equal how? This ain’t equal to me. And we have got to start economizing to start trying to save our money, start some Black businesses and recycle some of this money in our neighborhoods so we can start having our own.

With a buying power of nearly 1 trillion annually, if Blacks were a country, they'd be the 16th largest country in the world

Blacks make more shopping trips than all other groups, but spend less money per trip. Blacks in higher income brackets, also spend 300 percent more in higher end retail grocers more than any other high-income household.

There were 23.9 million active Black Internet users in July 2011--76 percent of whom visited a social networking/blog site.

Thirty-three percent of all Blacks own a smart phone.

Black Americans use more than double the amount of mobile phone voice minutes compared to whites--1,298 minutes a month vs. 606.

This is not the first report to find a growth in black spending. In 2010 the African-Americans Revealed study reported that black buying power was at about $913 billion with a projected increase to $1.2 trillion by 2013. Boyce Watkins, a professor of business at Syracuse, said he was not surprised by studies with these kinds of results.

"Unfortunately, when African-Americans make money, we spend it. We don't use it to invest or produce," he told BlackAmericanweb.com. "When we get our tax refund, we go straight to the store."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/black-buying-power-to-rea_n_1086369.html

• Upvote 1

The benefits of having three shops in a area selling the same product is usually lower wholesale prices per unit as your buying more stock, and blocking other entrepreneurs from stepping into your domain. Plus of course fooling people into not thinking they spending all their money on just you, like they work to pay you.