"The Frenchman moved to Spain with the reputation of a gunman but seemingly hasn't bought any bullets with him"

Guest Ryan

The Spanish media on Thierry Henry.They say he has lost his pace, his touch and his dribbling ability.All the things us Gunners were saying last season.I was hoping that once he got 100% fit he'd be back to near his best but it seems he's still in steady decline which is not nice to hear considering he's probably our best player ever and an absolute legend.Hopefully he'll regain his previous form by the end of this season and have a few more seasons winning things with Barca.His move has also coincided with a great start by us on all fronts (early days obviously) but nonetheless our team spirit appears second to none now and we haven't missed him so far although this may change with van Persie currently out for about 6 weeks.Now with everything considered my question is,Did we sell him at the right time for all parties involved?

hes still got all that i see him blitz down left wing leaving hutton for dead who is meant to be a pacey right backHerny is just sh*t any gerrard doesnt seem as good if he isnt the main manhe is a player that the team needs to be built around not a player who comes in and does a job at left wing(like super wayne)he still has everything you mentioned though

Guest the_truth_hurts

Still brilliant, just not fully fit its as clar as day. The fact that E'toos been outs meant Henrys been a bit lonely up front. He's most dangerous whens hes got a strike partner not when he's got 2 players (ronnie and Messi) restricting him by standing where he wants to make his runs. Anyway he will come good. Arsenal did sell him at the right time though because they seem much more varied without him there and goals are now coming from all over the pitch. Still the best striker in the world bar the original Ronaldo.

Guest I.B.Blackman
hes still got all that i see him blitz down left wing leaving hutton for dead who is meant to be a pacey right backHerny is just sh*t any gerrard doesnt seem as good if he isnt the main manhe is a player that the team needs to be built around not a player who comes in and does a job at left wing(like super wayne)he still has everything you mentioned though
SMH

The notion that he has lost his pace and dribbling abilities is laughable.It has more to do with not being able to adjust to the Spanish league as quickly as he would have liked.In the games ive seen him play he seems to be playing within himself as if hes still trying to get a feel of his new team mates, new surroundings and new league etc...He has come from being at Arsenal for X number of years where he was hailed and marveled into a team that has enough creative talent to win the CL twice over so he's warranted to be off form a couple games here and there.

He's still got it but he's being starved of the ball @ Barca, everyone looks for Messi & Messi looks to shoot 8/10.He'll come good soon enough & remember man don't speak any spanish, communication must be hard so the only way he can blend in with the team is to play more games & learn how the team works.

Yes, we sold him at the right time. He's still got it tho. He just ain't the main man like he was at Arsenal.Sad to hear he's not been given a chance by the media tho.He's the only Arsenal player to have left that I genuinely do wish success on.
I really wish I could feel that way but his attitude on the pitch for the past 2 seasons have pissed me off too much...

Iv only seen a couple Barca games and Henry has played as a central striker on the shoulder of the last manIs this how he plays for Barca every game?He will always score goals, of course he aint as quick as he was in 03/04 but hes still fastHenry has neve progressed in a no.9 type role, him and Nicolas Anelka play as Wingers/Strikers an thrive on being able to move around the final 3rd and cut in from the left.