Ronaldo must prove it against the big boys

MrJibbles

wud never score that type of goal against evra rio vidic brown now if he tried....people are forgetting hes only 23...(ronaldo)only reason he doesnt do it against the big teams as much is because they pay more attention to him and they have better and more experienced players to try keep him on lock...sooner of later he is going to destroy a ''big team'' on his ones doe imo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaka raped Man Utd in the champs league last year.Ronaldo was nowhere.He aint on them levels yet in my opinion.
lol Where's Kaka for the 30+ games that actually get you in the competition? His team are struggling to hold down a UEFA cup spot right now.I aren't even backing Ronaldo I just think its laughable that because Kaka played well in a semi final and Ronaldo didn't it sums up the players on the whole.

lol at not seing that that is poor defendintake nothin away from kaka thotook it with classbare wingers have dominated gamesaddin to the ones already saidRONALDO VS ARSENAL (FA CUP FINAL ARSENAL WON ON PENS)RONALDO VS ARSENAL (MAN U WON 4-2)OVERMARS VS MAN UNITED (ARSENAL TITLE DECIDER WON 1 - 0 OLD TRAFFORD)DAVID GINOLA VS MAN U (WHL FUK NOS THE YEAR)FRANK RIBERY (ANY GAME FOR BAYERN)AARON LENNON (SPURS VS CHELSEA 2-0 SPURS AT WHL)figo (portugal vs england euro 2002)ryan giggs vs juventus old trafford 98?messi any game hes ever played

I rate Ronaldo alot more now but I still think Kaka is better.
Lets be real, Ronaldo will NEVER have the technical ability Kaka possesses.But Ronaldo (as sum1 said b4 me) is a physical phenomenon and Kaka cant live with his pace/power and athletisicm, Ronaldo is more effective than Kaka over a whole season.But in the big games where the other teams have players with the attributes to combat that you need a magician, a genius to break the deadlock. In those type of games youd want kaka in your side EVERYTIME cos while you can combat physical prowess like for like, there is NO answer to a moment of genius.
Topic done.

Wingers can definitely have a major influence on games but like bare people have said Ronaldo does not play as a winger for the majority of the time at Man United. Its like Gerrard, he may start out wide right but he doesn't play like a traditional winger which is why he has been able to be so influential over the years in the big games. lol at nobody mentioning his performances in big games.

Depends on what you call influential. Some game ronaldo can score two goals but be pretty quite apart from that.He wont be in the game all the time and will have quite long periods of not doing much but will still create and score goals at some point.Where someone else might dictate the game for alot of the game but not make as much as a impact.

How am I talking bollocks?Ronaldo does f*ck all in Europe against the best.Look at all great players, they do it when it matters as great players = the difference between winning things and getting knocked out every year.
So where do you place Gerrard at his peak amongst the world best?Just a reminder, he has won every club competition bar the league and scored in every major final.

To be honest what has anyone done for england recently? They have great players who play well for england but it doesnt matter because no-one has yet worked out correct tactics for the players available. All you need for gerrard to be effective is not having him f*ck*ng running back to defend. Its all good saying lampard and gerrard are both good CM's but difference is gerrard will run the length of the pitch the chase someone with the ball if he has to, f*ckin lardass wont. Gerrard both attacking and defending during a match >>>> lampards overall contribution to a match. Thats why that partnership dont work Gerrard aint a DM no matter how much ppl want him to be and he has to play more that role with lampard as his CM partner because lampard cant. Put him playing with 2 DM type of players behind him he will terrorise teams, he's been doing it recently. Masch and Alonso sitting behind him covering the back 4 he hasnt got to chase back all the time he can concentrate on attacking, what hes best at. What has england as a whole done in all honesty. They need to start playing their players in their best role. 4-2-3-1 would work. Rooney up top Gerrard just behind with two decent wingers either side of himHargreaves/barry and carrick sitting infront of the back 4. so simple

will be intrestin to see what capello does with gerrard lampard
Dats what im waiting to see. Only thing that annoys me is, gerrard will see an opportunity and go for it if its a decent one whereas lampard will just shoot with like 4-5 men infront of him. Lampard aint even as sh*t as he seems but he makes the shittest decisions ever sometimes and still gets praise.

whats gerrard done for england
the topic is 5 pages long and you've been active throughout not mentioning International football. Yet as soon as Gerrard gets mentioned you start talking about England?Champions League has been used as the most accurate measure throughout the topic so why not stick with that?

the point im making agaisnt shitter teams ronaldo has a license to roam where he wants and he gets a lot more of the ball and influences the game a lot morebut against bigger teams often he plays a disciplined role on the right wing probably spending as much time in the full back area if not mor then the oppositions penalty area thats whay some people say hes sh*t against big teams but they dont notice him playing a team game

Lets be real, Ronaldo will NEVER have the technical ability Kaka possesses.But Ronaldo (as sum1 said b4 me) is a physical phenomenon and Kaka cant live with his pace/power and athletisicm, Ronaldo is more effective than Kaka over a whole season.But in the big games where the other teams have players with the attributes to combat that you need a magician, a genius to break the deadlock. In those type of games youd want kaka in your side EVERYTIME cos while you can combat physical prowess like for like, there is NO answer to a moment of genius.
Topic done.
Hmm, yer i kinda agree with you herebut the thing that makes Ronaldo better IMO is that you see that magician, a genius to break the deadlock and a moment of genius that your on about, Ronaldo is more than capable of that alsoso not only is he a physical phenom unlike Kaka, he is also possesses that moment of magic that Kaka can provide alsoso you get the best of both worlds with Ronaldo, which is why Kaka has been pie for the most of this season, scoring 12 goals and 5 assists, with 6 of them being penalties and Milan not winning at home for wat was it 5-10 matches...

How am I talking bollocks?Ronaldo does f*ck all in Europe against the best.Look at all great players, they do it when it matters as great players = the difference between winning things and getting knocked out every year.
lol yesterday was ur sh*t chatting day initlol he does f*ck all in europe like he hasnt scored or played sick in knock out stages, champions league semi finals and quarter finalsallow it matty boy

lol yesterday was ur sh*t chatting day initlol he does f*ck all in europe like he hasnt scored or played sick in knock out stages, champions league semi finals and quarter finalsallow it matty boy
thank uand flojo told u also why ur talking sh*t nm go play ur ps3

some of you lot are so sillyKaka scored a sick goal against man U in the 1st leg yes, the 2nd goal, the defenders made a stupid mistake which granted him a 1 on 1 with the keeper (Evra knocking Heinze over)2nd Leg, took hes first goal exceptionally well, and played well through out the match, even thoguh Gattuso was man of the match, but ye it was against our 2nd choice defence with a 10% fit Vidiic who got rushed back from injury..played sick yes, but actually taking time to think about his "individual brilliance" he produced over the 2 legs that everyone hypes about, you will actually realise in the situations given, it wasn't actually THATTT great..but football is football, f*ck excuses, hes still the 2nd best player in the world happy.gif
Kaka nodded the ball between the space and ran round them onto his own pass.Brilliant.

without any doubt kaka made that goal happen just to clear that sh*t up, that header was crucial. But end of the day ronaldo = worlds best right nowim not a man u fan and other ppl hate on him but i dnt feel the need 2 hes sick end of.
Didnt even get to this post yet, glad someone else see's the goal for what it was.

Topic done.
Hmm, yer i kinda agree with you herebut the thing that makes Ronaldo better IMO is that you see that magician, a genius to break the deadlock and a moment of genius that your on about, Ronaldo is more than capable of that alsoso not only is he a physical phenom unlike Kaka, he is also possesses that moment of magic that Kaka can provide alsoso you get the best of both worlds with Ronaldo, which is why Kaka has been pie for the most of this season, scoring 12 goals and 5 assists, with 6 of them being penalties and Milan not winning at home for wat was it 5-10 matches...
Im not sure about that still, the genius I speak of is Zidane's volley against Leverkusen in the Champions league final, Kaka is capable of that, I dont think Ronaldo is.The goal where Kaka controlled it with the outside of the boot and curled it in the top corner, thats elegance, I havent seen that type of thing from Ronaldo.Ronaldo's game is power and pace thats why he couldnt get any scraps from Gattuso last season, once you halt the power and pace theres nothing else.

Guest Tronics

Ronaldo>Kaka.All day everyday.I swear if everyone's opinion changes about Ronaldo 'abililty' when we win the CL it'll just prove how clueless some people are.Everyone is quick to throw around the 'World Class' tag but when certain man don't wanna recognise what Ronaldo is to the world game?!?! Some nonsense imo.