The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

nani would have and maybe still will get a new contract if he stops trying to be a rebel. Its not even about money, because united always play hardbal in negotiations, its about his attitude and the way he thinks he can act up to make the club give him a new deal

Nani is too much

Sir Alex prefers a workman like winger and a winger who offers nothing apart from cutting inside from the left hand side and whipping the ball in with his right foot

A workman like winger like Ronaldo? #leaveityeh

Cristiano Ronaldo left in 2009

:/

porchy you are chatting sh*t on this one. If nani falls in line a deal will get signed. If not he'll be on to russia or whoever else stumps up the 20-25Ms by the end of the week. Nothing yo do with whether or not SAF likes a certain type of winger. Nani started the 1st game of the season and would have at least been in the squad for the 2nd.

Nani is too much

Sir Alex prefers a workman like winger and a winger who offers nothing apart from cutting inside from the left hand side and whipping the ball in with his right foot

A workman like winger like Ronaldo? #leaveityeh

Cristiano Ronaldo left in 2009

:/

But Fergie was trying to sign Hazard/Lucas to play on the wing this summer

Kagawa wants more from United

Cleverley thinks new team-mate already looks a class act

Last Updated: August 27, 2012 12:58pm

Rising Manchester United star Shinji Kagawa has called for his new team-mates to show more belief in order to make the best of his talents.

The £12million summer signing put in another classy performance on Saturday in the 3-2 victory over Fulhamspacer.gif at Old Trafford.spacer.gif

Kagawa, on his home debut, scored United's second goal and also built on his impressive display from last Monday amid his club's ultimately disappointing defeat at Everton.spacer.gif

The playmaker this weekend enjoyed a promising partnership with Robin van Persie,spacer.gif which bodes well after Wayne Rooneyspacer.gif was ruled out of four weeks, but he also wants more from his colleagues.

Kagawa said in the Daily Star: "I want to improve parts of my game. I think the combination play with the other players will improve match by match.

"We pass the ball sideways a lot, but I want my team-mates to pass the ball forward to my feet. I need to speak to them about this.

"I want them to have the confidence to play it up to me when I'm ahead of them. That is one of my strengths and style. I want to be on the ball more. I want to be busier."

England international Tom Cleverley is one of the men tasked with feeding the ball to Kagawa and the midfielder thinks the former Borussia Dortmundspacer.gif man already looks an excellent signing.

Cleverley said: "He is brilliant. He has settled in really well. He links defence with attack. He gets on the half-turn and creates chances.

"I cannot speak highly enough of him. I love playing with him - one and two touch, high-energy football. We are on the same wavelength."

tiger-woods-sm-fist-pump-o.gif

kobeten.gif

clap7.gif

• Upvote 4

When carrick steps back into midfield I expect him to be providing kags with plenty of those midfield splitting passes

:rofl:

carrick will be be passing sideways for the rest of his life

• Downvote 3

I haven't seen a man polarise opinion amongst the fanbase like Carrick since Veron. On Monday I witnessed to grown men have a drawn out debate/argument/discussion about him, completely opposing views on his relevance to the team but they were both talking sense.

When carrick steps back into midfield I expect him to be providing kags with plenty of those midfield splitting passes

c/s

The movement of Cleverley and Kagawa will give him more opportunities to play them passes

/

[media=]

[/media]
  • Upvote 1

I haven't seen a man polarise opinion amongst the fanbase like Carrick since Veron. On Monday I witnessed to grown men have a drawn out debate/argument/discussion about him, completely opposing views on his relevance to the team but they were both talking sense.

i think he does a decent job breaking up play and retaining possession, but i have no idea why people seem to think hes the guy who slides in through balls and tries to release people in between the lines, because he really doesnt. Hes mr safety 1st, and safety is sideways. He only ever gets brave when united are winning comfortably and then it doesnt matter

• Upvote 1

Correct me if i am wrong but the last 2 seasons hasn't Nani provided the most assists in the league? In this case those who say he is inconsistant the stats go againist this he also is in the top 5 most assists in the premiership past 6 years or something i heard. It was Nani who was a major part of United winning the title in 2011 as well along with Berbatov. Fan's can't forget these things.

I Know I'm in the minority but I've never rated Nani like that. He's capable but he's mad inconsistent.

Valencia is the best winger in the country for me. And Ashley Young can easily replace Nani's job of killing shite teams and Arsenal.

Big fan of Velencia but no chance Valencia does not score enough goals or provide set pieces. His game is simple dribbling past the left back and putting in good crosses and he does this very well no doubt about that. But you have other Wingers who do just that but more as well like score goals in the double figures, score free kicks, drift into the centre and play through balls etc. Overall Nani and Young do all these things while Valencia mainly stays on the right hugs the touchline and puts in crosses. If you are talking about best delivery and best crosser in the country than you have a stong case.

Dimitar Berbatov has lost respect for Alex Ferguson over the way his Manchester United career came to an end.

The Bulgarian striker, who moved to Fulham on transfer deadline day on Friday, said he was unhappy with the way the United manager had treated him in the final months of his four-year stay at Old Trafford.

"I don't think I deserved such treatment at United - not playing (regularly) in the last year," Berbatov told a news conference at Bulgaria's Vasil Levski national stadium in Sofia.

"I went more than 10, probably 15, times to ask the coach if they need me. And every time I was told that I'm an important player and should not leave, but then again I was not in the team.

"Maybe I should've gone when he (Ferguson) left me out of the squad for the Champions League final (in 2011).

"I know he's the boss, but he has lost, to some extent, my respect because of the way he treated me."

Berbatov became United's most expensive player when he joined from Tottenham Hotspur in 2008 for £30.75 million, and was the Premier League's joint top-scorer in the 2010-2011 season with 20 goals.

The player's agent, Emil Danchev, said on Monday that Berbatov had received a late offer from Spurs at the end of the transfer window.

"We were in touch with Tottenham at the last moment," Danchev said, adding that 12 clubs wanted to sign the striker.

Berbatov, who on Monday confounded expectations in Bulgaria that he would come out of international retirement, said he fell victim to a change in United's style of play.

"He (Ferguson) tried to explain to me that the team will be using a more direct style, with more speed," he said. "But I've never been among the fastest players, I like to hold the ball, this is my style.

"I found it hard to accept his decision (not to play him) - I still have my dignity. I scored many goals, I won the league two times, and I was the league top scorer, so it's not bad.

"I'll have no problems playing against United as this already happened in my career. But there's no point to look back again. I said goodbye to the people, who deserve it. I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson."

Berbatov's transfer to Fulham proved controversial in Italy, as he twice turned down offers from Serie A clubs at the last minute to stay in the Premier League.

Berbatov denied he had acted inappropriately in his dealings with Fiorentina and Juventus.

"I've never personally told them, 'Yes, I'll play for you'," he said. "It's not my problem that someone is disappointed. After all, I choose where to play and be happy."

The 31-year-old angered Fiorentina when he turned his back on them last Thursday, one day before the end of the transfer window. The player then rejected the chance to move to Italian champions Juve.

"He did not deserve our city and our shirt and the values it represents," Fiorentina said in a statement.

Berbatov said: "It's stressful. One club called, then another, and a third, and then another. A man can go crazy at one point. I'm a human being and it's normal for me to hesitate."

Berbatov was in Sofia ahead of Bulgaria's 2014 World Cup qualifying game against Italy on Friday. He was called up for his country's qualifiers against Italy and Armenia but insisted he would not return to the national side.

"(Coach) Luboslav Penev was the only one who made everything possible to make me feel welcome, so that I can see that he wants me back," he said.

"We met at least twice, as friends. We discussed it but at the end of the day, the choice I made in the past still stands."

Berbatov, Bulgaria's all-time leading scorer with 48 goals, quit the team in 2010 hinting that fatigue and family commitments were behind the decision.

Every time I think about Berbatov I get angry at Fergie

But not because he didn't play him or treated him unfairly, for this...

United eye Colombia starlet Falcao as £15m alternative to pricey Spurs striker Berbatov

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:30 AM on 02nd July 2008

Manchester United have earmarked £15million-rated Colombia striker Falcao as an alternative to Tottenham target Dimitar Berbatov, according to reports.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has received glowing reports on the prolific River Plate forward - full name Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate.

Falcao, 22, is similar in style to United striker Carlos Tevez, and has scored 38 goals in 58 games for his Argentine club.

His strike rate has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Juventus, according to The Daily Mirror.

Berbatov remains United's top summer transfer target but Spurs are reluctant to sell to another English club, which is why they have quoted a fee of £30m for their prized asset.

Tottenham are willing to accept a lower price from a foreign side, but do not want to see Berbatov go to one of the Premier League's big four while they themselves have Champions League ambitions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz25Rk2ZoxJ

We had scouts watching River Plate games, at the time his agent said he would fancy a move to the prem but we settled for Berbatov instead

Rage_Guy_FFFFFFUUUUU.jpg

manly-tears.gif

• Upvote 3