Do the Ends really know what Funky House is?

I.B.Blackman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol@Basstone being Garage
Do you think bass tone is new? I was made many years ago around the time of speed garage. You need to know your history before you ever try take the piss out of facts. Was a tune that came out with classic todd edwards, tuffjam and similar artists/tracks. Learn your musical history boy!
You should take his advice Spawn, heard your an up coming DJ. You should send a mix cd to Rinse, and from there maybe one day you'll get a show on one of them legal radio stations like Kiss FM for example.

Do you think bass tone is new? I was made many years ago around the time of speed garage. You need to know your history before you ever try take the piss out of facts. Was a tune that came out with classic todd edwards, tuffjam and similar artists/tracks. Learn your musical history boy!
You should take his advice Spawn, heard your an up coming DJ. You should send a mix cd to Rinse, and from there maybe one day you'll get a show on one of them legal radio stations like Kiss FM for example.
ROFL :D

Hear what you silly c*nt.Basstone was released on Strictly Rhythm records, one of the most legendary house labels, in 1994 back when Todd Edwards was still making teas at Nervous records and Matt Lamont was carrying bricks on a building site dreaming of DJing at the Frog and Nightgown.It is house music. On a house label. Played by House DJs. Before Garage even existed in this country.

Hear what you silly c*nt.Basstone was released on Strictly Rhythm records, one of the most legendary house labels, in 1994 back when Todd Edwards was still making teas at Nervous records and Matt Lamont was carrying bricks on a building site dreaming of DJing at the Frog and Nightgown.It is house music. On a house label. Played by House DJs. Before Garage even existed in this country.
Tell him again. CK Flash has got issues, dont know why he is trying to educate people like say he is some expert on house and been listening to it for years when he probably jumped on the same bandwagon as the majority of 'Funky House' listeners, only he went the other way and prefers electro....

'Funky House' might as well be a seperate genre from house cos it's all wack, as is this 'electro' scene (complete rape of a name of one of the most influential genres ever).I really don't understand the appeal of tunes like 'Heater'. f*ck*ng horrendous tune.Real house is the stuff influenced by Frankie Knuckles, Carl Craig, Kenny Dope etc. etc.

This is funky house because it is a blend of funk music (bass riff, use of rhythm guitars played in fifths) and House music (4x4 drum pattern, use of synthesizers).Why are people sending me tracks that are pack up of stupidly arranged midi drumkits and rebore high pitched vocals?
Basstone is garage, just because the 4x4 rift is popular again, people like yourself, call it funky house. Its stupid, like when everyone called mylo's drop the pressure and put your hands up for detroit funky house too, just silly.*EDIT*Some of them tunes on your youtube are differentCommercial house (what can be considered what black people first called funky house before the trible crap):Michael Gray - "the weekend", "borderline"Alan Braxe ft Fred - falkethe love freaks - ShineM Gee ft mica paris - body swerveElectro house:Mylo - Drop the pressureJunior Jack - stupid disco (dear me)Garage:Sole Fusion - Bass tone
You are confused, seriously.You actually do not know what you're talking about - come like some expert when so evidently you have the most basic knowledge of the genre.lol at Alan Braxe ft Fred - falke. Is 'falke' a good tune?Sums it up.Do some research.Levels of ignorance are high.

This is funky house because it is a blend of funk music (bass riff, use of rhythm guitars played in fifths) and House music (4x4 drum pattern, use of synthesizers).Why are people sending me tracks that are pack up of stupidly arranged midi drumkits and rebore high pitched vocals?
Basstone is garage, just because the 4x4 rift is popular again, people like yourself, call it funky house. Its stupid, like when everyone called mylo's drop the pressure and put your hands up for detroit funky house too, just silly.*EDIT*Some of them tunes on your youtube are differentCommercial house (what can be considered what black people first called funky house before the trible crap):Michael Gray - "the weekend", "borderline"Alan Braxe ft Fred - falkethe love freaks - ShineM Gee ft mica paris - body swerveElectro house:Mylo - Drop the pressureJunior Jack - stupid disco (dear me)Garage:Sole Fusion - Bass tone
You are confused, seriously.You actually do not know what you're talking about - come like some expert when so evidently you have the most basic knowledge of the genre.lol at Alan Braxe ft Fred - falke. Is 'falke' a good tune?Sums it up.Do some research.Levels of ignorance are high.
LOL

I WANT HIM TO REPLY TO THISLOOL @ CALLING THE THE TUNE FALKE COULD OF DONE IT BY MISTAKE BUT BOYYYYYY LOOOL MANS CLUELESS

So as morels Groove, but was classified as garage. These were the time that TuffJam and all them old skool heads were breaaking garage. So, lol at you fool.

MorEl's Groove Pt4, also on Strictly Rhythm, came out in 1994.Just because people started playing it in the UK 2 years after it was released doesn't mean it isn't a house record. Next you will be telling me Azzido Da Bass is garage?

Just actually watched the video for the first time just now.Didn't realise that tune was on there.The name of the song was in front of you and you still didn't clock.Baffed.

• 8 months later...
So as morels Groove, but was classified as garage. These were the time that TuffJam and all them old skool heads were breaaking garage. So, lol at you fool.
Do none of you know what House and G is?

Guest Sorter.
Funky as you know it, needs a new name to properly distingush it from the real genre
yeah, dont know how the funky name stuck seeing as funky house was blatenly hed kandi commercial sh*t...bloody bandwagon jumpers