The Official Transfer Speculation Thread

HangTheDJ

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool Football Club today confirmed that Swiss international defender Philipp Degen will sign a contract with the club on July 1. The right sided full-back - who will represent his country at this summer's European Championships - is out of contract with Borussia Dortmund this summer and has opted to begin a new career on Merseyside from next season. Degen, 25, spent four seasons in his homeland with FC Basel before his move to the Bundeslga and will provide competition for Steve Finnan and Alvaro Arbeloa in the right-back role at Anfield. Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said: "Philipp is still young but has gained great experience from playing in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund and on the international stage with Switzerland. He also played in the Champions League during his time with Basel and so is used to top level football. "He is an offensive player with great energy and a winning mentality. His strength is going forward and I am confident he will be prove to be a quality addition to our squad." Looking ahead to the move, Degen said: "When I received the offer from Liverpool, there was no doubt I would accept it. They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and I am looking forward to the challenge of establishing myself there and playing in the best league there is."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3588162,00.htmlrumours that Turan might be coming. Should adapt and could make a big impact. Anyhow that little pigeon sh*t emre can be used as a makeweight then i'm doing backflips.
Newcastle won't be able to compete after the Euro's. If this guy has a couple of good games, everyone will be after this guy.

Guest F.O.S
Fulham are reportedly eager to bring Liverpool full-back Steve Finnan back to Craven Cottage this summer.However, having recently turned 32, injuries are beginning to get the better of him, and the arrival of Borussia Dortmund's Swiss full-back Philipp Degen has all but signalled the end for Finnan, who signed for £4 million in 2003.Having just sealed survival in the Premier League in the most dramatic fashion, Fulham will now be eager to bolster their squad in order to build on this season and hope they are not involved in such a dogfight again this time next year.While their first eleven is fairly solid, it is beyond that that they come undone, and with Paul Stalteri not impressing at right-back while being on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, plus the sale of Liam Rosenior to now relegated Reading, the west London outfit are decidedly short in right-back.Finnan's experience, familiarity with the club and undoubted quality and commitment when fit would prove an asset to Roy Hodgson, should a deal be agreed between the two clubs.

Guest F.O.S
Alberto Gilardino may finally be on his way out of the San Siro after Fiorentina sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, flew to Milan to try and strike a deal for the want-away striker with the Rossoneri on Wednesday morning.According to reports in Italy, Gillardino is one of Fiorentina's top priorities as the Viola look to strengthen their squad in light of their Champions League commitments next term.The former Parma hit-man has failed to set the San Siro on fire ever since his €24m move from the Ducali in 2005.During his three years in Milan, the striker has become more accustomed to sitting on the bench and even 35-year-old striker Filippo Inzaghi is finding it easier to get in the side such is Gila's woeful form.Gilardino came close to leaving last season but he decided to stay on, hoping he would get a regular place in Milan's competitive side.However, it now seems likely that he will be heading for pastures new in Florence. Reports suggest that Milan want €18m Euro's for the under-fire hit man but the Viola believe they will be able to land him for much less and they may even consider a part exchange deal.Gilardino has scored a miserable 7 goals in 30 appearances for Milan and it is believed he will take a massive pay cut should he sign for the Viola.His faultering form has cost him a place in the Azzurri squad for the Euro's as he has been dropped by Roberto Donadoni.

Guest F.O.S
Barcelona are thought likely to conclude a deal for Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita in the coming days according to reports in the Spanish media.Keita, 28, has been one of the revelations of La Liga this season, slotting straight into the centre of Sevilla's midfield and building a large reputation for himself with a string of excellent performances throughout the campaign.His displays have been enough to attract the attention of a number of pre-eminent European clubs, with the likes of Liverpool and Juventus said to hold an interest in the Malian midfielder.Barcelona are also firm admirers of Keita and it seems that they are willing to pay the €14million that would trigger the release clause in his Sevilla contract and allow him to move to the Camp Nou.'Marca' reports that the Catalan giants are all set to make their move and that Keita could even turn up at the LFP offices later today to deposit Barça's money and seal his transfer to the blaugrana.Incoming coach Josep Guardiola is said to be keen to add greater balance to his midfield and the signing of the left-footed Keita would certainly achieve that goal.Barça also hold an interest in Keita's current Sevilla team-mate Daniel Alves and although they are confident of getting their man, Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido indicated yesterday that the club will only sell for the right price, believed to be over €25million.

Reds close on Dossena dealLiverpool winning race for Italian defenderBy Nadia Carminati Last updated: 21st May 2008Udinese defender Andrea Dossena is close to agreeing a move to Liverpool, according to reports in Italy.Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is on the lookout for a left-back to bolster his squad as it is expected John Arne Riise is set to leave Anfield this summer.Tottenham are also chasing £9million-rated Dossena's signature and it is understood that the North London club had a bid rejected in the January transfer window.However, it is rumoured that Udinese sporting director Pietro Leonardi recently flew to England to discuss a possible transfer with Liverpool.The Reds, though, would face a battle to land 26-year-old Dossena as Serie A giants Juventus are also seeking close-season reinforcements.Dossena, who has made one appearance for Italy, has played 63 games for Udinese since joining from Treviso in 2006 and he has scored two goals in that time.http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3591713,00.html
Anyone no anything about him?

Dossena is a sick sick sick signingwatched some games after downloadingaround 7 times nowvery attack minded and strong on the ball also his over lap skills are sickreminds me of a left footed Zambrotta(when he was at Juve)We could possibly signDegenBack up keeperDossenaBarryZarate/Milito or Suazo

Dossena is a sick sick sick signingwatched some games after downloadingaround 7 times nowvery attack minded and strong on the ball also his over lap skills are sickreminds me of a left footed Zambrotta(when he was at Juve)We could possibly signDegenBack up keeperDossenaBarryZarate/Milito or Suazo
Yeh big.. and then next season u will still be trophyless.. and can buy another 5 players.. happy days.

Yeh big.. and then next season u will still be trophyless.. and can buy another 5 players.. happy days.
lmao. real chat.also ur sig dun know the boss of all bosses

lmao. real chat.also ur sig dun know the boss of all bosses
U know the Capo levels.

Sidwell is gonna sign for us by mid next week, expected to half his 65k wages.Good look for us, he could be a starter at a Blackburn/Newcastle/West Ham, and he's just gonna be battling for his place with Petrov here.Mark Schwarzer has signed for Fulham on a free.Reports leaking that Bordeaux have had a bid accepted for Silvestre.

Villa in hunt for DunneRichard DunneVilla are weighing up a move for £6m-rated Manchester City defender Richard Dunne as boss Martin O’Neill looks to bolster his back four.Dunne, who has been City’s player of the year for the last four seasons, has a year left on his £28,000 a week contract and has refused to sign a new deal.West Ham have already been linked with a move for the Republic of Ireland international, but Villa would be a more attractive option for the 28-year-old, who has impressed scouts.Villa are desperately short of defensive reinforcements with Olof Mellberg having signed for Juventus and Curtis Davies out until October.
Jesus, that would be immense.

Albert Riera revealed his pent up frustration at Espanyol's poor end to the season by demanding a transfer after hitting out at fans that abused the team and the board for not defending the squad.he highly-rated left winger has come in for some strong criticism after being dropped from Ernesto Valverde's team as they won just three out of their final 19 games of the campaign.In recent days Riera has said that the team's form cost him his place in the Spain for Euro 2008 and has now spoken out about the barrage of abuse aimed at the team by their own fans last weekend."I want to leave Espanyol. I do not want to be part of a club that does not take care of or protect its players," he said. "I do not know if I will go to Liverpool or any other team. I am staying hopeful and I would really like everything sorted out within the next two weeks.""It would be best for everyone concerned because I know that my transfer would clearly be beneficial. I do not want to cause any problems."Espanyol's most vociferous section of fans, the Curva Jove, held up large placards stating that the players should have started their summer holidays rather than play the game against Almería."The things with those banners last Sunday against Almería was intolerable. All that about the European Championships and going on holiday was very unpleasant and should not have been allowed."There are some things that should not be allowed and we all know that in certain sections of the ground and with certain sets of fans the board allows almost anything to happen. That is not normal and cannot go on.I have had enough of all these stories about in-fighting, bad feelings between players and things causing problems. Every time we do not win this comes up. This does not help at all."The dressing room at Espanyol is just like any other club with good things and bad. Nothing more, nothing less."

Guest F.O.S
Inter Milan are closing in on the signing of Frank Lampard, according to the Corriere dello Sport.The 29-year-old has been strongly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, and earlier this week reports were printed in the press claiming that the player would be joining Inter Milan.Lampard’s agent immediately denied these stories.“There is no truth in it at all,” declared Steven Kutner.“I don't know why Inter Milan would think this. Nobody has talked to me and I am good friends with the owner, Massimo Moratti. I took Paul Ince there, I took Patrick Vieira there - if there was something on I am sure I would know.”Lampard also tried to play down speculation in the press prior to yesterday’s game, but the Corriere this morning says that the midfielder is indeed closing in on a move to Inter.Nerazzurri President Massimo Moratti is prepared to pay Lampard €9m per-season, the same that Zlatan Ibrahimovic currently earns.The transfer fee would only be around €8m, as Lampard’s contract runs out next year, and he could execute the notorious Article 17 FIFA clause.Inter’s main priority on the summer market is to sign a top-class centre midfielder.
Would be a bargain if he settles in there...20goal a season player....Chelsea will find it almost impossible to replace him imo...

I'd be pissed if Lamps left the prem.I hate seeing guys like that leave, even though you keep up with them in new leagues, it still aint the same.Although it would maybe mean a more balanced first XI in the long run for chelsea, the effects of lampard leaving would be massive.hope he stays.definitely irreplaceable as well, you cant purchase the experience and love for the club he has.come like us losing gaz baz.

lampard aint going nowhere. Like he's gonna leave JT on his ones after last night, i cant see him going atall. Gonna end his career there, i know he's thought about moving on but after an experience like a champs league final whichever way it goes, the sheer ecstacy of a great win or the complete opposite feeling you would get after giving your all and losing, your mindset changes and you must feel like leaving your club isnt the right thing to do.

Xabi Alonso's time at Anfield appears to be coming to a close after Juventus opened talks with Liverpool with a view to signing the midfielder. The Juventus director Jean-Claude Blanc held discussions on Merseyside on Tuesday with Rafael Benítez and further talks are planned for next week.Juventus are understood to be offering about £12m for Alonso, whom Benítez is willing to sacrifice as he pursues Aston Villa's Gareth Barry and looks to raise funds for further squad changes. Liverpool would like closer to £15m for the 26-year-old, who cost them £10.5m from Real Sociedad four years ago.Alonso said this month he hoped to be at Liverpool next season but added he would leave if no longer wanted. The Spain international has also been strongly linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/ma...erpool.juventus