Is it really a case of the BIG 4 anymore????????

Totty

Guest Tronics

It hasn't been the big 4 for a long long time iah.That phrase is something the media thought of to keep things interesting.No-one wants the Premier League to turn into a two team battle (e.g. Rangers & Celtic).But as long as foreign owners pump more and more money into teams outside of the 'top 3' then the other teams will improve.Case in point; Aston Villa and to a certain extent Portsmouth.

It hasn't been the big 4 for a long long time iah.That phrase is something the media thought of to keep things interesting.No-one wants the Premier League to turn into a two team battle (e.g. Rangers & Celtic).But as long as foreign owners pump more and more money into teams outside of the 'top 3' then the other teams will improve.Case in point; Aston Villa and to a certain extent Portsmouth.
thing is foreign owners r pumpin money into the top 4 at a faster rate (except arsenal)its like they wont catch up

Guest Tronics
thing is foreign owners r pumpin money into the top 4 at a faster rate (except arsenal)its like they wont catch up
Tbh foreign investors are looking to buy clubs outside of the 'top 4' and make their own history.

Rafa's learned, taken stick & I do think not getting to the final of the Champions League this year was a reality check.He just needs to adopt a more sensible approach to the transfer market this summer.
C/S this so much butttt. the second part, no offence to anyone who isnt a liverpool fan but you really have to look into the transfers situation at liverpool current and past (since rafa joined) to be able to comment on it truthfully. Thats ALOT of peoples way of criticising liverpool and although i cant be f*cked to reply to people slating anymore its good to see some look at it properly rather than only slating. If we went and won the league next season people would straight away come up for an excuse why we shouldnt have, thats how it has become. People hate us with a passion now and to be fair i dont care what people think anymore, its gets tiring trying to defend your club when half the people who criticise just mention stuff they have, 1. picked up from a newspaper or 2. picked up from someone else saying something. I know we have underachieved this season and i admit it but people take it too far at times and it gets stupid. Some people even decide to just try crack a joke if they have nothing else to say or are proven wrong to take the attention away from the fact they got something wrong lol it happens everywhere. The situation with our owners is another thing but i wont even go into that, i've yet to see many people who dont support liverpool that understand what the ENTIRE owner situation is. Alot of rafa's criticism stems from the owners and thats not even just the current ones.

If we went and won the league next season people would straight away come up for an excuse why we shouldnt have,
no they wouldnti said this the other day the best team always wins the leaguebecause its no nock out ting its 9 months home nd away

Some fans are very funny...

As long as the top 4 qualify for Champions League, it will be big 4.Despite Liverpool being miles away from winning the league each year.
Theres 4 CL qualification spots in Serie A & La Liga, yet they have no BIG 4.
Because there are more than 4 teams on the same level with eachother:Top 2 in spain:BarcaMadridOthers battling it out for CL:SevilleAthleticAtletico MadridValenciaVillarealDeportivoNo ones close to the regular top 4 in the Prem IMO.
Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool are the top 4 of English football, doesnt take a genius to work out why.
Thread done.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

yes because these 4 nearly always finish in the top 4 (now) and have the spending power much greater than the rest of the league. In italy and spain there isn't a consistent top 4.

If we went and won the league next season people would straight away come up for an excuse why we shouldnt have,
no they wouldnti said this the other day the best team always wins the leaguebecause its no nock out ting its 9 months home nd away
they would trust. not all people obviously but there would be quite a few people that would.

they would trust. not all people obviously but there would be quite a few people that would.
Definitely. Never ever ever did I hear the word luck being thrown around where a tough CL campaign was concerned til we won it.

Definitely. Never ever ever did I hear the word luck being thrown around where a tough CL campaign was concerned til we won it.
Thats what i mean. It is something that cant be denied, vast majority of people look at atleast one team with a large amount of bias. Some of it is warranted (kind of) as it stems from rivalries e.g. i look at everton biased all the time i hate em lol. but alot of it is people doing stupidness in terms of jumpin on a bandwagon. This may seem like complaining but its true, alot of people look at us with alot of bias, most famous one is probably andy gray but as i said thats a rivalry one. Another one is jamie redknapp, if i wasnt a football fan and i watched a liverpool game he was doing the post match analysis for i wouldnt for a second believe he used to play for liverpool judging by some of the sh*t he comes out with.It doesnt seem that way if your not a fan of the club in question but trust, people would find a way to criticise, alot of people seem to feel the need to and im not even just talking about people on here.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
Thats what i mean. It is something that cant be denied, vast majority of people look at atleast one team with a large amount of bias. Some of it is warranted (kind of) as it stems from rivalries e.g. i look at everton biased all the time i hate em lol. but alot of it is people doing stupidness in terms of jumpin on a bandwagon. This may seem like complaining but its true, alot of people look at us with alot of bias, most famous one is probably andy gray but as i said thats a rivalry one. Another one is jamie redknapp, if i wasnt a football fan and i watched a liverpool game he was doing the post match analysis for i wouldnt for a second believe he used to play for liverpool judging by some of the sh*t he comes out with.It doesnt seem that way if your not a fan of the club in question but trust, people would find a way to criticise, alot of people seem to feel the need to and im not even just talking about people on here.
i think that its fair to say Man united and chelsea are the only 2 teams who don't suffer from this. i don't feel liverpool are victimised anymore than anyone else.A lot of people won't like the fact that liverpool favour the champions league over the league but every team has their critisms take that as gospel from a newcastle fan!

We finished above Arsenal 2 seasons in a row and have won trophies and MAJOR ones aswellTBH people are taking advantage if I knew Liverpool would have been sent for everyday on Rwd and early vip2 sending wouldnt stopRafa is building is squad and a very strong and young one, n/a is a rebore Anelka so he gets a bly

Rafa's learned, taken stick & I do think not getting to the final of the Champions League this year was a reality check.He just needs to adopt a more sensible approach to the transfer market this summer.
C/S this so much butttt. the second part, no offence to anyone who isnt a liverpool fan but you really have to look into the transfers situation at liverpool current and past (since rafa joined) to be able to comment on it truthfully. Thats ALOT of peoples way of criticising liverpool and although i cant be f*cked to reply to people slating anymore its good to see some look at it properly rather than only slating. If we went and won the league next season people would straight away come up for an excuse why we shouldnt have, thats how it has become. People hate us with a passion now and to be fair i dont care what people think anymore, its gets tiring trying to defend your club when half the people who criticise just mention stuff they have, 1. picked up from a newspaper or 2. picked up from someone else saying something. I know we have underachieved this season and i admit it but people take it too far at times and it gets stupid. Some people even decide to just try crack a joke if they have nothing else to say or are proven wrong to take the attention away from the fact they got something wrong lol it happens everywhere. The situation with our owners is another thing but i wont even go into that, i've yet to see many people who dont support liverpool that understand what the ENTIRE owner situation is. Alot of rafa's criticism stems from the owners and thats not even just the current ones.
your right people probably would. FA Cup run was defined as 'jammy' despite beating Chelsea and Man united & West ham.. The Champions lge win is deemed as a fluke ? If Man U or Chelsea win the comp it wont be desribed as a 'fluke'' or 'luck' and both teams have had a easier run in than the pool team that got to the final of 2005 and 2007!