Food/Snack thread

Action Dan

How do I know what's the best type of bread to be buying? 'cause I've been told that even though something says "wholemeal" it can still be full of unhealthy preservatives and what not. What should I be looking for on packets? Or should I only be buying newly-baked stuff?

How do I know what's the best type of bread to be buying? 'cause I've been told that even though something says "wholemeal" it can still be full of unhealthy preservatives and what not. What should I be looking for on packets? Or should I only be buying newly-baked stuff?
if a loaf of bread lasts more than 2 or so days without getting mouldy or hard it's full of sh*t. 99% of supermarket bread has preservatives in it, i still eat it tho but try to limit the number of slices and stay whoelmeal, ALL bread is bad if ur trying to get ripped.

if a loaf of bread lasts more than 2 or so days without getting mouldy or hard it's full of sh*t. 99% of supermarket bread has preservatives in it, i still eat it tho but try to limit the number of slices and stay whoelmeal, ALL bread is bad if ur trying to get ripped.
so should I minimize all carbs? or just bread is a bad one? go for brown rice instead or something?

a friend suggest drinking olive oil out the bottle to me today to put on weight, after a personal trainer suggested it to him. at first i thought it was stupid and disgusting, but 4 25ml shots contains over 800cal im starting to see his point, but its still disgusting and i doubt ill try it

a friend suggest drinking olive oil out the bottle to me today to put on weight, after a personal trainer suggested it to him. at first i thought it was stupid and disgusting, but 4 25ml shots contains over 800cal im starting to see his point, but its still disgusting and i doubt ill try it
LOOOOOOOOOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I was to have a can of tuna once or twice a day, would that be fine? I've heard too much tuna can be bad for you.Looking to pick up this diet: -Breakfast: 3 egg whites, on two slices of wholemeal bread-Lunch: Chicken + tomato pasta-Post-lunch: tuna salad (lettuce, tomato, sweetcorn, olive oil, balsamic vinegar)-Dinner: Chicken/Salmon with potato/rice/pasta and salad (as above but no vinegar)With a piece of fruit after each, and fruit juice or water with each.Any lack of nutrients there?

my diet right nowBreakfast:1 poached egg on a slice of wholemeal toast. bowl of porridge with stewed apple, sultanas and walnuts, orange juice, cup of black coffee.Snack:peanut butter sandwich on wholemeal. home made protein brownie (very easy to make btw). apple.Lunch:Chicken or tuna salad with spinach, olives, tomatoes, cashew nuts and honey mustard dressing.Snack:shake with two scoops of vanilla whey, probiotic yoghurt, a banana, handful of frozen raspberries and blueberries, handful of oats.Post gym: shake, one scoop with water.Dinner:whatever the wife has cooked, she mostly cooks healthy things, fish and vegetables etc. she usually fixes me a steak once a week.Snack:handful of almonds, green tea.drink 3 litres of water spread thru out the day (pint each time i eat). the above works out at well over 200 grams of protein, and more or less balances out at about 35% protein, 35% carbs, 30% fats give or take.Daily Supplements:a good high dose fish oil, a scoop of Greens Superfoods mixed with one if my shakes, the whey i use is optimum nutrition 100% natural whey, i sometimes take a multivitamin if everyone around is getting colds.