Abortion

Fresh

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the thing of i would have preffered her to have the babies but what pisses me off is the fact she was using abortion as some next form of conraception, come on 3 times and ur just turning 18 its mad but nar to awnser i personally would have prefeerd she brought them up it might have helped her grow up a bit and stop taking those innocent childrens lifes for granted and i dunno badman but i wos finkin there must be a certain point wen abortion f*cks with ur insides and u cnt have kids nemore

try watching YOUR own flesh & blood at merely 6 weeks on a scan with a Beating heart then still regard it as nothing.i have and also lost that same embryo and you will still grieve like say its a full baby.
Im too angry at this post I'm not even gonna rant.About you're ever gonna tell me that losing an actual child is anything like losing a 6 week foetus.I have lost that child, not some f*ck*ng embryo.And I have been on the receiving end of the emotional f*ck*ng up it does to your head when you/your partner has an abortion.The fact your mum had you so young is obviously why you feel to claim the abortion issue as something close to your heart (you wouldnt exist etc), but:
theres too many preventative methods around in this century to even have to contemplate abortion.MOST are just too damn lazy or naive to bother and in that case i have no sympathy.
This is complete idealistic (and unrealistic) black and white thinking.Beg you dont associate the many who have unwanted pregnancies with those d*ckhead girls and their wastemen partners who PURPOSELY have unprotected sex, and actively dont give a sh*t.About most. Smh.

Guest Flat Eric
And the P that I make is mine,I don't splash out on no whores with itIf her belly and body get slightly disproportiante she best abortion it.Not my views but yeah, depends on age, one night stand or relationship, there's no yes or no stance to have.
argh whos lyrics its gonna be bug me all dayedit - castro thats it.big

try watching YOUR own flesh & blood at merely 6 weeks on a scan with a Beating heart then still regard it as nothing.i have and also lost that same embryo and you will still grieve like say its a full baby.
Im too angry at this post I'm not even gonna rant.About you're ever gonna tell me that losing an actual child is anything like losing a 6 week foetus.I have lost that child, not some f*ck*ng embryo.And I have been on the receiving end of the emotional f*ck*ng up it does to your head when you/your partner has an abortion.The fact your mum had you so young is obviously why you feel to claim the abortion issue as something close to your heart (you wouldnt exist etc), but:
theres too many preventative methods around in this century to even have to contemplate abortion.MOST are just too damn lazy or naive to bother and in that case i have no sympathy.
This is complete idealistic (and unrealistic) black and white thinking.Beg you dont associate the many who have unwanted pregnancies with those d*ckhead girls and their wastemen partners who PURPOSELY have unprotected sex, and actively dont give a sh*t.About most. Smh.
I fail to see why my post angers you.Im sorry for your loss & In the same breath that you ask me not to assume having a miscarriage is like losing a baby please therefore do not assume that i too did not grieve as much when i went through my two miscarriages & id like to add i didnt have them both at 6 weeks it was after that time period i however had seen the scan of them at that stage, I did not say it was on par i merely said i still grieve as if it was a full grown baby who are you to tell me what i have and have not felt. Same way as i didnt say that if you lose a full term baby its the same....i did not say that & you took it way too personal. The point of the part you quoted was me showing that a baby is a baby no matter at what stage and you will treat it as your own flesh and blood. Also i stick to my theory of MOST people who have abortions have been/are lazyas a mere example the same people in this thread claiming abortion is ok are the same people who will abort as the result of bare backing or a mere accident/1 night stand etc. I know a few people who have had abortions & all results of careless activities that still with the morning after pill could have been prevented but they didnt bother. Im not naive to think only careless people have abortions i merely said MOST are the result of laziness and i stick by that theory.As for me being the product of a teenage pregnancy being the reason why im against abortion this is not the reason. I myself was pro choice until i was at least 25 and my views further grew stronger whilst i myself was trying to concieve so once again your assumptions are incorrect.

i can understand why women who get raped and end up being pregnant as a result of their ordeal decide to abort for the baby would be a constant reminder of the terrible ordeal that they went through.imagine if your partner got pregnant, aborted it and never told you but one day you found out somehow................... that would be fcuked up.

I fail to see why my post angers you.It angers me because to assume losing a foetus (because thats what it is) at an early stage is anything like losing a child, was said merely to make your argument more compelling.Im sorry for your loss & In the same breath that you ask me not to assume having a miscarriage is like losing a baby please therefore do not assume that i too did not grieve as much when i went through my two miscarriages & id like to add i didnt have them both at 6 weeks it was after that time period i however had seen the scan of them at that stage, I did not say it was on par i merely said i still grieve as if it was a full grown baby who are you to tell me what i have and have not felt. Same way as i didnt say that if you lose a full term baby its the same....i did not say that & you took it way too personal. Of course I took it personal. I lost a child. I dont compare that to losing a foetus that isnt born yet.The point of the part you quoted was me showing that a baby is a baby no matter at what stage and you will treat it as your own flesh and blood. Also i stick to my theory of MOST people who have abortions have been/are lazyas a mere example the same people in this thread claiming abortion is ok are the same people who will abort as the result of bare backing or a mere accident/1 night stand etc. I know a few people who have had abortions & all results of careless activities that still with the morning after pill could have been prevented but they didnt bother. Im not naive to think only careless people have abortions i merely said MOST are the result of laziness and i stick by that theory.As for me being the product of a teenage pregnancy being the reason why im against abortion this is not the reason. I myself was pro choice until i was at least 25 and my views further grew stronger whilst i myself was trying to concieve so once again your assumptions are incorrect.Fair enough. To be fair it wasnt an "out there" assumption was it Messy. I said having come from a pregnancy that was teen, and advised against abortion, I would have thought you would follow the opposite school of thinking.

people always run joke about"if a chick got pregnant I'd push her down the stairs, crush pills in her food, get someone to tump her in the stomach etc etc"but truth be told I don't think I could ever ask someone to have an abortion. That is truly a traumatising experiencei'd just push her down the stairs

i can understand why women who get raped and end up being pregnant as a result of their ordeal decide to abort for the baby would be a constant reminder of the terrible ordeal that they went through.imagine if your partner got pregnant, aborted it and never told you but one day you found out somehow................... that would be fcuked up.
Beef tbh

MPs to vote on abortion limit cut MPs have a free vote to express their views on this contentious issue MPs have begun debating whether to cut the 24-week upper limit for abortions to 20 weeks or less. The proposed cuts come in amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill with voting due at about 2200 BST. Tory MP Edward Leigh, who is proposing a 12-week limit, said it would bring Britain in line with most of Europe. But Labour's Chris McCafferty said limiting when a woman could have an abortion was "cynical, cruel, ill-informed and inhumane". MPs earlier rejected a cross-party move for doctors to consider the need for a "father and a mother" before allowing IVF treatment. Survival rates 'disputed' It is the second day of debate on the bill, and comes after MPs voted down a cross-party attempt to ban hybrid human animal embryos. Health Minister Dawn Primarolo insists there is no evidence requiring the abortion laws to be changed. In modern Britain the most dangerous place to be is in your mother's womb. It should be a place of sanctity Edward LeighConservative MPIn quotes: Abortion debate "The upper gestational limit for termination of pregnancy was set by Parliament in 1990 at 24 weeks because the scientific evidence of the time was that the threshold of viability had increased and babies were increasingly surviving at 24 weeks and above. "That was the case in 1990 and it's certainly the case now." But, David Jones, a professor of bio-ethics, said research on the survival rates for extremely premature babies was "disputed". Conservative MP Nadine Dorries, who put forward the amendment to change the abortion laws, said she believed the right of a woman to choose had its limits. She reached this decision after seeing the "botched" abortion of a baby boy when she was a gynaecological nurse, she said. "I believe a baby has rights. Those rights kick in if that baby were born it would have a chance of life and if it feels pain as part of the abortion," she said. 'Protect the vulnerable' Ex-minister Mr Leigh, a father-of-six, said only in the UK, Holland, Latvia, Lithuania and Cyprus was there a 24-week limit - others, such as France, Portugal and a number of others had a 10-12 week limit. ENGLAND AND WALES ABORTIONS Under 9 weeks: 54.9%9-12 weeks: 34.3%13-19 weeks: 9.2% 20-24 weeks: 1.5%ONS figures from 2006Abortion: Medical evidenceHow MPs voted on embryosAbortions 1971-2006 "In modern Britain the most dangerous place to be is in your mother's womb. It should be a place of sanctity," he said. He said that "98% of abortions are social - only 1.3% are for foetuses which are handicapped, 0.4% are for risk to mother's life. "It is a bleak picture of modern Britain ... "I believe we should give that silent child a voice," he said. Labour's Claire Curtis-Thomas said she was not opposed to abortion, believing that women have the right to choose. "I just hope they don't choose to have an abortion," she said, adding that she would be happier with a 12-week limit. "I can't accept that we keep the limit where it stands where there is a possibility of life. The majority of people are deeply uncomfortable with that prospect," she said. Tory Mark Pritchard, who would like the limit to be 16 weeks, said: "I believe that terminating a child that has been woven and knitted in the womb should be a choice of last resort - not the latest manifestation of Britain's throwaway society." 'Difficult matter' But Ms McCafferty said restricting when a woman can have a termination "is just prolonging the agony". "It's a basic misconception that women with an unwanted pregnancy should only enter into the actual decision-making process after counselling with someone they do not know," she said. ABORTION VOTES LIKELY 12 weeks18 weeks20 weeks22 weeksQ&A: Abortion law Ex-Cabinet minister Ann Widdecombe asked why "viability" of the child should be the only determining factor in setting the limit for abortions. "There is a substantial body of evidence about foetal pain and foetal distress and if the child who is being aborted cannot live, what's the point of the lethal injection?" Lib Dem Dr John Pugh said: "There are people in our world today in no way inferior to us in capacity, intelligence and beauty who were born at 22 weeks. That ought to give us cause for reflection." Conservative leader David Cameron told GMTV earlier he would vote to lower the limit to 22 weeks but added, as an issue of conscience, he expected Conservatives to vote "in all sorts of different directions". Prime Minister Gordon Brown told the BBC he would vote to maintain the current limit. He said it was a "very difficult matter" but that the medical evidence had not changed. Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg is also expected to vote against any reduction. Government figures show that 193,737 women in England and Wales had an abortion in 2006. We are expecting considerable support and believe the government could be defeated Ian LucasPro-Life campaignQ&A: The issues explained Previous attempts to force a vote on lowering the abortion limit have been defeated, but as there is a free vote on the issue, an unknown number of MPs may choose to stay away, or abstain. That increases the chances of those campaigning to lower the limit to 20 or 22 weeks, who claim to have the backing of 200 MPs. There are also likely to be votes on lowering the limit to 12 weeks and 18 weeks. Need for father Ahead of the abortion debate, MPs voted down, by 292 votes to 217, an amendment that makes it a condition of IVF treatment that there be both a "father and a mother". They also opposed a further bid to ensure there is a "father or a male role model" before fertility treatment, by 290 votes to 222. Existing legislation requires IVF clinics to consider the "welfare" of any child created, which currently means considering the need for a father. HAVE YOUR SAY This is about a woman having the right to choose what happens to her bodyLeana, Shropshire Send us your commentsHowever, the new bill says this should no longer be the case, saying instead there needs to be evidence of "supportive parenting". On Monday night a cross-party attempt to ban hybrid animal embryos was defeated. Roman Catholic cabinet ministers Ruth Kelly, Des Browne and Paul Murphy voted for a ban, while Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Tory leader David Cameron both opposed it. A bid to ban "saviour siblings" was voted down by 342 votes to 163. ................ Interesting

Also on a side note i bet alot of people on VIP were not the products of a planned conceptioni wasnt & my mum was a naive 17 year old advised to have an abortionand im glad my mum didnt abort me even if i had a council estate upbringingsome of you going on like you were born with a silver spoon in your mouthmy council estate upbringing>>>>>>>>sucked up a tube and chucked in the bin
i agree with messy but i agree with marlonwhy you askcos im a father and know both sides of the coin on one hand you have messy who is a mother and sometimes lost her chance and most importantly a WOMAN the only way a man will half understand how a woman feels about birth is if you are with the woman or close to a woman going thru it so ultimately it affects YOU.i agree with marlon cos i kinda do get the point that some people are exaggerating and to be fair it is just a feutus (spelt wrong) mandem dont know about scans until the woman tells us about it tbh honest we just aint that sentimental.you two are both on different sides of the argument still.

Also i stick to my theory of MOST people who have abortions have been/are lazy[/b][/i]
nah not even you cant say most i would say a great deal of it is also down to a womans comfort zone of dealing with things and fear not just down to laziness.

People treat the issue far to black and white. Anyways im pro choice, people know whether or not they are fit to bring up a kid.
c/si am also pro-choiceand if i got pregnant at this age i don't think i would keep iti know i'm not ready to be a mother... i still feel like a child myselfwhen i have children i want to be in a stable position where i can properly take care of themtoo many people bring children into this world without thinking about what kind of life that child is going to have and thinking it will be easyimo every child deserves the right to have to have loving parents and a stable home (financially)and if i don't feel that i can give a child that then i wouldn't want to have themi don't want my children to have to pay for my mistakesand i don't want my mum to have to pay for them eithershes worked so hard so that me and my brother can have the life that she never hadand if i had a baby now the responsibility of raising it would probably fall as much with her as with me...because i know she would still want me to continue university and suchpeople who say if you don't want children then you shouldn't be having sex are being too idealisticthink of the age you lost your virginity and contemplate what life would of been like for you and your child if you had a baby thenin contemporary society sex is no longer primarily for procreation and the majority of sexual acts are not intended to end in pregnancyi'm not saying that its ok to use abortion as another form of contraception... and i do think girls who do this are mis-guidedthe appropriate measures should be taken to avoid pregnancy for all people who are not ready to have childrenand abortion should always be a last resortbut people make mistakes, some people are naive, and sh*t happens... and i think that it is right that people should have a say in whether they want to keep a baby that is going to affect the rest of their lives

I don't think I could do it if it was me... I don't believe in it if it's used as contraception and you continue to f*ck about after... However accidents do happen even when practicing safe sex... and depending on age and situations... I think it's selfish to bring a child you cannot look after into the world... yea fair enough you shouldn't be having sex when theres a risk of pregnancies etc but are we all nuns and monks out ere.

People treat the issue far to black and white. Anyways im pro choice, people know whether or not they are fit to bring up a kid.
c/si am also pro-choiceand if i got pregnant at this age i don't think i would keep iti know i'm not ready to be a mother... i still feel like a child myselfwhen i have children i want to be in a stable position where i can properly take care of thempeople make mistakes, some people are naive, and sh*t happens... and i think that it is right that people should have a say in whether they want to keep a baby that is going to affect the rest of their lives

boii know bare girls that claim "pro life", then wen it their turn to stand for their views, its off to the clinicpoint beindo not judge untill u've been therepersonallyi think a working woman in her 20's has no real excuss to get an abortion

To all the people saying pro-life, why is it fair that a baby should have to be born with a dumb slosh with no prospects for a mother who doesn't even want the kid?Surely it's fairer all round if she has an abortion?
ZOOP ZOOPcouldnt have put it any better myself

TBH i think a law should be passed that if the father of the baby is known then he must agree for the baby to be born.If not -NHS Clinic is her.Unfair that some guys should have to pay the price for just wanting a quick bang.I have come close to a girl forcing me to have my offspring. Had to come up with bars..not ordinary bars-GOLD BULLION BARS......she got rid of that quickly

Guest Tronics

Long reading some of the essays but basically;I don't agree with it.If you get yourself pregnant you should be women enough to handle it and not bail out.If you're raped then you shouldn't be the one to say whether or not the kid lives.Either way i don't agree.Sad state of affairs that you can do it in 'hiding' nowadays without your parents being informed.

Long reading some of the essays but basically;I don't agree with it.If you get yourself pregnant you should be women enough to handle it and not bail out.If you're raped then you shouldn't be the one to say whether or not the kid lives.Either way i don't agree.Sad state of affairs that you can do it in 'hiding' nowadays without your parents being informed.
why shoudl youre parents be informed- did they get pregnant?Its her body and its he and the guy that got her preganst problem. Parents shouldnt have a right to know if the girl want to have an abortion.

who should it be then?

Guest Tronics
who should it be then?
IMO the child has a right to live too. So if you're gonna ask it wagwan on the ultrasound then so be it, but i still don't agree with abortions.