X Factor 2009

Guest LOGers

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northern Ireland = Ireland, not Britain, there's no such thing as "Northern Ireland". Nobody who is Irish is British, you cannot be both.And yeah, Eoghan (the young boy) will win cos the lost little boy act he's doing will bring in the votes.
Nothern Ireland is under British law. The prosendents (mostly english/scottish decendants) wanted to be apart of The United Kingdom, where as the rest of Ireland (most catholics) wanted their independance.

I dont even know what it means to be BritishWhat is British culture?I hear people saying they're proud and patriotic like I used to be but really and truly I think a lot of people are lost amongst blind patriotism."British patriotism" just makes me picture a bunch of beer-bellied geezers in a pub chanting england songs.There was a program on a while ago asking what does being British mean and nobody could really point their finger on it. Being British has been defined by world wars and being english is defined by football matches as far as Im concerned.
The thing is, this is just an attempt to damage and divide this nation. Everything you have said above has been used tactically to make people think we do not need a culture. But then if that is so true, why is it a priority to British people to celebrate and accept other people's cultures?I will define British Culture in my own words. Every country needs stability; a work force, people who pull together and focus on a similar set of beliefs and values and this is set to bring stability to society because there is a common purpose. Lets face it, what people usually like to promote as British culture is negative and that is why the people of this country are anti-patriotic. But in a sense hypocrite. Because they do not like Britain to be patriotic but when it comes to promoting Jamaica or Africa or wherever, then people are all of a sudden wearing alien nation colours and celebrating foreign cultures and it could not be more hypocritical. If we do not see Britain and it's people as a priority over other nations, then we are the only country on this planet that is full of idiots. If you cannot look after yourself and your own, how can you afford to look after others?My mother is a Roman Catholic and she always puts £20-£50 in a card to the church here and there but she never puts £20-£50 in her grand-children's hands.This economy is damaged because British people do not feel united. The only people benefiting from this system are those with dual backgrounds and you will find that mixed race peeps will latch more on to their African/Jamaican heritage because where British culture is concerned, it means nothing.That is not the case in my books and people cannot accept that.Culture is not just defined in what you eat, what you wear, what sports you like etc. although these things are important to one's culture they are not the main principles.

Northern Ireland = Ireland, not Britain, there's no such thing as "Northern Ireland". Nobody who is Irish is British, you cannot be both.And yeah, Eoghan (the young boy) will win cos the lost little boy act he's doing will bring in the votes.
Nothern Ireland is under British law. The prosendents (mostly english/scottish decendants) wanted to be apart of The United Kingdom, where as the rest of Ireland (most catholics) wanted their independance.
Please don't talk to me about this as if you know more than me. Safe.

You have to understand that we are living in a different world. We have our traditions (the queen, rememberance day and all that stuff), but we no longer live in a british society, we live in a multicultural society, and theres nothing you can do about it. You can moan about jobs, but lets face it, people will choose a polish guy who wants pennies rather than a english guy who wants pounds. Move out to the country side or something if you want a white washed british society... cause you wont get it daaan saaaf.

Please don't talk to me about this as if you know more than me. Safe.
Whats wrong with what she said?She sounded pretty spot on to me...

You have to understand that we are living in a different world. We have our traditions (the queen, rememberance day and all that stuff), but we no longer live in a british society, we live in a multicultural society, and theres nothing you can do about it. You can moan about jobs, but lets face it, people will choose a polish guy who wants pennies rather than a english guy who wants pounds. Move out to the country side or something if you want a white washed british society... cause you wont get it daaan saaaf.
And this is yet another misinterpretation of British culture and also a counter attack against anyone who tries to promote British culture. Who said anything about race or skin colour and British meaning that you have to be white? I didn't mention race so it's obvious who is inserting the whole racial divide and that is you and that is this government because there was not a problem until you mentioned this.This is where people go wrong because I have clearly explained what defines British culture and that is unity and common purpose, values and beliefs. People have not adapted to this 'unity' because they would rather be identified within their own groups i.e. Multicultural society and that is what has damaged this country.As for there being nothing I can do about it, sure there is! I will educate as many people as I can, and I am sure that people will come to realise that I ain't racist, I ain't against foreigners, but I am a man who cares for the team. Team Britain. If you are a politician and you are not for the 'team', then I don't see how you can lead this country by having Britain's best interests at heart. My people are suffering; black, white, yellow, green, pink.. and I care deep for them.Where jobs, housing and lifestyle are concerned, they are suffering. People with dual nationality are suffering too but they have an advantage of another culture to cling on to. That's why there are so many people on the dole and that is why this country has lost hope and all it's drive comes from migrants and that's why people cannot oppose this because they have us by the nuts.I encourage people to embrace British culture and keep the unity alive because I believe that it will be this that saves this country.As for the paying the Polish man a penny; that is another problem. People here are too selfish and too tight to realise that by paying a Polish man a penny, they will eventually end up paying more pounds in taxes when British people are not being employed, they then depend on benefits. It damages the economy.

northern ireland isnt in britaingreat britain = england, wales, scotlandunited kingdom = all the rest plus northern irelandfrom my understanding
Actually, yeah that's the case. But really and truly everyone refers to them as one and the same.

northern ireland isnt in britaingreat britain = england, wales, scotlandunited kingdom = all the rest plus northern irelandfrom my understanding
Actually, yeah that's the case. But really and truly everyone refers to them as one and the same.
You ever spent much time in Ireland or "Northern Ireland" mate?
Refer to the previous post.And last time I went Northern Ireland was about 10 years ago so pardon me if their current status in the eyes of everyone else isn't at the forefront of my mind.

No more ruths zampers on tvthats a big shamewhy is that scottish yute still there the one whos name looks like the jumble in countdown before its been made into a word
Lol at how ignorant this post is.Beg you lot stop talking about Ireland, you are making me irate with anger.
now now paddywhat have i said lol

No more ruths zampers on tvthats a big shamewhy is that scottish yute still there the one whos name looks like the jumble in countdown before its been made into a word
Lol at how ignorant this post is.Beg you lot stop talking about Ireland, you are making me irate with anger.
now now paddywhat have i said lol
You get A-I-RBlow up your house like the IRA...