X Factor 2009

Guest LOGers

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're telling us that we love off foriegners too much?maybe you need to realise that most of our parents are foreigners.both my parents are foreign
Well, that's why then.I don't think it is fair on those that consider themselves 100% British, do you?I don't go to next countries and expect or take opportunity away from the inhabitants but I am sure someone will make a pathetic example of history that was not me or my family.I am not even hating on foreigners, we are all human after all, but every nation is the same as an institution and every institution has to operate efficiently and effectively for the people within that institution. If this does not happen, a broken society emerges and this is what we are experiencing in Britain.If you consider yourself foreign or feel offended because someone says something pro-British, then I find it ignorant of you to tell me who I am and even question my culture. The problem is, many people now have mixed backgrounds and they think that other people in this country are the same. Those that have ONE background (which is British) are restricted in celebrating their identities because everything must reflect and revolve around those with mixed backgrounds.If I cannot be respected for wanting the best for British people first, then who are you all to complain about your taxes and prices and other issues etc.?

ruth fits nicely into that shakira type of artist tho..
Hey, I am not knocking Ruth's talents. She is my favorite artist. I just disagreed with her being a contestant on the X-Factor because I think there are a lot of British people out there that only have one shot to prove themselves and whilst there are millions of competitions going on abroad in Spain, she has decided to come here and enter our one which kind of takes the opportunity away from people like Laura and many others. It's not like the woman has lived here for a long time. She has more or less got the plane here and entered.

Hey, I am not knocking Ruth's talents. She is my favorite artist. I just disagreed with her being a contestant on the X-Factor because I think there are a lot of British people out there that only have one shot to prove themselves and whilst there are millions of competitions going on abroad in Spain, she has decided to come here and enter our one which kind of takes the opportunity away from people like Laura and many others. It's not like the woman has lived here for a long time. She has more or less got the plane here and entered.
LMFAO THIS GUY IS SOMETHING ELSE

Get me.Alex should win. There's someone British right there.

ok sean.moving on, who u man betting on to win this?
Most voters = 12 year old girlsTherefore JLS or Eoghan.

C/S

I dont even know what it means to be BritishWhat is British culture?I hear people saying they're proud and patriotic like I used to be but really and truly I think a lot of people are lost amongst blind patriotism."British patriotism" just makes me picture a bunch of beer-bellied geezers in a pub chanting england songs.There was a program on a while ago asking what does being British mean and nobody could really point their finger on it. Being British has been defined by world wars and being english is defined by football matches as far as Im concerned.

C/S
But Ashman, she's black!!! Surely she's not 100% British?!

The young boy.And there is no such thing as British culture. The celts hated the english and the english hated them. Scotland/ireland/wales vs england in the old days! Wales and Scotland want their independance. The english/scots took over northern ireland. But real Ireland is not apart of Britian, and there is no such thing as British culture!