Carling Cup Round 3

Guest Medic

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cockney maffia is about to get stronger lol
I'm baffed tbh, don't see why he'd hire "El Terrible" if what SSN said is true..
Sources closes to Mike Ashley (SSN):- Number of interested parties.- Believe a deal will be done for between £350m-£400m- Confirmed that talks have happened between Nigerians and Ashley's lawyers.- Remote chance, but not impossible, that the club could be sold before the weekend. It will definitely not drag on for months though.

Ah well.Same as Leicester at home last year.If we win Saturday then out of the last 5 games this would be the one I'd least want to win.League is the main priority this year, we need to establish ourselves.Fair play to QPR, even with all the trouble from the past they did well, hope they win it.Nothing is bringing Villa fans down from cloud 9 atm, just need 3 points on Saturday.

JJ, you NEED Owen
trust, would be an absolute dreamjust cannot see it happening.Barry captained in the absence of Laursen, NRC and Davies. Suprised he gave it Gareth over Carew though - probably testing the water to bring him back as full time captain.

Ah well.Same as Leicester at home last year.If we win Saturday then out of the last 5 games this would be the one I'd least want to win.League is the main priority this year, we need to establish ourselves.Fair play to QPR, even with all the trouble from the past they did well, hope they win it.Nothing is bringing Villa fans down from cloud 9 atm, just need 3 points on Saturday.
JJ, you NEED Owen
trust, would be an absolute dreamjust cannot see it happening.Barry captained in the absence of Laursen, NRC and Davies. Suprised he gave it Gareth over Carew though - probably testing the water to bring him back as full time captain.
what do you want villa to do this season ? sure it was u that seemed not that fussed bout the villa uefa cup game aswell

top 7 was absolute priortiy for me pre season,seeing spurs' start to the season, man city's indifference and everton still being slightly unbalanced in certain areas that has become top 6 nowi'd be dissapointed if we finished any lower than thatbut finishing 6th and going out early in the other cups i would of takenwe need to establish ourselves as the best of the rest before we start pushing for other things, there are countless examples of teams doing well in the cups at the expense of their league campaign and failing to push on for it next season.

lol @ JJThe problem with English football at the moment reallyThey say their pleased 2 exit the League CupYet the League Cup is the most realistic chance alot of these mid table teams have of winning any silverwareThey say lets get into Europe, but then moan about the games and end up getting knocked outAllow making up the numbers, thats pointless

top 7 was absolute priortiy for me pre season,seeing spurs' start to the season, man city's indifference and everton still being slightly unbalanced in certain areas that has become top 6 nowi'd be dissapointed if we finished any lower than thatbut finishing 6th and going out early in the other cups i would of takenwe need to establish ourselves as the best of the rest before we start pushing for other things, there are countless examples of teams doing well in the cups at the expense of their league campaign and failing to push on for it next season.
o seen yh i get u. wouldnt you atleast want a good uefa cup run tho, its unlikely to mess up your premiership run much to be honest.

lol @ JJThe problem with English football at the moment reallyThey say their pleased 2 exit the League CupYet the League Cup is the most realistic chance alot of these mid table teams have of winning any silverwareThey say lets get into Europe, but then moan about the games and end up getting knocked outAllow making up the numbers, thats pointless
where did i say i was happy you d*cki just said id prefer to do well in the league.finishing 5th > winning the carling cupit's sad that its true, and yes i want the day out at wembleybut establishing ourselves as a club challenging for champs league places will help us progress more than winning the CCFACTi have bigger ambitions for us than that

Finishing 5th aint a sporting achivementIf you would rather be crowned 5th best than winning the League cup then theres something wrong with youIts been 12 years since ur team won anything lol do you know what that means?In the last 12 years ur club has competed and FAILED each season, thats the League Cup, Premiership, FA Cup & the UEFA Cup (some seasons) lol

Finishing 5th aint a sporting achivementIf you would rather be crowned 5th best than winning the League cup then theres something wrong with youIts been 12 years since ur team won anything lol do you know what that means?In the last 12 years ur club has competed and FAILED each season, thats the League Cup, Premiership, FA Cup & the UEFA Cup (some seasons) lol
there are countless examples of teams winning it and failing to press onwe are a bigger team than the carling cup being the pinnacle of what we achievei would of LOVED to have got to the final, and had the day out at wembleybut the ultimate ambition here is to be winning the premier league and european cup, MON has said it from day one.there is a reason we made changes tonight, there is a reason 22 thousand turned upwe are kicking ourselves now that we're out and so many prem teams are out, but put it this waywe aint middlesbrough, we want to do more than win this competition under this regimeput it this way, we are looking at possibly attracting the michael owen and dean ashton types, spurs won the league cup and had a uefa run last seaosn and with that squad (which was bigger than ours) it effected their league formif we copied their season from last season, would we be able to attract that type of player which would help us to progress to the next level? no.as a fan, a day out at wembley would be immense, but to the players they want the possibility of champs league footballsimple.dont talk to me like i dont know, because i do.i know the pedigree we have in this competition, i know the history of it and i appreciate itand i know that aston villa are better than that - long term.

Aston Villa will NOT break into the top 4 in the near futureAston Villa will NOT win the European Cup in the next 10 yearsAston Vila will NOT win the UEFA Cup this seasonSo what have you got 2 look forward 2 then? finishing 5th failing yet againMON is forgetting himself really, I expect better application from a man whos won it twice as a player, then twice as a manager... a chance to kick on and try n win something and they lose at home 2 QPR lolIf Chelsea take it seriously so should everyone else, England is filled with losers at the momentWell done Bruce, proper stuff from him tonight, sent out a strong side, got the job done convincingly

Aston Villa will NOT break into the top 4 in the near futureAston Villa will NOT win the European Cup in the next 10 yearsAson Vila will NOT win the UEFA Cup this seasonSo what have you got 2 look forward 2 then? finishing 5th failing yet again
Yeh we can.Yeh we can.No we wont, which is why the league will be prioritized - but if Rangers and Middlesbro got the final, why not.And you talk about it being a sad state of affairs where we would rather challenge with the big boys than go all out for the 5th biggest competition that an English club can win, but it's a much sadder one when you dont think a club with the infastructure of ours can even finish in the top 4 in the near future.The fact is we are aiming for better than that, and the most likely way to do it is by establishing ourselves as the best of the rest and attracting the better class of players.And it's funny - I swear you said not that long ago that you could see Spurs finishing in the top 4?(i might be wrong with that one and have you mixed up)

Anelka, you know you are a football fan, not a supporter. That's why you cannot comprehend a supporter's satisfaction with achieving nothing other than a steady, slow and sustainable growth and improvement in their team over the course of several seasons, rather than acquiring some shiny baubles which no-one really cares about when you mention them.