Jay Z

PopT

"Music business hate me cause the industry ain't make meHustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be makinI dumbed down for my audience to double my dollarsThey criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably belyrically, Talib KweliTruthfully I wanna rhyme like Common SenseBut I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common sinceWhen your cents got that much in commonAnd you been hustlin since, your inceptionf*ck perception go with what makes senseSince I know what I'm up againstWe as rappers must decide what's most impor-tantAnd I can't help the poor if I'm one of themSo I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/winSo next time you see the homey and his rims spinJust know my mind is workin just like them...... rims, that is"
silly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sick thread!!theres too many, but...

I like all of the aboveand alsoI like his part on 'What We Do'First verse on Public Service Announcement
'Gotta kill witnesses, Free's beard sticking out...'one of the sickest tunes ever!!i love threats aswel...
verse 1...Put that knife in ya, take a little bit of life from yaAm I frightenin ya? Shall I continue?I put the gun to ya, I let it sing you a songI let it hum to ya, the other one sing alongNow it's a duet, and you wet, when you check outthe technique from the 2 tecs and I don't need two lipsTo blow this like a trumpet you dumb sh*tThis is a un-usual musical I conductinYou lookin at the black Warren Buffett so all critics can duck sicI don't care if you C. Delores Tuck-itOr you Bill O'Reilly, you only rylin me upFor three years, they had me peein out of a cupNow they bout to free me up, whatchu think I'm gon' be, what?Rehabilitated, man I still feel hatredI'm young black and rich so they wanna strip me naked, butYou never had me like Christina Aguiler-yBut catch me down the Westside, drivin like Halle BerryOr the FDR, in the seat of my carScreamin out the sunroof death to y'allYou can't kill me, I live forever through these barsI put the wolves on ya, I put a price on your headThe whole hood'll want ya, you startin to look like breadI send them boys at ya, I ain't talkin bout FedsNigga them body-snatchers, nigga you heard what I said
it gets better...
verse 2Grown man I put hands on youI dig a hole in the desert, they build The Sands on youLay out blueprint plans on youWe Rat Pack niggaz, let Sam tap dance on youThen, I Sinatra shot ya God damn you... I put the boy in the box like David BlaineLet the audience watch, it ain't a thangY'all wish I was frontin, I George Bush the buttonFront of all you in your car lift up your hood nigga run itThen lift up your whole hood like you got oil under itYour boy got the goods y'all don't want nuttin of itLike, castor oil, I Castor Troy youChange your face or the bullets change all that for you... y'all niggaz is targetsY'all garages for bullets, please don't make me park itin your upper level, valet a couple straysfrom the 38 special, nigga, God bless you
classic jay = classic hiphop

Guest WAVESURFER
I like all of the aboveand alsoI like his part on 'What We Do'First verse on Public Service Announcement
How could I forget!He tore that apart, everyone on the tune just killed it completely.That song is such a classic.

How could I forget!He tore that apart, everyone on the tune just killed it completely.That song is such a classic.
Oh my GaaaaaaaashWe squeeze hammers manBullets breeze by you, like Louisiana manBut I gotta feed Tiana manSo I move keys ya'll can call me the piano mnaRain, sleet, hail, snow man.Slang, dope, E hydro man.NO, B SIGE IN THE THIRD LINE

Guest WAVESURFER

Cuz when the teeth stop showin and the stomach start growlinThen the heat start flowinIf you from the hood I know you feel me ([jay-z:] keep goin...)If a sneak start leanin and the heat stop workinThen my heat start workin im-a rob me a personCatch a nigga sleepin while he out in the open...and im-a get him ([jay-z:] keep flowin...)*DIES OF MASSIVE CORONARY ATTACK*

Allow me to re-introduce myselfMy name is Hov', OH, H-to-the-O-VI used to move snowflakes by the O-ZI guess even back then you can call meCEO of the R-O-C, Hov'!Fresh out the fryin pan into the fireI be the, music biz number one supplierFlyer/flier than a piece of paper bearin my nameGot the hottest chick in the game wearin my chain, that's rightHov', OH - not D.O.C.But similar to them letters, "No One Can Do it Better"I check cheddar like a food inspectorMy homey Strict told me, "Dude finish your breakfast"So that's what I'ma do, take you back to the dudewith the Lexus, fast-forward the jewels and the necklaceLet me tell you dudes what I do to protect thisI shoot at you actors like movie directors [laughing]This ain't a movie dog (oh sh*t)orbouncin in the lex luger tires smoke like buddha50 g's to the crap shooterniggas can't fade mechrome socks beamin, through my periphial i see ya scheminstop dreamin',i leave ya body steaminniggas is feenin, whats the meanini'm leanin on any nigga intervenin with the sound of my money machine-inmy cuff runnin over with hundredsim one of the best niggas that done itsix digits and runnin,y'all niggas don't want iti got the godfather flow, the don juan demarcoswear to god, don't get it f*cked upret#etertertorWe used to fight for building blocksNow we fight for blocks with buildings that make a killingThe closest of friends when we first startedBut grew apart as the money grew, and soon grew black-heartedThinking back when we first learned to use rubbersHe never learned so in turn I'm kidnapping his baby's motherMy hand around her collar, feeding her cheeseShe said the taste of dollars was shitty so I fed her fiftiesAbout his whereabouts I wasn't convincedSo I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make senseWho could ever forsee, we used to stay up all night at slumber partiesnow I'm trying to rock this bitch to sleepAll the years we were real closeNow I see his fears through her tears, know she's wishing we were stillcloseorMy mind is infested, with sick thoughts that circlelike a Lexus, if driven wrong it's sure to hurt youDual level like duplexes, in unity, my crew and mecommit atrocities like we got immunityYou guessed it, manifest it in tangible goodsPlatinum Rolexed it, we don't leasewe buy the whole care, as you shouldMy confederation, dead a nation, EXPLODEon detonation, overload the mind of a said patientWhen it balls to steam, it comes to itwe all fiends gotta do it, even righteous minds go through thisTrue this, history school us to spend our money foolishBond with jewellers and, watch for intrudersI stepped it up another level, meditated like a buddhistRecruited lieutenants with ludicrous, dreams ofgettin cream let's do this, against T-D-SSo I keep one eye open like, C-B-S, ya see me (his best line ever)stressed right? Can I live?

The music business hate meCause the industry ain't make meHustlers and boosters embrace meAnd the music i be makinI dumb down for my audienceAnd double my dollarsThey criticize me for itYet they all yell "Holla"If skills soldTruth be toldI'd probably beLyriclyTalib KweliTruthfullyI wanna rhyme like Common Sense(But i did five Mil)I ain't been rhymin like Common sinceWhen your sense got that much in commonAnd you been hustlin sinceYour inceptionf*ck perceptionGo with what makes senseSinceI know what i'm up againstWe as rappers must decide what's most impor-tantAnd i can't help the poor if i'm one of themSo i got rich and gave backTo me that's the win, winThe next time you see the homie and his rims spinJust know my mind is workin just like them(The rims that is)

i've revisited so many of these classic verses and it has merely confirmed one thing...Jay Z is so f*ck*ng boring
:!: man is a verball dullard equipped with some dinner table double entendres which only an idiot will spazz overi honestly feel very sorry for any1 who rates himhes not dancing with the vulture
some characterless c*nt tbhproperly tricked sooo many headsi thought after i saw him at glasto it woulda given his music new life, but nah

jay z is/was actually good thoughi'd understand if you was saying this about someone like...................camron
no ones sayin Cams goat thoand regardless, Cam has character Jays never hadproblem is Cam's bars lost all character (kinda), became to formulaicwen i hear them Oh Boy bars i forget how sick he once was

Guest WAVESURFER
jay z is/was actually good thoughi'd understand if you was saying this about someone like...................camron
Nah, f*ck off, Cam is the best rapper alive.Only people f*ck*ng with him is Ghostface & MF Doom.That's the big 3.

Guest WAVESURFER
Nah, f*ck off, Cam is the best rapper alive.Only people f*ck*ng with him is Ghostface & MF Doom.That's the big 3.
them southpaws of rap there
FOR REAL.