The world econony is worse than Tottenham

Action Dan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flava Dave
Republicans have realised McCain has no chance so are voting no to appeal to the tax payer!This is madness.The FTSE will be absolute caos tomorrow, expect a few more banks to go bust!
i shud start spreadbetting still2moro looks like a gd day 2 make some money

Someone please explain how this directly effects me or my family.Would be greatly appreciated.
Read the topic and you'll find out its already been stated
Doesnt say that anywhere in the thread thanks for asking though.
Mortages will no longer be available, no credit for cars, holidays. No credit for businesses, people getting sacked... it effects everyone!

Guest ChoccyLog

Like this is making me so full of rage.I was watching programmes last year about poor people defaulting on their mortgages and I was just so vex.Like how could people be so f*ck*ng greedy. So callous? Because even when the sh*t hits the fan they're still gonna get that fat redundancy chequeArgh!These Republicans though. Today they really finished the global economy.Do they realise the magnitude of what they did today? Really?

all im saying is i feel sorry for the peeps im gunna panic mug tomorrow even tho i dnt have a job or bank account/debts/mortgageshits gunna come like an episode of simpsonsgreat stuffLOG ill see u in picadilly circus which im predicting will become one big open marketplace with ppl bartering for items and heads getting clapped evry 15 seconds

Bailing them out today is just saving the worst for another time. Of course Fed will print more money won't solve anything in the long run. Better they face whatever Depression/Recession now.

Someone please explain how this directly effects me or my family.Would be greatly appreciated.
The worry is more for house owners, small/medium business, people looking to get a mortgage. There is a lot of scare tactics used by the media trying to make everyone think there job is on the line and you could lose it at any moment, but that ain't the case. But the main jobs at risk immediately are those at investment banks and some of the smaller banks who have been making loss after loss and are more likely to be taken over or collapse. A lot of banks are relatively stable, barclays, abbey, citigroup etc.Those on a fixed rate loan/mortgage, needn't worry (unless they bought a property in teh last couple of years). Variable rates will be pushed up as banks try and move themselves into a better position. People who bought property over the last 3 years hoping to cash in on the booming property market are pretty f*cked, they will move into negative equity.Those in the housing market, estate agents, builders etc will notice a dramatic slow down, but then they have been riding high for the last few years.At the end of the day Britain needed to slow down its borrowing like its nothing attitude, hopefully the media hype around this may calm those idiots who buy a playstation on credit before paying there gas bill.**There are other sh*t u need to worry about economically but the points above are what could happen now they haven't passed this, it will effect us here but don't expect to turn up to work 2moro and be told you've been made redundant!!

Those with out standing uni loans are lucky if we get lower interest rates, high inflation. We pay less on real terms. Plus Uni loans won't go more than 3% a year i think.