Credit Crunch? Economic Crisis? Not with Wiley - Cash In My Pocket

Francis Coquelin

Basically f*ck selling out just to make money.
Exactamundo...but I think this should apply slightly less to Wiley.He stayed truer to grime longer than 99% of grime emcees from the same era, whilst at the same time having the largest back catalogue of productions, bars, influences etc. So to be fair, he gets a free pass. The scene would be NOTHING wihtout Wiley imo.All the best,Blade

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically f*ck selling out just to make money.
Exactamundo...but I think this should apply slightly less to Wiley.He stayed truer to grime longer than 99% of grime emcees from the same era, whilst at the same time having the largest back catalogue of productions, bars, influences etc. So to be fair, he gets a free pass. The scene would be NOTHING wihtout Wiley imo.All the best,Blade
I hear what you're saying but I don't agree he should get a free pass. Should just channel his energy somewhere else rather than make poor retro/contemporary/"edgy pop" IMO.Tune is trash, can't believe how bad it is. I'm truly disgusted.

• 2 weeks later...
Im Saying This To Every1 Who Likes Cash In My Pocket There Is A Problem Since I Done The Track Some Idiot From The Label Decided He Would Take A Grime Lyric From Another Tune And Slow It Right Down And Try To Fit It In The Tune It Sounds So sh*t Ive Jus Heard It Now Im Goin On Every Radio Station To Talk About That Is A Disrespect To Me And My Musical Style We Dont Do sh*t Like This It Sounds Rediculous And Im Very Angry That Some1 Has Done This Even If I Go High In The Charts I Will Wipe This sh*t Version Of Cash In My Pocket Out Of My Mind And See You In The New Year When I Will Be Back With My Own Creative Control Instead Of Ben Cook Or John Woolf Or Any Prick Who Does Silly Things Like Adding A 145 Bpm Lyric Down To A Band Played Tune With A Much Slower Tempo I Cant Even Listen To It I Will Never Accept This Ever John Woolf You Are The Worse Manager On Earth Nick Detnon Would Piss On You I Advise Artists To Stay Away From John Woolf He Does sh*t That You Would Want To Kill Him For Believe Me I Want To Kill Him Amongst Others If He Was Infront Of Me Now I Would Empty A Whole Clip At Him For Doin This Stupid Cash In My Pocket 3rd Verse Mockery Please God Save Me Realtalk I Said It
I Am The King And Cash In My Pocket Is A Tune Im Not Happy About But I Will Still Reap The Benefits Cos My Name Will Get Bigger From The Track Then Next Year When I Get A Grime Hit Every 1 Will Have To Sit Down Without Fail Then Cos It Will Visible I Got To Where I Wanted To Go Had To Just Make All Types Of Music To Corner The Market Tho It Was A Lont Ting At Times But Now I Feel Very Powerful You Wouldnt Imagine Cos You Aint Going Thru What Im Going Thru Success Is Heavy Still

Im Saying This To Every1 Who Likes Cash In My Pocket There Is A Problem Since I Done The Track Some Idiot From The Label Decided He Would Take A Grime Lyric From Another Tune And Slow It Right Down And Try To Fit It In The Tune It Sounds So sh*t Ive Jus Heard It Now Im Goin On Every Radio Station To Talk About That Is A Disrespect To Me And My Musical Style We Dont Do sh*t Like This It Sounds Rediculous And Im Very Angry That Some1 Has Done This Even If I Go High In The Charts I Will Wipe This sh*t Version Of Cash In My Pocket Out Of My Mind And See You In The New Year When I Will Be Back With My Own Creative Control Instead Of Ben Cook Or John Woolf Or Any Prick Who Does Silly Things Like Adding A 145 Bpm Lyric Down To A Band Played Tune With A Much Slower Tempo I Cant Even Listen To It I Will Never Accept This Ever John Woolf You Are The Worse Manager On Earth Nick Detnon Would Piss On You I Advise Artists To Stay Away From John Woolf He Does sh*t That You Would Want To Kill Him For Believe Me I Want To Kill Him Amongst Others If He Was Infront Of Me Now I Would Empty A Whole Clip At Him For Doin This Stupid Cash In My Pocket 3rd Verse Mockery Please God Save Me Realtalk I Said It
I Am The King And Cash In My Pocket Is A Tune Im Not Happy About But I Will Still Reap The Benefits Cos My Name Will Get Bigger From The Track Then Next Year When I Get A Grime Hit Every 1 Will Have To Sit Down Without Fail Then Cos It Will Visible I Got To Where I Wanted To Go Had To Just Make All Types Of Music To Corner The Market Tho It Was A Lont Ting At Times But Now I Feel Very Powerful You Wouldnt Imagine Cos You Aint Going Thru What Im Going Thru Success Is Heavy Still
Wow.Grandeurs of delusion springs to mind.And the "Change case" tool on Word.