Do You Genuinely Believe Money Cant Be Made From Grime?

Avon Barksdale

I do not see why people feel the need to make hiphop or funky or electro thinking it will help to get paid.There just being sheep and following.Instead of jumping on a genre that has artists who were prepared to put the work in and build up from the ground rather then doing the hard work themselves, why not create a foundation in grime and help it rise.There is loads of money to be made from Grime imo.Not just the music side of it but also the business side just like JME started doing amongst other things.

Money can be made from grime but some of the obstacles which need to be overcome for it to be plausible require more work than most are willing to put in.Live performances and raves are the foundation of any underground music scene and most clubs view grime events as too high risk. If bridges could be made between serious promoters, the police and the club owners then I believe it would have a massive positive affect on the scene.the reason I say serious promoters is because too many are primarily interested in lining their pockets and as a result overlook some of the fundamentals you need to have in place to minimise the risk of problems/trouble at your rave. I think the MC's/DJ's need to push on with spreading the scene internationally like they were a few years back when quite a few of them were performing abroad. Theirs bare things that could be done.Bare people still love grime so it can still be profitable.

Money can be made from grime but some of the obstacles which need to be overcome for it to be plausible require more work than most are willing to put in.Live performances and raves are the foundation of any underground music scene and most clubs view grime events as too high risk. If bridges could be made between serious promoters, the police and the club owners then I believe it would have a massive positive affect on the scene.the reason I say serious promoters is because too many are primarily interested in lining their pockets and as a result overlook some of the fundamentals you need to have in place to minimise the risk of problems/trouble at your rave. I think the MC's/DJ's need to push on with spreading the scene internationally like they were a few years back when quite a few of them were performing abroad. Theirs bare things that could be done.Bare people still love grime so it can still be profitable.
Did you watch that Logan interview? He talks about thishttp://vimeo.com/2455624

if theres no raves or no vinyl how do u expect an underground scene to run properly? just cant be doneso imo if these things aint changin, were not movingbut if we talkin selling out or begging other scene thats new and/or looked at as the new hype then..............i still highly enjoy the grime music thats being done now

theres not as much money in grime as most would like there to beits one of dem things where u have to put in a large amount of work to see a reasonable return, and most just dn't think its worth the effortplusno ones willing to build up the scene, cuz they know its more for to the benefit of thoes that will come after themlook at krs-one, his not caking at all and his one of the great old men of rapkindah long when u think about it

Money can be made from grime but some of the obstacles which need to be overcome for it to be plausible require more work than most are willing to put in. Live performances and raves are the foundation of any underground music scene and most clubs view grime events as too high risk. If bridges could be made between serious promoters, the police and the club owners then I believe it would have a massive positive affect on the scene. the reason I say serious promoters is because too many are primarily interested in lining their pockets and as a result overlook some of the fundamentals you need to have in place to minimise the risk of problems/trouble at your rave. I think the MC's/DJ's need to push on with spreading the scene internationally like they were a few years back when quite a few of them were performing abroad. Theirs bare things that could be done. Bare people still love grime so it can still be profitable.
precisely,if u cant perform here then go elsewer guys should go with wat a dj and five mcs or watever and do some road trip tours of europe,5 cities in evry country,sing about the harassment you receive from local law enforcement and the kids will be yr fans for life or wat have u and hit places like japan, australia,once a yea take all yr tshirts and cds and shot those between shows while setting up contacts with local shops and promoters and you will build a fanbase of international pre-order sales b4 yr album but for god sake dont sleep with underage 007 even if they are up for it

no ones willing to build up the scene, cuz they know its more for to the benefit of thoes that will come after them
its partially cos the collective attitude that people involved have towards the music...if your lyrics are about hyping urself up and making urself look big + general ego = the mentality to be selfish in certain situations.thats wot it seems like from the other side, when guys wanna make money money money and in that train of thought lose focus of the actual music and its just about an image. people almost forget theirs a whole wide scene and it just becomes all me me me. nobody wants to put the work in and build it up if they aint gettin money and the top guys wanting "mainstream money" dont help.this + lack of raves + bootleggers is why whats left of the grime scene is stuck in this limbo.

i believe the godfather of grime has been riding and driving big machines for a few years now.wait wait wait! hold that thought right there ("his money came from wearing my rolex!")wiley was know for not showing up at giggs, why would anyone do that if they were sratpped for cash aye??in an interview, when asked about how much money he made wearing my rolex, wiley confirms he was more than comfortable before before the song although he has now been able to by a few more toys (bently, hammer h2, ice, and some superbikes)as a result of the songs success. im sure kano and tinchy stryder have living in there own houses