MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

Oh shit, what a fucking fight.

First round was a replica of the last fight. Edgar somehow manages to survive the Maynard punching barrage. Came back strong straight away, won the 2nd, 3rd and was winning the 4th before landing that monster uppercut. Never seen Maynard fucked up like that before, brutal TKO. Nothing but respect to Edgar, true champion.

Has to be Melendez next in line, especially after Guillard fucked himself up. Hendo/Guida can face the winner of that fight. Lauzon vs Pettis would be pretty sweet too.

Also Skybet screwed me over. I tried putting money for Edgar on and they stopped taking bets just at that moment :angry:

CHAEL is dat fucking guy

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/chael-sonnen-ufc-136-post-fight-interview/1208598225001

<object width="480" height="280" id="AOLVP_1208598225001" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf"></param><param'>http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashvars" value="codever=1&publisherid=1612833736&stillurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpdl%2Estream%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fpdlext%2Faol%2Fbrightcove%2Faolmaster%2F1612833736%2F1612833736%5F1208307719001%5Fari%2Dorigin54%2Darc%2D151%2D1318132752424%2Ejpg%3FpubId%3D1612833736&playerid=61371447001&videoid=1208598225001"></param><embed src="http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#000000" width="480" height="280" name="AOLVP_1208598225001" flashvars="codever=1&publisherid=1612833736&stillurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpdl%2Estream%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fpdlext%2Faol%2Fbrightcove%2Faolmaster%2F1612833736%2F1612833736%5F1208307719001%5Fari%2Dorigin54%2Darc%2D151%2D1318132752424%2Ejpg%3FpubId%3D1612833736&playerid=61371447001&videoid=1208598225001"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...

best card ever.

was slightly shocked about Lauzon and Sonnen (in a way) didnt think he'd dominate like that, it was actually amazing to see,

the WWE Promo afterwards only cemenbted his legendary status despite his seemingly racial undertones lol

his comments before the fight regarding Anderson's wife cooking him a steak.......

Aldo doesn't need commenting on, it'd be interesting to see where Florian goes from here,

Edgar is probably the most likeable fighter ever, real peoples champion. Gray Maynard is now in Jon Fitch territory.

best thing for everyone would be for Sonnen to beat Silva, saying that though i dont see Silva beating Jones and his age is a issue against him making a proper impact at 205 (god forbid he goes there and has to fight someone like Rashad), but Sonnen needs to stay or else he's gonna make Vince a lot of money, possibly along with Barnett after Barnett wins the Strikeforce tournament and Dana and his talks stall as they inevitably will.

Bj Diaz

Henderson Shogun

Cain Dos Santos

Brock Overeem

Mir and big Nog rematch

Jones and Machida

Bisping Mayhem

all to look forward to aswell.

and boxing are dealing with controversy regarding the Floyd and Hopkins fights,

my mouth is watering but my heart is actually breaking for "top flight" boxing.

the Fox deal will fully leave it behind.

i hope the boxing match we all want is made, as the UFC need competition, we've all seen what a monopoly over a certain fan base has done to Wrestling

was slightly shocked about Lauzon and Sonnen (in a way) didnt think he'd dominate like that, it was actually amazing to see,

the WWE Promo afterwards only cemenbted his legendary status despite his seemingly racial undertones lol

When we look at past results of both Guillard and Stann, they both have had troubles with submission artists and wrestlers respectively. Lauzon and Sonnen on paper were their Achilles heel. The way both fights were built up were made to confuse the outcome, especially with the hyping of Melvin.

What racial undertones? I didn't see anything like that.

Edgar is probably the most likeable fighter ever, real peoples champion. Gray Maynard is now in Jon Fitch territory.

Totally agree, Frankie is one of the most likeable guys in the sport full stop. He gives it his all in the fight, never trash talks, always humble, its hard not to be a fan.

I don't think Maynard is in "Fitch territory" at all. Jon Fitch is the number 2 WW in the division without a doubt, his only UFC loss has come to GSP. Except the way he was beaten, so badly, without a chance in all 5 rounds. Its hard to justify as well as hype up the rematch, despite him going unbeaten in the last 6. Maynard showed even in the fight in Houston, he could, probably should have defeated Edgar but completely lost the game plan. Should he win his next 2/3, he will have another title shot imo.

best thing for everyone would be for Sonnen to beat Silva, saying that though i dont see Silva beating Jones and his age is a issue against him making a proper impact at 205 (god forbid he goes there and has to fight someone like Rashad), but Sonnen needs to stay or else he's gonna make Vince a lot of money, possibly along with Barnett after Barnett wins the Strikeforce tournament and Dana and his talks stall as they inevitably will.

Chael will not leave the UFC. Even if he loses in the opening 20 secs via flying triangle. He retracted his original "offer" after Silva did not respond, so he wouldn't have to live up to his words. I bet secretly he knows Anderson and his camp would take no action, so he can say whatever he wants. I think some fighters need to take a lesson fro Chael, talking keeps you relevant. Before his big macho man act, I don't remember Sonnen in any middleweight discussion despite being a pro very early.

Nah, there were no racial undertones in that legendary promo, but he's displayed that kind of thing before, comments regarding Brazil/Brazzilian's etc. An I just get that White fundamentalist thing feel from him, (could be reading it entirely wrong)

Hear what your saying about Lauzon and Stann but I still thought those fights would've gone the other way, especially due to Sonnen's ring rust, and his comments in fight week.

Not sure Maynard will get another shot while Edgar's champ, can't remember the exact quote, but when asked Dana didn't seem too excited by the prospect,

Even though in reality, that fight is now more valuable than it's ever been. Would love to see it again, especially as it's now 1-1 but just not too hopefully of it happening anytime soon.

GSP injured.

Returning UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz will get his UFC 137 main event after all, as UFC President Dana White announced via twitter Tuesday afternoon that 170-pound champion Georges St-Pierre has been forced to withdraw from his October 29th title defense against Carlos Condit due to a knee injury.

Diaz, who was originally scheduled to face GSP in the UFC 137 main event before being pulled from the bout due to two press conference no shows, will now see his three-round bout with BJ Penn elevated to the main event a week from Saturday.

"We will sit Carlos to wait for GSP," wrote White. "It's looking so far like he could be ready in a couple months."

Condit would have got fucked up anyway.

Diaz will get ended also. GSP's all round game is too much for that weight devision

GSP needs to move up a weight and fight Sonnen cos Sonnen is the best MMA fighter in the world right now.

Was so unlucky vs Silva. Expecting Sonnen to kill off the spider in the rematch.

• Upvote 1

Condit would have got fucked up anyway.

Diaz will get ended also. GSP's all round game is too much for that weight devision

GSP needs to move up a weight and fight Sonnen cos Sonnen is the best MMA fighter in the world right now.

Was so unlucky vs Silva. Expecting Sonnen to kill off the spider in the rematch.

GSP won't move up any time soon if ever.

Sonnen the best MMA fighter?? :lol:

Sonnen was caught abusing banned substances in the post-fight drugs test. IF he had won that match against Anderson, he would have been stripped of the title and his contract terminated. Plus Silva was coming off a knee surgery. Silva destroys him in a rematch.