Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argentine international is latest option on Wenger’s midfield listAuthor: Josh Williamshttp://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/23 ... _list.aspxArsene Wenger is keen on bolstering Arsenal’s midfield with the signing of an Argentinean international, according to reports in South America. Argentina’s Telam newspaper has suggested that Wenger is interested in Valencia’s 21-year-old Ever Banega, capped two times by his country. The midfielder has made no secret of his desire to leave Valencia, stating: "I will not return to Valencia, even though I still have a contract with them." Banega joined Valencia from Boca Juniors for €18m at the start of 2008, but failed to impress initially and was loaned to Atletico Madrid for the entirety of last season. With Atletico looking unlikely to make the Argentinean a permanent addition to their playing staff, Wenger seems poised to swoop. Any move for Banega would soften the blow of losing out on principal target, Fiorentina’s Felipe Melo, to Juventus.

Eto'o's Barca future still unsureCameroon striker Samuel Eto'o is yet to commit his future to Spanish champions Barcelona, according to the club's president Joan Laporta.Barcelona have offered Eto'o a two-year contract extension in a bid to stop a move to English side Manchester City."I have called him a couple of times but he hasn't answered his mobile," Laporta said."I don't know if he has changed the number or whether he's lost it, but I would like to speak to him.""The situation has saddened me because we've always had a clear and direct relationship."We offered him two years and we're waiting for his answer. I would like to be able to talk to him calmly." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8142095.stm

Guest Medic
pissed melo was clearly wengers 1st choice cm targetnow we will go for the cheapest option out of the seconds. which sounds like matuidi at a mere 2.5mjust hope he's good

Guest Medic
That's what I'm guessing, they've said no to Ribery and want Cazorla.Odds on Ribery going to Liverpool have gone from 66-1 to odds on.
Goal is almost as bad as Tribal.

Eto'o's Barca future still unsureCameroon striker Samuel Eto'o is yet to commit his future to Spanish champions Barcelona, according to the club's president Joan Laporta.Barcelona have offered Eto'o a two-year contract extension in a bid to stop a move to English side Manchester City."I have called him a couple of times but he hasn't answered his mobile," Laporta said."I don't know if he has changed the number or whether he's lost it, but I would like to speak to him.""The situation has saddened me because we've always had a clear and direct relationship."We offered him two years and we're waiting for his answer. I would like to be able to talk to him calmly." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8142095.stm
*chokes on cereal*

I wouldn't say Matuidi is a second rate target as we've been linked with him for a couple of seasons now.Wenger clearly likes him, I haven't seen him play enough to judge but if he has similar ability and skillset as Diarra (who is the same height) I wouldn't be against it at all.

lmao