Unplanned Overdraft!?

NiNES.

What?I hate credit cards. Absolutely hate them. Will never EVER get one. So pipe down and figure out what ur guna do to get ur money back etc.I was merely spouting in jest.. as it would actually be cheaper to get the CC than have the bank add charges upon charges. Credit cards are cool providing you can maintain them.. obviously YOU cant init.What though?

I live by the philosophy that if you can't afford it there and then with your own money you can't have it.
i will actually quote this as this is the way it should of been from day dot.we wouldnt be in the situation we are in now (economically) ... although most of us wudn't be in yards right now if it was law.From i dont have the P for suttin... have to jus go without eating dinner n save tbh. Snuffin

I honestly believe people who have credit cards/buy things on finance/take out any form of credit OTHER than a mortgage were brought up badly. My Mum, a single parent on a 13g a year job brought up two kids without a single credit card and now you see 22 year olds with 4+ and a car on finance like it's normal. It's ridiculous. Budget and save then you'll have all the things you need or want without owing anybody a thing.

Guest Safe_Haven
I honestly believe people who have credit cards/buy things on finance/take out any form of credit OTHER than a mortgage were brought up badly. My Mum, a single parent on a 13g a year job brought up two kids without a single credit card and now you see 22 year olds with 4+ and a car on finance like it's normal. It's ridiculous. Budget and save then you'll have all the things you need or want without owing anybody a thing.
tbh that is true... but saving is very time consuming...however, i believe the kind/group of peolple that should be/have on finance is people that have families and outgoing liabilities whereby their own funds cannot stretch...not a teenager getting an audi r8 on finance to stunt

Yeah i suppose... I dont even make them big purchases without having the money there still... macz duno wot ur doin tbh shud jus get a credit card.
I've never touched my overdraft once so its a minorbut I don't want a credit card atm anyways

Credit cards are cool providing you can maintain them.. obviously YOU cant init.
How can you assume I can't maintain a credit card out of thin air? I've been maintaining my own finances since I was 17 and never needed a credit card. THIS alone speaks for itself to be honest, and I hope I never have to prove that I can maintain a credit card.

U talk sense still... I was brought up in the same situation. Growin up mumzy had NO cards... had to bang out the pilchards n rice when times were like that.Quite a few people walk in my store.. between 18-25 banging out these CC's..
Me - "Im sorry, we dont take american express" (wtf how did u even GET one of those at that age?!)Them - "Oh? Thats cool... *pulls out an equally dumb credit card*

hmmm interesting point..This 'buy now pay later culture' is now the norm with our genertion. Some people actually live on the credit card like its their income.. serious..Nothing wrong in a creadit card if you have the discipline and can actually pay it back but majority don't /cant pay it back. But if you can avoid it, then do so.

It's pathetic really, the amount of stores giving out store cards is INSANE every single time I walk into a shop nowadays that isn't Tesco or Asda they're using the whole "You can save 10% if you take out this card today" WTF?!?!? Why would that even appeal to anybody I do not know. Going on like 10% is the be all and end all of life.

Credit cards are cool providing you can maintain them.. obviously YOU cant init.
How can you assume I can't maintain a credit card out of thin air? I've been maintaining my own finances since I was 17 and never needed a credit card. THIS alone speaks for itself to be honest, and I hope I never have to prove that I can maintain a credit card.
Theres a difference between maintaining your own finances.. and maintaining a credit card. Im pretty sure everyones been maintaining themselves from early teens.. nothing new there bruh.If you HONESTLY have no reason for a card, cause u pay directly or whatever... and ur happy with ur financial status.. and you TRULY believe in the saving scheme.. then big up you.

i think it's over the top to stereotype everyone who has a credit card a result of bad parentinghaving a credit card does not equal having £30K worth of debt i work in solvency and i will never pay for sh*t in cash if it's more than i can afford to lose i've had to listen to so many sob stories where people have dropped £5000 worth of cash on something they're never going to receive

The worst thing about it all is that the people who are on 20g a year or something are the ones getting offered all the mad credit cards. WHY ON EARTH somebody who earns 20g a year couldn't live on that alone is beyond me.And if a single person tells me "It will improve your credit rating" again I will physically implode. A credit rating ONLY matters if you want something on credit.

Theres a difference between maintaining your own finances.. and maintaining a credit card. Im pretty sure everyones been maintaining themselves from early teens.. nothing new there bruh.If you HONESTLY have no reason for a card, cause u pay directly or whatever... and ur happy with ur financial status.. and you TRULY believe in the saving scheme.. then big up you.
I'm not even saying it's a thing that I maintained my finances for however long all I'm saying is that it's unnecessary to have anything on credit because 9/10 it's used for things people WANT not NEED. But maybe that's a generalisation.

The worst thing about it all is that the people who are on 20g a year or something are the ones getting offered all the mad credit cards. WHY ON EARTH somebody who earns 20g a year couldn't live on that alone is beyond me.And if a single person tells me "It will improve your credit rating" again I will physically implode. A credit rating ONLY matters if you want something on credit.
dude? circumstances vary for everyone..but I agree with your second para'

Guest Safe_Haven

wot the government or wotever is saying is that u literally have to have something where u are paying by ur own direct debit for a said amount of time to not miss a payment for then in the future to get stuff u want easier on credit

dude? circumstances vary for everyone..but I agree with your second para'
Yeah, of course. I completely agree with you but I'm just generalising tbh.