Unplanned Overdraft!?

NiNES.

Guest Safe_Haven

OK I SEE WOT GEMMA IS SAYING...SHE IS SAYING WHEN U GO ABROAD AND U WANNA WITHDRAW MONEY, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR DEBIT CARD AS THAT IS AS GOOD AS "CASH" MONEYCREDIT CARDS HOWEVER, U CANNOT USUALLY WITHDRAW MONEY FROM THEM, YOU HAVE TO FIZZICALLY USE THEM IN A RETAIL STORE/SHOP AND PURCHASE THINGS...SO YEAH

I honestly believe people who have credit cards/buy things on finance/take out any form of credit OTHER than a mortgage were brought up badly.
Then you're a f*ck*ng idiot. Sometimes you want something now and by the time you have saved enough for it you won't be able to get it. If a person has self control and has the ability to manage their finances there is no reason why they shouldn't get a loan/buy things on finance.Just read another of your posts and it seems my first sentence was more true than I had realised.
Thanks for proving my point. Want, not need.Regards,Charlie Chalk.xx
Whether you want it or need it, it is irrelevant. If you have control of your finances, there is NO reason why you shouldn't do it. Only weak people that cannot be sure that they will be able to keep themselves away from the shops in the months to follow have anything to worry about. You are obviously one of these people which is why you're so afraid to borrow.I would like to say your view narrowminded but it's beyond that... It's stupid.

GEMMA... ARE U SPEAKING ABOUT LOSS? COZ IT SOUNDS LIKE IF U DONT WANT SOMETHING U CAN CLAIM IT BACK ON UR CREDIT CARD BUT NOT DEBIT CARD AS IT IS STRAIGHT CASH WHICH IS URZ
yeh i'm speaking about loss so if the company went bust and you bought a xbox 360 online or something that you're now not going to get, you can claim the money back from your credit card companybut if you paid by cash you're sh*t outta luck

Whether you want it or need it, it is irrelevant. If you have control of your finances, there is NO reason why you shouldn't do it. Only weak people that cannot be sure that they will be able to keep themselves away from the shops in the months to follow have anything to worry about. You are obviously one of these people which is why you're so afraid to borrow.I would like to say your view narrowminded but it's beyond that... It's stupid.
Ok whatever makes you feel better, but at the end of the month my direct debits are Orange, gas, leccy, water and done. Yours are Mastercard (min payment), Amex (min payment), Natwest Credit Card (min payment) etc. etc.I know who I'd rather be.

GEMMA... ARE U SPEAKING ABOUT LOSS? COZ IT SOUNDS LIKE IF U DONT WANT SOMETHING U CAN CLAIM IT BACK ON UR CREDIT CARD BUT NOT DEBIT CARD AS IT IS STRAIGHT CASH WHICH IS URZ
yeh i'm speaking about loss so if the company went bust and you bought a xbox 360 online or something that you're now not going to get, you can claim the money back from your credit card companybut if you paid by cash you're sh*t outta luck
Ok, for the reasons of insurance I see where you're coming from. But I still wouldn't be buying luxury goods if I couldn't afford to lose the money for them.

OK I SEE WOT GEMMA IS SAYING...SHE IS SAYING WHEN U GO ABROAD AND U WANNA WITHDRAW MONEY, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR DEBIT CARD AS THAT IS AS GOOD AS "CASH" MONEYCREDIT CARDS HOWEVER, U CANNOT USUALLY WITHDRAW MONEY FROM THEM, YOU HAVE TO FIZZICALLY USE THEM IN A RETAIL STORE/SHOP AND PURCHASE THINGS...SO YEAH
nope loldebit card = maestro, solo or visa debitcredit card = mastercard, visa or amexmaestro and solo cards are not accepted most places outside of europe (tbh i can't really confirm africa and south america as i've never been)you can however withdraw money using your debit card from atm's abroadcredit cards are accepted everywhere, and you can withdraw money from it at banks but that incurs ridiculous fees

i personally dont like to walk around with large amounts of cash on me, whether in england or abroad, but that's just me and travellers cheques can be long finding a bank and then waiting in line to get it cashed
Oh, so you'd take ALL the cash you brought with you out on a daily basis. Yeah, you make sense.

BTW Gemma your chatting sh*t.You can claim back from a debit card. I ordered 300 quid worth of stuff from turnkey. Paid with my Maestro. They went into administration. Couple phone calls. Natwest returned my pee safely to my bank account within 45 days.
nah i'm actually noti could waste time finding literature to prove my point but there's no pointi can only assume you were already in your overdraft when you made your purchaseor maybe the new company that bought turnkeys assets struck a deal with the merchant service provider whereby they returned surplus funds to customers :)

Guest Safe_Haven
has to be blonde
I've literally wanted to ask this since her first post. I have this idea in my head of how she looks and everything.
LMAO SAME AS ME

Ok, for the reasons of insurance I see where you're coming from. But I still wouldn't be buying luxury goods if I couldn't afford to lose the money for them.
Nowadays debit cards offer chargebacks aswell, so if you paid for the xbox 360 by ur debit card and that situation occurred you can still go to your bank and get your money back on the debit cardI recently had to do something like this when buying a camera